Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Dr Ferrari's Camper Van (off-topic discussion)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭Crow92

http://www.adverts.ie/bikes/clearance-bike-spare-part-stock/1838856?notification=4ece15f448ba24689531a12c098cbe03-1341755052#comment_8829368

Definitely the strangest "bike" ad I've ever read, Wonder if it was a closed shop, the nothing high end just loads of bits.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,679 ✭✭✭bcmf

TheBlaaMan wrote: »
    Cocky, but a massive talent......

No hands wheelie across the line

Peter Sagan is now my new mancrush.

• Registered Users Posts: 869 ✭✭✭Holyboy

They do indeed but finding one for sale is a different story AND it needs to be cheap as customer won't be willing to pay top dolla'.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭AstraMonti

Remove or add spacers and run a +-6 degrees one?

• Registered Users Posts: 869 ✭✭✭Holyboy

AstraMonti wrote: »
    Remove or add spacers and run a +-6 degrees one?

If only it were that easy, I need to fit a stroker bar and stem to a seized seatpost on a cargo/child carrier bike! These are the kind of things that keep me from working on nice carbon bikes that need BBs and headsets replaced :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭AstraMonti

ilAsC.jpg

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

300px-Mermaid_Man.svg.png

• Registered Users Posts: 9,121 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

RobFowl wrote: »
    Mermaid Man
    22917631.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,297 ✭✭✭✭Jawgap

Go placidly amid the noise.....

406211_420884197955025_1287671234_n.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭colm_gti

I know what the velominati rules state about tan lines...but at what stage is it considered ridiculous...

de4ae058.jpg

The same stands for my legs and shoulders...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭AIR-AUSSIE

colm_gti wrote: »
    I know what the velominati rules state about tan lines...but at what stage is it considered ridiculous...

[IMG]http://i199.photobucket.com/albums/aa221/p-nutter/de4ae058.jpg The same stands for my legs and shoulders...[/img]

That isn't close too a solid line yet, still a bit blurry. :pac:

• Administrators Posts: 53,365 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Joined Cycling Ireland this week. Membership card just arrived.

I feel so nifty! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,365 ✭✭✭Lusk Doyle

colm_gti wrote: »

de4ae058.jpg

The same stands for my legs and shoulders...

I don't know about the tan but that floor is a disgrace! Ever hear of a brush?!?

• Administrators Posts: 53,365 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Arm warmers - does small/med/large indicate size or just length? Are they a one-size-fits-all stretchy job?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭colm_gti

Lusk Doyle wrote: »
    I don't know about the tan but that floor is a disgrace! Ever hear of a brush?!?

Haha, the 2 bints I live with were at the phoenix park last night and walked through the kitchen in their wellies just before I took the photo :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

awec wrote: »
    Arm warmers - does small/med/large indicate size or just length? Are they a one-size-fits-all stretchy job?

Size the lenght is proportional as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

RobFowl wrote: »
    Size the lenght is proportional as well.

The length is sometimes the same. Depends on the manufacturer I guess.

Raam wrote: »
    The length is sometimes the same. Depends on the manufacturer I guess.

Found that the BBB ones seem the same but santini ones seem to differ. Gutted to have lost one of the ones i got from you though! Still have the leg warmers though. Always get comments !!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

Speaking of arm warmers, has anyone else ever punched themselves in the face when trying to put them on? I've done that a few times.
    * rubs jaw *

Raam wrote: »
    Speaking of arm warmers, has anyone else ever punched themselves in the face when trying to put them on? I've done that a few times.
    * rubs jaw *

How?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,365 ✭✭✭Lusk Doyle

Jawgap wrote: »
    How?

I'd guess by pulling them up your arm too fast and letting go of the end by accident? It doesn't help if you are also attempting to kiss the guns whilst putting the arm warmers on :rolleyes:

Mystery solved - I tend to hold the warmer and push my arm through, rather than keep the arm steady and pull the warmer up:)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,830 ✭✭✭doozerie

Raam wrote:
    * rubs jaw *

The trick is to catch yourself unawares. When you least expect it, sneak up on yourself and get the arm warmers on before you have a chance to retaliate.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,969 ✭✭✭hardCopy

George Lee accused of machine-doping in a Howth Hill Climb Race:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,676 ✭✭✭Gavin

Electric mountain bikes my arse!

Bah, just got told I'm out of a job after Friday. On the plus side, I might have more cycling time I suppose.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

That's a bummer Donal. I remember when I lost my job, I thought I was going to be a while out of work so I spent the last of money on a decent bike and joined the local cycling club, as I thought I wouldn't have the money to play golf seven days a week. Working now but I'm a much better cyclist for it. Hope you don't spend much time out of work and hopefully you make the most of the time you are.

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

Tough luck Donal hope something turns up soon.
    Otherwise look on it as turning pro for team scratcher!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,604 ✭✭✭petethedrummer

Holyboy wrote: »
    They do indeed but finding one for sale is a different story AND it needs to be cheap as customer won't be willing to pay top dolla'.
    A few of these Kore ones are 0 degree, but quite short........and ugly.

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=79579
    http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=62280
    http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=62291

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,991 ✭✭✭el tel

Anyone ever seen or used Vincero Design Edge 16 bottle mounts?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement