Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Shoulder injury

Options
  • 20-06-2009 6:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭

I hurt my shoulder in a gaelic match around 5 weeks ago. Initial consultation with the physio told me that i have strained the tendon on the top of the shoulder/top of the bicep. He also said I have ligament damage. I've slowly began getting the strenght back into it but its sore especially after running. Would anybody be able to recommend a good way to speed up the healing process. I'm open to most things including 'healers, chinese medicine, anything alternative to help me get back playin. Much appreciate any advice.regards Leon

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,684 ✭✭✭macadam

Leon , if you are anywhere close to Drogheda checkout Danny Miller @ Prohealth, I also had a bad shoulder for 3 years and about €3k and he had me right after a scan and 4 visits.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 104 ✭✭Tarzan007

leon76 wrote: »
    I hurt my shoulder in a gaelic match around 5 weeks ago. Initial consultation with the physio told me that i have strained the tendon on the top of the shoulder/top of the bicep. He also said I have ligament damage. I've slowly began getting the strenght back into it but its sore especially after running. Would anybody be able to recommend a good way to speed up the healing process. I'm open to most things including 'healers, chinese medicine, anything alternative to help me get back playin. Much appreciate any advice.regards Leon
    See a physio, but in my experience it takes time and well, that's it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,418 ✭✭✭Jip

The oul adage time heals all wounds is very apt here. I'm recovering from a broken collar bone, while the bone is fine now the ligaments, muscle and tendons were torn and they're the problem which seems to be the same for yourself.

My consultant at the time recommended swimming as the way to go but just breast strokes to begin with. He said it will hurt but work through it. Running puts a lot of shock on your body and hence pulls at your fibres hence you felling the pain afterwards so he recommended not doing too much of it. 5 months later I still get slight pain after a vigourous exercise session but it's a long road to recovery I'm afraid.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,847 ✭✭✭glanman

I had a fairly bad shoulder injury before, treament didn't work unitl I got one physio who did dry needling on it. It revives the muscles and gets them "thinking again" after an injury, or something like that anyway...

It worked for me anyways!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,411 ✭✭✭finbarrk

A shoulder injury seems to take longer than any other injury to heal. Mine is at me for 3 years now and I have seen physios, etc.

• Advertisement
Advertisement