Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wrong names on birth cert

• 02-12-2012 1:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14

Hi,

my wife has been working with the HSE on a trace. They found the BMs birth cert which we found ourselves and they then sent a letter to the person who says they know nothing about it. Now, a couple of conclusions can be reached here:

1. This is the BM and they don't want anything to do with a trace
    2. This is not the BM

It's the second case (2.) which I am interested in. The first name which was supplied on the adoption files is unusual and we found the birth cert easily. Now I'm guessing that if point 2. is the case, then the real BM must have given an incorrect name to the baby home (Bessborough).

From what I know, giving a false name to the baby home is not unusual but does anyone know how much control would have been exerted at the Government offices when the baby was being registered for a birth cert (1970)? Would they have accepted a false name as easily, and without any ID? I ask this because, if the latter is not the case, it would suggest that in fact point 1. above is the real answer. Anyway, I'd be interested in opinions from anyone who knows more,

cheers,

Wittner

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭Dark Artist

I don't know the specific answer to your question, but I will advise that if you found a legitimate birth certificate for the supposed BM using the information that you have, then option 1 is probably what's happening right now.

Advertisement