Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

What games have you completed? 2015 Edition

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,933 ✭✭✭rizzla

Bad Piggies (mobile) - Great little timekiller while in work.
    Halo CE from the Master Chief Collection (Xbox One)
    Halo 2 from TMCC(Xbox One). I can totally understand the stick the game received about that ending, but the campaign was still amazing.
    Halo 3 from TMCC(Xbox One). Took me awhile to play through it again. Did not like the campaign at all.

Adding Angry Birds Star Wars 2 (mobile) - Got all the achievements so counting this as done, Rovio can do no wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,121 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

Finally got around to finishing Oblivion having abandoned it back in September. I was enjoying it until I decided to do the Shivering Isles quest line, which for some reason sucked all the interest I had in the game (**** you, Sheogorath).

Went back to it last week and mainlined the main quest to get it over with. Played around 50 hours in all, it didn't grab me like Fallout 3 did (100 hours+). Hopefully I'll like Skyrim...

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

Finally got around to finishing Oblivion having abandoned it back in September. I was enjoying it until I decided to do the Shivering Isles quest line, which for some reason sucked all the interest I had in the game (**** you, Sheogorath).

Went back to it last week and mainlined the main quest to get it over with. Played around 50 hours in all, it didn't grab me like Fallout 3 did (100 hours+). Hopefully I'll like Skyrim...

I thought Oblivion was better the Skyrim. Did you play Fallout New Vegas?

I thought Oblivion was better the Skyrim. Did you play Fallout New Vegas?
    No, I skipped it. As much as I liked Fallout 3, I still felt a little burned out by the time New Vegas came along. Looking forward to whatever's next in that universe though.

No, I skipped it. As much as I liked Fallout 3, I still felt a little burned out by the time New Vegas came along. Looking forward to whatever's next in that universe though.

Your missing out a lot. Forget Skyrim and get New Vegas, so much better game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭Sisco14

Just finished far cry 4(ps4) really gr8 game, love da side missions, campaign not as long as far cry 3, gr8 graphics, tink I prefered far cry 3 though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭penev10

Kiith wrote: »
    Finally finished Valkyria Chronicles (PC), about 6 years after i started playing it (on PS3). Was still quite enjoyable, but i preferred the early game.

As did I. Probably as the scouts aren't game-breakers until they tier up. All strategy goes out the window once you have them. DLC is worth playing btw.

Your missing out a lot. Forget Skyrim and get New Vegas, so much better game.
    I already own Skyrim (got it, Morrowind, and Oblivion in a bundle in January 2013), so I'll see how many RPGs are still on the backlog the next time New Vegas comes up on sale :)

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭Fawk Nin

Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon [3DS]
    Far Cry 4 [PS4]

Adding:
    Metroid Prime [WiiU]: Arguably my favourite game of all time, definitely in the top 3. It holds up beautifully. In a time when graphics seem to be the be all and end all, this game shows how much more important art direction is than tech. The only downside to this is that I want Prime 4 all that much more now. One of the rare cases where the motion controls actually improve the game. On to Prime 2 now.

Dead Space [PC] : Seriously difficult game at parts. You get used to the enemies and how to kill them and then new even harder ones come along. Good game though. Already bought 2 and 3, don't know when I will get to play them.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 190 ✭✭spookmaster

Just did the same Spookmaster  The ultimate game to play while sick in bed ...

It's great muppetkiller, very engrossing and full of twists throughout the game.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 190 ✭✭spookmaster

Oblivion was the first game that really stole my life. I put an unhealthy amount of time into that game. A classic.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,991 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Adding to my list to bring me to 3 games so far
    wolfenstien
    far cry 4
    dying light

Halo CE from the Master Chief Collection (Xbox One)
    Halo 2 from TMCC(Xbox One). I can totally understand the stick the game received about that ending, but the campaign was still amazing.
    Halo 3 from TMCC(Xbox One). Took me awhile to play through it again. Did not like the campaign at all.
    Angry Birds Star Wars 2 (mobile) - Got all the achievements so counting this as done, Rovio can do no wrong.

Adding The Order: 1886 (PS4) - Do not recommend.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,094 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Papa & Yo - reckon this get an unfair lambasting from some. Maybe the PC version is a significant improvement from the original technically. But yeah I found it a poignant and uniquely personal creation, that uses mechanics cleverly to communicate its themes (and it wears its main metaphor proud and clear). The setting is also wonderfully fresh, and some of the Inception-style bending of landscapes are astonishing to behold. The puzzles aren't always inspired (although mostly perfectly serviceable) and there's one or two frustrating moments, but for the most part this is a nicely designed and bittersweet game that has a strong authorial signature, and has plenty of beautiful and moving moments.

Wolfenstein - does some interesting things, especially in the early stages (some of the story moments in the opening chapters are both surprising and vividly realised). The mechanics were a confident mix of old school and new school - such as its smart hybrid health system. I did find it a game that got less and less interesting as it progressed however, with more focus on shooting galleries and setpieces. The conflict between its sombre storytelling and self-consciously ridiculous gameplay became more and more pronounced, and the two elements became almost antagonistic, cancelling each other out. Still, it's nonetheless an ambitious game which is to be applauded, and usually never less than enjoyable - although also a game at times I'd be inclined to call a noble failure.

Grow Home - a delight. The climbing can be a wee bit on the slow side at times, but Reflections have made a strong game out of a simple idea, with plenty of lovely secrets and sights to discover as you climb and grow a massive beanstalk. The kind of game that conclusively shows the 'good side' of Ubisoft that's too often ignored.

The Vanishing of Ethan Carter - probably the most technically beautiful game I've ever played. Its world leaps off the screen from beginning to end, and was as good a showcase for my new GFX card as could be. The game itself isn't too shabby either, with strong storytelling (including one truly magnificent setpiece that came out of nowhere) and a nice compromise between 'walking simulator' and more involved detective gameplay. Two concerns would be an overly handhold-y hints system and that the world can feel a bit empty at times, especially given so many carefully designed hidden paths that lead nowhere. But then with a game this stunningly rendered there's no shortage of visual delights for those who decide to go wandering.

Dreamfall Chapters Book One - Plenty of what made the original games so compelling: an interesting world, well-defined characters, an intriguing plot. Alas its tight budget sometimes becomes apparent, particularly in the disappointingly static and stilted character interactions that could have definitely used some extra animation resources. The script and graphics are reliably strong, but they're ill-served by flatly animated characters.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,376 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

Batman Arkham Asylum (Fun)
    Batman Arkham City (Fun)
    Batman Arkham Origins (Frustrating)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,431 ✭✭✭Ivefoundgod

Slow start to the year for me gameswise, wasn't much on PS4 so picked up a PS3 and started playing games I've missed out on but I can't seem to stay focused on one game at a time, bought a load of 2nd hand games with it and have played them all for a few hours each. Picked up Batman Arkham City Friday and finished the main story today. Was fun, kinda similar to Shadow Of Mordor which I finished last year so it was easy enough to fly through it. Story made no sense to me really, been years since I'd played Arkham Asylum.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,998 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

One piece unlimited
    Tales of hearts r both on vita
    Grim fandango - vita
    Assassins creed 3 liberation- vita

• Registered Users Posts: 7,991 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Well pleased with my progress so far, managed to finish tomb raider before February ended to bring my list to:
    wolfenstien
    far cry 4
    dying light
    tomb raider.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,336 ✭✭✭wendell borton

It took ~4 years but I've just finished the main quests in Skyrim.

• Advertisement

Halo CE from TMCC (Xbox One) - Back in the day, I can see what the fuss was about.
    Halo 2 from TMCC(Xbox One) - I can totally understand the stick the game received about that ending, but the campaign was still amazing.
    Halo 3 from TMCC(Xbox One) - Took me awhile to play through it again. Did not like the campaign at all.
    Angry Birds Star Wars 2 (mobile) - Got all the achievements so counting this as done, Rovio can do no wrong.
    The Order: 1886 (PS4) - Do not recommend.

Adding Halo 4: TMCC(Xbox One) - Excellent, the graphical leap from 3 to 4 is generational. Got me so excited for 5.
    Also adding Uncharted: Golden Abyss (Vita) - Replayed it on hard, excellent game, still probably one of the best titles for the handled.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Far Cry 4 is done. One or two small bits left, but at this stage I think I've had my fill.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

The Last of Us.
    Far Cry 4.
    Shadow of Mordor.

All three great games for varying reasons. Now moving onto GTA V.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,575 ✭✭✭Mal-Adjusted

Another update,
    Pariah (xbox)
    Aliens: Colonial Marines (xbox 360)
    Jet Ion GP (PS2)
    Wet (xbox 360)
    Gears of War (xbox 360)
    Starcraft 2: Wings of Liberty (PC)
    Road Rash (Panasonic 3DO)
    Terminator 3: War of the Machines (PC)*
    Counter-Strike (xbox)*
    Starcraft 2: Heart of the Swarm (PC)
    Ghost Recon: Advanced Warfighter 2 (xbox 360)
    Metal Gear solid: Peace Walker (xbox 360)
    Remember Me (xbox 360)
    Beyond: Two Souls

*Yes it's a multiplayer game, but I played every map against bots so i'm counting it.

I also have a few I finished last year that I forgot to put into last year's list and i can't edit them in now so I figured they might as well go here.
    Halo 3 ( xbox 360)
    Halo Wars (xbox 360)
    Tatsunoko Vs Capcom: Ultimate All-Stars (Wii)
    Murdered: Soul Suspect (xbox 360)
    Ghost Squad (wii)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

Adding to my 2015 list

CoD: Advanced Warfare [PS4]
    Assassin's Creed: Unity [PS4]
    New Super Mario Bros U [Wii U]

Adding

The LEGO Movie Game [PS4] - easily the best of the LEGO games. It is just a stress free way to spend a few hours. It's also a very good looking game at times.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Zelda: Majoras Mask (3DS)
    Murdered: Soul Suspect (PS4)
    Assassins Creed Unity (PS4)
    Far Cry 4 (PS4)
    Lego Batman 3 (PS4)

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭tyrion1234

So far this year:

PS3
    Crysis 3 - Was alright but nowhere near as good as the first game
    Thief - Started off good but quickly got worse as the game went on.
    Prince of Persia - Bought this about 5 years ago and it was very enjoyable.

PS4
    The Order 1886 - Got this bundled with the PS4 and it was surprisingly good. If I had paid full price for it I would of been disappointing, was very short. Could end up being a very good franchise.

Infamous First Light - Excellent little game. Very short but you cant beat some Infamous.

I'm adding;
    Shadow Warrior on the X1
    The Order 1886 on PS4

Another update,
    Pariah (xbox)
    Aliens: Colonial Marines (xbox 360)
    Jet Ion GP (PS2)
    Wet (xbox 360)
    Gears of War (xbox 360)
    Starcraft 2: Wings of Liberty (PC)
    Road Rash (Panasonic 3DO)
    Terminator 3: War of the Machines (PC)*
    Counter-Strike (xbox)*
    Starcraft 2: Heart of the Swarm (PC)
    Ghost Recon: Advanced Warfighter 2 (xbox 360)
    Metal Gear solid: Peace Walker (xbox 360)
    Remember Me (xbox 360)
    Beyond: Two Souls

*Yes it's a multiplayer game, but I played every map against bots so i'm counting it.

I also have a few I finished last year that I forgot to put into last year's list and i can't edit them in now so I figured they might as well go here.
    Halo 3 ( xbox 360)
    Halo Wars (xbox 360)
    Tatsunoko Vs Capcom: Ultimate All-Stars (Wii)
    Murdered: Soul Suspect (xbox 360)
    Ghost Squad (wii)

Wet is great fun, like Max Payne but no buzz kill

• Advertisement

Hopefully I'll like Skyrim...
    I did! I put in 60 hours and enjoyed most of it.

Just the Dawnguard DLC to do before I'm finished finished. Glad it's off the backlog.

Advertisement