Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Pro12: Munster vs Leinster, Sat 31 March 7:30pm, Live on RTÉ2

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 25,207 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

Sorry, you put DOC ahead of Brad Thorn? Seriously?

Have to disagree. Thorn is 37 but there is no comparison.

I think he's putting him ahead as a jumper at 2 as opposed to in general...

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,599 Mod ✭✭✭✭CIARAN_BOYLE

Dylan Hartley
    Sorry, you put DOC ahead of Brad Thorn? Seriously?

Have to disagree. Thorn is 37 but there is no comparison.
    I assume he meant DOC is slightly better in the lineout than Thorn which is a debatable but understandable point. Thorn is better in the rest of the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 854 ✭✭✭RoundBox11

Dylan Hartley
    I can't wait for this game now. Always a great match.

Tbh i don't see how Munster are going to be able to live with Leinster. No POC, no Ryan, no Wallace, no Howlett, no Murray. I can't see anything but a Leinster win.

I think Munster are shooting themselves in the foot by picking Horan ahead of DuPreez. Fair enough Horan might be able to raise his game because of the whole Munster V Leinster thing, but id never select an inferior player just because of the personal rivalry involved. Seems rediculous to me. Mike Ross is going to have a field day. In fact, even Jamie Hagan would do a number on Horan imo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 607 ✭✭✭ed7890

RoundBox11 wrote: »

Tbh i don't see how Munster are going to be able to live with Leinster. No POC, no Ryan, no Wallace, no Howlett, no Murray. I can't see anything but a Leinster win.

I think Munster are shooting themselves in the foot by picking Horan ahead of DuPreez. Fair enough Horan might be able to raise his game because of the whole Munster V Leinster thing, but id never select an inferior player just because of the personal rivalry involved. Seems rediculous to me. Mike Ross is going to have a field day. In fact, even Jamie Hagan would do a number on Horan imo.

Really?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,264 ✭✭✭✭Fireball07

Leinster

Ah now, Horan isn't that bad. And Du Preez struggled against Connacht too, there could be lots of reasons to pick Horan.

For example, I would say that both Jennings and McLaughlin are inferior to SOB and that D'Arcy is inferior to McFadden. Doesn't mean it is the wrong choice.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,670 ✭✭✭✭phog

For those of you intending to arrive in the city by the Dock Rd, aka(N69 or the R510) this is also the exit before the tunnel if arriving from Dublin side of bypass, there will be roadworks on a section close to the Clarion Hotel.

See here.

If all goes to plan it shouldn't have a major impact on match traffic but for those arriving early may wish to plan a different route, O'Connell Ave or the tunnel (tolled) would be decent alternative routes.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

Dylan Hartley
    ed7890 wrote: »

Really?
    Not a hope!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,939 ✭✭✭mikedragon32

Dylan Hartley
    If all goes to plan it shouldn't have O'Connell Ave or the tunnel (tolled) would be decent alternative routes.
    A clever plan to make a few euros off them city stickers?

*joke...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭durkadurka

Well, arriving at 4.30 tomorrow for my first trip to thomond.

I'm only dyin to go. Looking forward to the Craic pre during and post match tomorrow.

So where are yez drinking tomorrow?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,637 ✭✭✭CoDy1

Leinster
    durkadurka wrote: »
    Well, arriving at 4.30 tomorrow for my first trip to thomond.

I'm only dyin to go. Looking forward to the Craic pre during and post match tomorrow.

So where are yez drinking tomorrow?

Where are ye based? No point in heading to TP until just before the game, The Shannon bar, Bohs bar and the Dugout will be packed and will have plastic glasses, so leave it as late as ye can.

If the sun is shining, no harm in heading to the Locke, JJ Bowles, Curragower.

The Strand hotel always have a good set up on match days.

• Advertisement

We're staying in some sh1thole budget hotel in the middle of town.

So keep away from the ground till the end yeah?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,637 ✭✭✭CoDy1

Leinster
    We're staying in some sh1thole budget hotel in the middle of town.

So keep away from the ground till the end yeah?

There is always a decent buzz around the ground but sure if ye are starting at 4.30, you'll have plenty of time to sample a few pubs before heading there! Enjoy yourselves!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,264 ✭✭✭✭Fireball07

Leinster
    One thing that I'm hoping for (apart from the obvious Munster win and a good game) is that it won't be decided by poor refereeing/some controversy. Too many big games are marred by bad refereeing decisions, sometimes in critical areas. I know it's a hard game to ref but I hope the game is decided on the quality of rugby rather than an officiating error.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,889 ✭✭✭tolosenc

Fireball07 wrote: »
    One thing that I'm hoping for (apart from the obvious Munster win and a good game) is that it won't be decided by poor refereeing/some controversy. Too many big games are marred by bad refereeing decisions, sometimes in critical areas. I know it's a hard game to ref but I hope the game is decided on the quality of rugby rather than an officiating error.

You heard that knock ons are now penalty tries, right?

A big hope for me is no injuries on both sides.

Because lets face it. Next week is what really matters for both sides.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,549 ✭✭✭✭Judgement Day

Leinster
    A big hope for me is no injuries on both sides.

I don't know what Leinster have to worry about, you're only facing blooming Cardiff. :D

I don't know if they are lulling us into a false sense of security. Getting walloped by fecking glasgae doesn't strike me as ideal confidence building preparation it must be said!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭totallegend

Leinster
    Fireball07 wrote: »
    Ah now, Horan isn't that bad. And Du Preez struggled against Connacht too, there could be lots of reasons to pick Horan.

For example, I would say that both Jennings and McLaughlin are inferior to SOB and that D'Arcy is inferior to McFadden. Doesn't mean it is the wrong choice.

Paul Wallace was very complimentary about Horan's scrummaging on Matt Cooper last night, seemed to think he'd be in the running for the summer tour... I dunno, I would still rate wdp ahead of him.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,917 ✭✭✭fitz

Paul Wallace was very complimentary about Horan's scrummaging on Matt Cooper last night, seemed to think he'd be in the running for the summer tour... I dunno, I would still rate wdp ahead of him.

Oh sweet zombie jebus.
    If that happens, it really is the cherry on the turd-cake that is the DK school of selection.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

I'm by no means even educated in the ways of the 'Front Row', but at the moment I'd rate Hagan as probably the least strongest TH of both teams today. I think he's got bags of potential, and will do very well under the Leinster coaching team, but at the moment he's no where near this level. I'd be worried if Ross picked up an injury early on tbh...

Having said that, I do think in a couple of seasons we'll all be cheering for him to be in an Irish shirt...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,883 ✭✭✭shuffol

.ak wrote: »
    I'm by no means even educated in the ways of the 'Front Row', but at the moment I'd rate Hagan as probably the least strongest TH of both teams today. I think he's got bags of potential, and will do very well under the Leinster coaching team, but at the moment he's no where near this level. I'd be worried if Ross picked up an injury early on tbh...

Having said that, I do think in a couple of seasons we'll all be cheering for him to be in an Irish shirt...

If you were to judge Hagan on the only time he got a consistent run of games you'd have to say he's the best out of the young props, at the start of the season he was one of Leinsters top performers and many were baffled as to how he wasnt at least given a chance with Ireland. He's struggled a few times since then but I'd still be very hopeful that if he got a good run again he wouldnt let us down.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,612 ✭✭✭Lelantos

Leinster

Who said anything about Horan being picked because of personal rivalry? He's being picked because he's still a fine player, but more importantly, DuPreez is getting a rest ahead of the HC game. No point having a squad unless you utilise it

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

shuffol wrote: »
    If you were to judge Hagan on the only time he got a consistent run of games you'd have to say he's the best out of the young props, at the start of the season he was one of Leinsters top performers and many were baffled as to how he wasnt at least given a chance with Ireland. He's struggled a few times since then but I'd still be very hopeful that if he got a good run again he wouldnt let us down.

True - I suppose THs need a decent run to get the best out of them. He was very good in the pre-season games.. Anyway, good to see him get 'back on the horse' after last week..

Excited now, getting ready to get the bus down to Limerick.. it's like Christmas!

Anyone in that area, what's the weather like? Will it stay dry/warm?

• Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

Dylan Hartley
    The way I see it is Hagan is better than Archer, but neither are playing regularly and neither are playing well when they do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭totallegend

Leinster
    fitz wrote: »
    Oh sweet zombie jebus.
    If that happens, it really is the cherry on the turd-cake that is the DK school of selection.

That was my reaction too, but I wasn't quite so eloquent. Lovely turn of phrase there Fitz.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Leinster

Excuses in early. :p

Excuses in early. :p

Pah!

• Registered Users Posts: 854 ✭✭✭RoundBox11

Dylan Hartley
    .ak wrote: »

But last year when Hagan was the starting TH at connacht he held up the scrum well. Its just because he's not getting his chances to prove himself with Leinster

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,006 ✭✭✭donfers

Munster missing too many important players in this one, they'll work hard and make it competitive but won't win because too many key players are out

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 855 ✭✭✭joshrogan

Dylan Hartley
    Leinster 15 Munster 9

Advertisement