Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Dumb/Great Facebook Status {merge} [No Names]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,781 ✭✭✭KungPao

cazzer22 wrote: »
    Summer on Facebook is endless check ins at Dublin Airport, pictures of people going to gigs wearing ridiculous flower hairbands and posting photos of themselves in bikinis. Oh and as if we didn't already hear enough about Garth Brooks. GRR. What is it with this whole ''feeling happy'' ''feeling proud'' crap? Facebook is becoming too much.
    Why must these people post a photo or two every single day of their holiday!? If you must post them, just post them all at once and be done with it.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,293 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

Also raisin? wtf? i know its a grape but seriously why not just put grape? There are so many fruit options and you choose to put raisin in there?
    And no melons? At least that would have some reference to breast cancer

• Registered Users, Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,283 Mod ✭✭✭✭yerwanthere123

silly wrote: »
    That hilarious - and i know that town - there can only be one O riadas....

The one and only :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭Thataone

the ones that really need a slap are the ones who put up photos of themselves and selfies captioned with "ugh, so ugly"/"look awful today"/"h8 my face".

I know this one family who really are the absolute worst though. The daughters (all aged 17-22) regularly put up pictures of family nights out "ou on da town, gonna be messi xoxox" and tag their entire family. Their parents then comment the next day with things like "got locked ha"/"gr8 nite wid de girls"/"can't rememba half of ih". Then all their millions of cousins and aunts and uncles like all the photos. It is an absolute shambles!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭EoghanIRL

Thataone wrote: »
    the ones that really need a slap are the ones who put up photos of themselves and selfies captioned with "ugh, so ugly"/"look awful today"/"h8 my face".

I know this one family who really are the absolute worst though. The daughters (all aged 17-22) regularly put up pictures of family nights out "ou on da town, gonna be messi xoxox" and tag their entire family. Their parents then comment the next day with things like "got locked ha"/"gr8 nite wid de girls"/"can't rememba half of ih". Then all their millions of cousins and aunts and uncles like all the photos. It is an absolute shambles!
    On d sesh wit d fmly.

Stay classy Ireland .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,613 ✭✭✭milltown

cazzer22 wrote: »
    Summer on Facebook is endless check ins at Dublin Airport, pictures of people going to gigs wearing ridiculous flower hairbands and posting photos of themselves in bikinis. Oh and as if we didn't already hear enough about Garth Brooks. GRR. What is it with this whole ''feeling happy'' ''feeling proud'' crap? Facebook is becoming too much.

I need to find some bikini friends.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,114 ✭✭✭ivytwine

Qué?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭mickydoomsux

I hate that these people exist.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,342 ✭✭✭fatknacker

The best way to deal with them is by agreeing.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭rawn

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,109 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

rawn wrote: »

With the rouge bankers?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,113 ✭✭✭shruikan2553

Pherekydes wrote: »
    With the rouge bankers?

They bought a lot of make up with our money.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

They bought a lot of make up with our money.

No, no, no, that's not it at all. They were the ones that put the country in the red…

• Registered Users Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭dirkmeister

ok so mam and others now with an opinion hopefully you get to read this and ill post it here so i get my point across to everyone involved. firstly the post that started all this crap off was completely unrelated and perhaps if people didnt assume everything to be about them then i wouldnt be posting this. the one thing i dont like about fb is that certain people will always form the opinion that everything is about them. if people want to pass judgement and form opinions of us then fine but maybe everyone should gather all the facts first before passing judgement. so before everyone decides there is only one victim to this story there's not. so to save any further need to ask for other people needing to ask others remove comments, for people to put up posts that i am now going to assume are about us and for anyone having any need to talk about us im going to make this very simple. we'll do our thing and noone needs to be involved everyone else can do their thing. we'll stay out of everyones business and then there needs to be no talk from anyone. im going to go now very pissed but hopefully ive made my point and made it clear. i dont need replies just ears as to quote something i read earlier "silence is better than bull****"!!! god bless everyone

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

Ask a girl for her Facebook who i was talking to on a dating site got this reply

Ur creepy dude u dnt kno me a few day nd ya want my fb ffs. I dnt have a photo up because on a daily basis id have 30 messqges frm sad old creepy men nd I prefer it this way at least if the person reads my profile they kno what im like rather than what I look like ppl automatically think easy.jst because ive red hair.but far frm it ive respect for myself nd I.dnt live in a estate incase u were wondering anyway.seen as im a catfish u btr jog on lol bt you will never find a girl willing to put up with your ****

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,113 ✭✭✭shruikan2553

Ask a girl for her Facebook who i was talking to on a dating site got this reply

Ur creepy dude u dnt kno me a few day nd ya want my fb ffs. I dnt have a photo up because on a daily basis id have 30 messqges frm sad old creepy men nd I prefer it this way at least if the person reads my profile they kno what im like rather than what I look like ppl automatically think easy.jst because ive red hair.but far frm it ive respect for myself nd I.dnt live in a estate incase u were wondering anyway.seen as im a catfish u btr jog on lol bt you will never find a girl willing to put up with your ****

You're probably lucky. Is she as illiterate in all messages? Whats a catfish? In this context, the literal meaning doesnt make sense here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

You're probably lucky. Is she as illiterate in all messages? Whats a catfish? In this context, the literal meaning doesnt make sense here.

A catfish is someone who pretends to be someone they're not using Facebook or other social media to create false identities, particularly to pursue deceptive online romances.

To make it worse the same girl was studying nursing in college :O

• Site Banned Posts: 4 front to_the_back 88

Brodka: Hey, kid: one more thing. If you _ever_ set foot in this store
    again, you'll be spending Christmas in juvenile hall. Capisce?

[Bart looks blank]

Well, do you understand?

Bart: Everything except "capisce".

/sorry, wrong thread

• Registered Users Posts: 557 ✭✭✭IrishAlice

Jay it would have been a savage day to be heading to Garth Brooks :(

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad: Enough already!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,613 ✭✭✭milltown

ok so mam and others now with an opinion hopefully you get to read this and ill post it here so i get my point across to everyone involved. firstly the post that started all this crap off was completely unrelated and perhaps if people didnt assume everything to be about them then i wouldnt be posting this. the one thing i dont like about fb is that certain people will always form the opinion that everything is about them. if people want to pass judgement and form opinions of us then fine but maybe everyone should gather all the facts first before passing judgement. so before everyone decides there is only one victim to this story there's not. so to save any further need to ask for other people needing to ask others remove comments, for people to put up posts that i am now going to assume are about us and for anyone having any need to talk about us im going to make this very simple. we'll do our thing and noone needs to be involved everyone else can do their thing. we'll stay out of everyones business and then there needs to be no talk from anyone. im going to go now very pissed but hopefully ive made my point and made it clear. i dont need replies just ears as to quote something i read earlier "silence is better than bull****"!!! god bless everyone

Thank god for that! When?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭cazzer22

KungPao wrote: »
    Why must these people post a photo or two every single day of their holiday!? If you must post them, just post them all at once and be done with it.

But sure the pictures have to be collaborated with the check ins. FACEPALM.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 260 ✭✭bboybaboy19

You found the ugly as sin girl, well done..I think there's a prize for that!

• Registered Users, Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,283 Mod ✭✭✭✭yerwanthere123

They had to get a translator in at the benefits office today. Somebody came in speaking English :)

Share if you laughed!

Shared by an unemployed criminal who has never worked a day in his life.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭Taylor365

Shared by an unemployed criminal who has never worked a day in his life.
    Full time Daddy I'm sure....

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,573 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

Taylor365 wrote: »
    Full time Daddy I'm sure....

I would have said "Full time Mad Bastard".

More like "full time f***ing idiot"!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

Great first day snowboarding today, think I'm hooked already

What a cúnt

• Closed Accounts Posts: 260 ✭✭bboybaboy19

FunLover18 wrote: »
    What a cúnt

:confused:

You just sound jealous there!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭TheGoldenAges

And it's kinda ironic his name's FunLover :pac:

I guess he wants all the fun to himself.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭MonkstownHoop

Dear god

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

Of course I'm bloody jealous. What other purpose does that kind of status serve other than to make others jealous? This is the problem with social media; everyone thinks everyone else gives a fúck about their lives

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement