Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Calling all comedy heads, opinions please..

• 05-10-2007 3:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 23

Comments

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,434 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

The English Class.. It's dirt.. I watched it last week... Excruciating to watch :o

Yours is good.. sort of Naked Cameraesque

• Registered Users Posts: 23,973 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

xzanti wrote:
    The English Class.. It's dirt.. I watched it last week... Excruciating to watch :o

I thought the same and I only saw a bit of the trailer. They had a similar "comedy" in the UK in the late 70s called "Mind Your Language", based on the same unfunny bol*ox. It's about time that RTE realised that we only want foul language, gratuitous sex and violence.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

ejmaztec wrote:
    I thought the same and I only saw a bit of the trailer. They had a similar "comedy" in the UK in the late 70s called "Mind Your Language", based on the same unfunny bol*ox. It's about time that RTE realised that we only want foul language, gratuitous sex and violence.

Dont forget the guns,drugs and dwarves!

• Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

Where's the comedy?

That was dreadfully dull. A prime example of sh1te on youtube.

Gave it 1 star cause it's not possible to give it lower.

I was half expecting based on your description that something brilliant would happen in the end to tie it all togther, but no, there was nothing.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,434 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

The-Rigger wrote:
    Where's the comedy?

That was dreadfully dull. A prime example of sh1te on youtube.

Gave it 1 star cause it's not possible to give it lower.

I was half expecting based on your description that something brilliant would happen in the end to tie it all togther, but no, there was nothing.

Ah I got a giggle when I saw what he was looking at in the window.. :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,382 ✭✭✭✭AARRRGH

I like the clip, but it's sad rather than funny, no?

I agree that RTE are so ****ed when it comes to comedy.

PS You can see my apartment in your clip

• Registered Users Posts: 23,973 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

Degsy wrote:
    Dont forget the guns,drugs and dwarves!

I think the foul language comes from the dwarves when they're running away from some drug-crazed, gun-toting psychopath who wants to have gratuitous sex with them.:D

Casmo wrote:
    Greetings folks,
    Having witnessed the horror that was RTE's shameful new series 'the english class' ive felt obliged to share a sketch myself and a friend put together a while back with all you nice people... please leave any thoughts or opinions..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O-jkurmdHL8

Awesomely unfunny.A fat guy looking at dresses..wtf makes that comedy?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭Orange69

That was utter dirt...

Depressing fat cnut looks at dresses in shop window.. i don't see the comedy...

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,223 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

Re-Script?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭dodgyme

I didnt look at it. It was pure Sh&t

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

Casmo? Are you the head of RTE light entertainment? You're making shyte like the English Class look damn funny with terrible youtube posts! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭baztard

The music the good, the idea is ok, but the acting is ****e. Yer man doesn't have a face for comedy/acting, far too expressionless.

baztard wrote:
    The music the good, the idea is ok, but the acting is ****e. Yer man doesn't have a face for comedy/acting, far too expressionless.

Its like a promo for "prosperity"..fat people who cant act doing nothing.End of.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

Eh,

It's like an old Hamlet advert, but...no cigar and no old guy relaxing....just a handy bopper looking in a window...

odd?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,643 ✭✭✭magpie

How is that a sketch?

Maybe its a double bluff.It wasnt a sketch at all but the OP is somebody blackmailing the fat guy because he knows he's a tranny and set the whole sorry mess to music and stuck it up here pretending it was done as a sketch.My head hurts.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

Degsy wrote:
    Maybe its a double bluff.It wasnt a sketch at all but the OP is somebody blackmailing the fat guy because he knows he's a tranny and set the whole sorry mess to music and stuck it up here pretending it was done as a sketch.My head hurts.

your such a troll...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭zuutroy

uh...wtf?...someone owes me 2:01 and I want it now!

• Registered Users Posts: 30,005 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

deinterlacing would have made it (very slightly) better

music good

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,042 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

zuutroy wrote:
    uh...wtf?...someone owes me 2:01 and I want it now!

Don't forget the extra few seconds for clicking the link and closing the window and posting here about how you want that time back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭Orange69

baztard wrote:

The music style is a rip from trigger happy and the idea is as plain as a Bulgarian pinup...

You need absurdity for these kind of sketches to work...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭Exit

I'm not going to be cruel... but I genuinely didn't see any humour in that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Casmo wrote:
    please leave any thoughts or opinions..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O-jkurmdHL8

No humour, boring, just ****.

What I did find funny however is how you slated a show on tv for being unfunny then presented that bollocks.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

And now the OP deletes the content of his post?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,042 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

The-Rigger wrote:

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,358 ✭✭✭Dennis the Stone

Props for Avril 14th though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

The-Rigger wrote:

Some folks can't take criticism. You can read the original post here. Degsy quoted it.

Advertisement