Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Post here every time you get something new!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,533 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

EnterNow wrote: »
    Not just any bog...

Oh one in Offaly. That's a harsh punishment

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    Damn! That makes the bitter taste of defeat even harder to swallow.

Ah well, at least your history essay is done yeah? :p
    Oh one in Offaly. That's a harsh punishment

Now you have it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,276 ✭✭✭readyletsgo

Also who is fjpsheridan? 42 items bought on adverts since the 01/01/2012! Literally every retro peice worth getting has him offering asking. Same again this morning with something I wantred.

Very nice fella!

He bought half of my Gamecube games a few weeks back. Sticks with the price and always arrives to collect stuff on time.

He's good for Adverts must say.

Very nice fella!

He bought half of my Gamecube games a few weeks back. Sticks with the price and always arrives to collect stuff on time.

He's good for Adverts must say.

I wonder if he's a collector. I suppose for a reseller, you'd really have to be getting the games cheap in order to make money on them...not sure if adverts has that many bargains tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,276 ✭✭✭readyletsgo

He might be a collector as he did take a few cheap games off me, one or two rare ones too.

Anyway, totally recommend him if your dealing with him down the line.
    Will stop now cause I might sound like I am him or something lol.

• Advertisement

Ah well, at least your history essay is done yeah? :p

Now you have it.

I wish. First draft down for a tutorial today.
    Sense it made = none.
    He might be a collector as he did take a few cheap games off me, one or two rare ones too.

Anyway, totally recommend him if your dealing with him down the line.
    Will stop now cause I might sound like I am him or something lol.

You won't throw me off the trail so easily!

murder-she-wrote.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 9,196 ✭✭✭MrVestek

I do be rage'ing when I lose out to him

Ohhhhh I caught the subtle hint. Well done sir. ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭martineatworld

Achilles wrote: »
    Ohhhhh I caught the subtle hint. Well done sir. ;-)
    Took me a bit longer to get it... Damn it!

Edit for sake of my wondering:

Would they not have to declare themselves as a business to adverts? Is it not against the rules to resell for profit?

Took me a bit longer to get it... Damn it!

Edit for sake of my wondering:

Would they not have to declare themselves as a business to adverts? Is it not against the rules to resell for profit?

Not sure but how would anyone know? They could just open up a second account and they could just sell it elsewhere for bigger margins.
    You ain't going to make profit on adverts with the whole 'offer 10% of your asking', 'open to swaps?', 'check my ads' and all that

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭raven999

Did you get it. I was the other bidder. I had a final bid of 8 quid but I got distracted finishing of a history essay and forgot to submit it!

Also missed on Super Adventure Island.

Can I open up a 'Post here every time you miss out on a bargain!'

A Boxed pal Dreamcast, Turtles in Time boxed, Super Ghost n Goblins, Mario All Stars, Marioworld and Probotector for 150 sound like a good price?

Also who is fjpsheridan? 42 items bought on adverts since the 01/01/2012! Literally every retro peice worth getting has him offering asking. Same again this morning with something I wantred.

i put my psone and games on adverts this morning only up 5 mins he snapped them up, after a couple of hours he withdrew his offer

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭Dale Parish

Dunno but he has an eerily similar avatar to the other resellers on adverts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭lasersquad

raven999 wrote: »
    after a couple of hours he withdrew his offer

Done it many times before. But, it`s not against the rules, and he may or may not be a true collector (whatever that means)
    He`s only back now after a break, disappeared for a month or so...thought ran outta cash :)

For a small fish like me thou, with a budget of about a tenner-a-week, these mass buyers are a real pain thou. Especially when you know they`re gonna sell it on. I mean how many doggone copies of kingdom Hearts/Collosus/Yakuza do you need? Do they ever sleep, with a loud alarm when RSS on their smartphone buzzes?

Recently sort of gave up on adverts after watching some really insane bidding frenzies and a ran-in with one of the "collectors" who totally messed me about. Jaysis, you`d think that making 20E a week on some old PS2 games (that go for peanuts on Amazon anyway) is a matter of life & death :/

raven999 wrote: »
    i put my psone and games on adverts this morning only up 5 mins he snapped them up, after a couple of hours he withdrew his offer

Looks like he checked the prices elsewhere to see

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,526 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I find a lot of those people incredibly rude and drive up the prices of certain games.
    I was selling an MD a while ago and one guy was a right pain, I sold it to another individual who said he'd been trying to pick one up for a while but this other chap kept jumping in, buy the stuff up then breaking the purchase up and selling the items at higher prices.
    Now I know that this is free market stuff but I reckon it's still unfair as these guys are just profiteering at the expense of retro-curious gamers looking to break into the scene.
    That last sentence sounded a tad wrong, didn't it?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,772 ✭✭✭Jack burton

Yeah but resellers are a problem everywhere, anyone who watches the Game Chasers knows its one of their biggest problems

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,381 Mod ✭✭✭✭Optimus Prime

Got these today, gameboy with games and a gamegear with games.

The gameboy i got off ebay for 26 quid, took a chance on it as the ad said with games some boxed, with no details on the games at all.. the pic looked like there was a few hidden underneath so...

the gameboy is yellowed, but feck it i have a perfect gameboy already.

IMG_0161.jpg

Here are the games, great condition boxes.. star wars still has the plastic wrapper on it, opened at the top. two star wars for some reason..

IMG_0160.jpg

Best part.. still sealed Turtles game. Bonus!

IMG_0162.jpg

and heres the gamegear, doesnt work as usual , ill try fix the caps again, this will be my third attempt at doing it myself, so far none worked haha.. EnterNow done one for me already though which works..

IMG_0164.jpg

IMG_0165.jpg

Sorry about the big pics.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭lasersquad

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    I find a lot of those people incredibly rude and drive up the prices of certain games[...]profiteering

They`ll burn in videogame hell for this, playing Shaq Fu through RF - forever.

Other kind is chancers. "Hi guyz! this here Okami, a steal @ 35 Euro!!!111!!". I usually move along, but one got me with his 55 Euro FF7. Pointed out it`s bit over the top to which he retorted: "find this game new for less than 70 euro online including delivery. I'm a retro, ff expert, don't talk ****." Hilariously, there was one just like his on adverts for 30E. Posted the link - ad withdrawn.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,013 ✭✭✭SirLemonhead

A few xbox games

20120309_212051.jpg

keithgeo wrote: »
    Got these today, gameboy with games and a gamegear with games.

The gameboy i got off ebay for 26 quid, took a chance on it as the ad said with games some boxed, with no details on the games at all.. the pic looked like there was a few hidden underneath so...

the gameboy is yellowed, but feck it i have a perfect gameboy already.

IMG_0161.jpg

Here are the games, great condition boxes.. star wars still has the plastic wrapper on it, opened at the top. two star wars for some reason..

IMG_0160.jpg

Best part.. still sealed Turtles game. Bonus!

IMG_0162.jpg

and heres the gamegear, doesnt work as usual , ill try fix the caps again, this will be my third attempt at doing it myself, so far none worked haha.. EnterNow done one for me already though which works..

IMG_0164.jpg

IMG_0165.jpg

Sorry about the big pics.

You lucky sod!

In other news I got Sonic Mega Collection for €6.50 delivered today. Complete and all.
    Now if only the game had one word added and one word taken away I'd be super happy. Might of even posted a picture.

It's retro curious corner!

Hey kids can you guess the game Im thinking off?

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Does anyone else get a happy feeling when they see a still sealed game?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,772 ✭✭✭Jack burton

You lucky sod!

In other news I got Sonic Mega Collection for €6.50 delivered today. Complete and all.
    Now if only the game had one word added and one word taken away I'd be super happy. Might of even posted a picture.

It's retro curious corner!

Hey kids can you guess the game Im thinking off?

gems collection?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,795 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Does anyone else get a happy feeling when they see a still sealed game?

I just love tearing the wrapping of knowing that a super nerd weeps somewhere as I do it.

gems collection?

Sorry add two take away one.:o

And you have

Mmacbox.jpg

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,795 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Sorry add two take away one.:o

And you have

Mmacbox.jpg

Was really disappointed in that collection. It only has the PS1 version of Megaman 8 and not the saturn one with all the extras. Also it cuts out some of the endings from some of the games. However the biggest sin of all is that it reverses the shot and jump buttons which is just ridiculous! You haven't even the option to change them.

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Was really disappointed in that collection. It only has the PS1 version of Megaman 8 and not the saturn one with all the extras. Also it cuts out some of the endings from some of the games. However the biggest sin of all is that it reverses the shot and jump buttons which is just ridiculous! You haven't even the option to change them.

not having the option to change is a bit crap. it can ruin a game. still if it comes up for a price ill be having it.

I can't stop buying on ebay. Somebody help me :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭pdbhp

I can't stop buying on ebay. Somebody help me :(

I'm sure there are groups that could help an addict such as yourself:pac:

Game are having some sort of sale,
    Got GTA Chinatown Wars DS & Yoshi's Island DS earlier:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,067 ✭✭✭safetyboy

6970212963_2abe5970f8_z.jpg

also a silver gamecube and 2 controllers for €5

Wolfenstein for the 360, €3.99 for a sealed copy? Yoink. Tron Evolution for €4.99? Yoink. Prey for €2? Yoink. Red Faction Guerrilla for €3.99? Yoink.

Cheers GAME

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 588 ✭✭✭djsim101

Hey fellow retro geeks,

Daughter and I just returned from a car boot sale, got this lot for 10 quid, not bad at all me thinks :D

2qc4eb6.jpg

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement