Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

***Want to join a club/advertise a club? Post in this thread!***

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 467 ✭✭Alaska1

anbodhran wrote: »
    Alright lads,

From down the country, currently living in Dundrum and looking to get back into some football. I'm a washed up ex intercounty underage player who hasn't togged out in a couple of years due to working abroad!

Hoping to go back playing for the club at home first, a couple of junior games first before hopefully going back to the first team. I'm in the gym but am looking at the possibility of doing some training with a team in the area to get some sharpness back. I might even be looking to make a transfer here in 2013 depending on how my work situation pans out.

Can anyone recommend a club or contact in the area who might be interested in having me?

Just as an aside, I had a few pals from college who used to tog out for a certain Phoenix Park based outfit comprised of county lads in Dublin. They used to play for them under their names in Irish, and continue to play for their clubs at home. Does anyone know if this still goes on or has it been outlawed!

No Park Rangers disbanded last Winter, whatever players were left they joined up with Liffey Gaels in Inchicore.

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭razor425

Hi Lads,

I'm interested in joining a club round Dublin city centre dublin 2/4 area for training for a few months in preparation for Championship at home in Roscommon. All opinions appreciated. Thanks in advance.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭Gael85

Gael85 wrote: »
    St James Gaels 2012
    Club Name:St James Gaels
    Location:Iveagh Grounds,Crumlin Rd,Dublin12.Areas recruit from:Walkinstown,Drimnagh,Crumlin,Kimmage,Harold Cross,The Liberties
    Code (football): Gaelic Football
    Level played:Junior A,Junior C,Minor,U16,U14,U12,U10,U8
    Contact details:stjamesgaels.com or axelf82@hotmail.com
    Any other info: St James Gaels will commence pre season training for next season in January and we are inviting new members(playing and non playing) to join our club.We have 2 progressing adult men football teams, a Junior A team and Junior C team. We are based southside in Iveagh Grounds on Crumlin Road about 15-20 minutes from city centre. 27,56,56a,77a,151 buses pass the pitch,17,18,121,122,123,150 buses go near the pitch as well.
    We have excellent floodlight training facilities,astro pitch training pitch and floodlite pitch.

Both Junior teams had a decent season in 2011 and will be looking to progress a step further next year,first team just missed out on promotion and got to semi final of junior championship and second team lost out in promotion playoff game.

We will be starting training on 9th January and train every monday and wednesday nights in Iveagh Grounds Crumlin Road at 7.30pm,we have a mix of players from all over the country Kerry, Laois,Cork,Mayo,Galway,Clare,Donegal ,Sligo,Down and even a couple of Austrailians.We also enjoy and organise many social events/fundraisers throughout the year(including end of season trip) so all welcome to train or play.For more info please contact me @axelf82@hotmail.com

http://www.stjamesgaels.com/

our Junior C team are still looking for new players.players also welcome to train,usually train monday&wednesday@7:15

• Registered Users Posts: 6,321 ✭✭✭theoneeyedman

Hi,

St Barry's,Tarmonbarry,Co Roscommon are running a benefit night on this Friday for one of our players who is seriously ill in London at present. Jarlath Fallon was recently diagnosed with an acute aggressive brain tumour, and a fund has been established to help to defray medical and convelescent care costs. Please share via Facebook/Twitter and support in any way that you can.7Thanks

One eye
    http://www.facebook.com/#!/profile.php?id=100003975044666

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭I dont know

Sorry for the shameless plug this year again guys, but this is a great 7s tournament that I'm sure plenty on here might consider entering whether it be Leisure or Competitive;

Held in Clanabogan just outside Omagh. A great town to head to for a weekend of football and some parting these days

Armchair GAA supporters often argue over who was the greatest team, the greatest player or the greatest manager? A simple look at the roll of honour can often answer these trivial questions.
    For years one question went unanswered, who are the greatest footballing family? Drumagh Sarsfield’s GAC, in association with The Irish News, host ‘The Clash of the Clans’ tournament to find the answer.
    Running since 2010 this sevens tournament has seen families from all over Ulster and other leading lights of county football descend on Drumragh’s Sarsfield’s state-of-the-art clubrooms on the outskirts of Omagh to battle for glory.

Clash of the Clans is the only competition of its kind – a seven-a-side blitz tournament where teams are made up of players who are related to each other. Each team member must be related to at least one other person in the team. Accepted relationships include son, brother, parent, uncle, cousin while in-laws may also be included. Games are played on a shortened pitch which means Clash of the Clans will suit players of all abilities, from county stars to armchair supporters.

The Competitive competition was won in 2010 by Carrickmore’s Hughes clan (a family with many Tyrone county medals) beating Jody Gormley’s family in the final. Current champions the Bradleys triumphed in a competition that included Ballinderry’s McGuckin family in a
    final that went into extra time.

Clash of the Clans also caters for the more casual footballers amongst us with the Leisure competition. In 2010 the Keyes Clan enlisted the help of English cousin (and former Cardiff Blues Rugby player) Ian Dickson. Despite never playing GAA before he scored 1-4 in 3 group stages. 2010 was won by the McLaughlin family (managed by former Tyrone ladies captain Sinead) and in 2011 by local family, the Kellys made-up of cousins more use to lining out against each other for different clubs in different counties.

The competition makes use of the provincial footballing break for the Ulster final and will throw-in at 2pm on Saturday July 21st. This is a one-day blitz competition with lots of family events around the football with an awards ceremony and BBQ that night.
    For more information www.clashoftheclans.net
    or http://www.drumraghgfc.net/clashoftheclans/

Forget Club. Forget County. This is Family!

Flyer Front
    Flyer Back

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭breffni666

Club Name: East Cavan Gaels Hurling Club
    Location: Regional, centred in Bailieborough Co. Cavan, including Kingscourt, Killinkere, Knockbride and Shercock.
    Code (hurling/football/handball): Hurling and only hurling.
    Level played: U8, 10, 12 and 14.
    Contact details:086 1649280
    Any other info:Formed in 2009 to provide hurling activity for children from the above areas. Started with U8 now up to U14, going v well. New players always welcome. Facebook East Cavan Gaels Hurling Club, Twitter ECG Hurling.
    Training every Wednesday 7.30-8.30 St. Anne's Park, Bailieborough Shamrocks GFC.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 colmcille

colmcille wrote: »
    Club Name : Naomh Colmcille CLG
    (Off the Balheary Road opposite the old Motorola Building).
    Code : Football
    Level played : Junior
    Contact details : colmcillechair@hotmail.com, http://www.facebook.com/#!/colmcilles.bar
    Any other info : We're always looking for Players for our Adult Junior team (Training Tuesday & Thursday @ 7pm)
    Facilities : Our Club House has a large hall, full changing facilities & has recently been extended to include new conference rooms, we have a Floodlit training area beside our Pitch.

We have full bar facilities which are open every night & are available to hire for functions, our hall & conference rooms are also available to hire for use by different groups in our local community. We currently hire out to groups ranging from Irish Dance classes to Bird shows.......

CILLES2.jpg

NaomhColmcillesSordBaileAthaCliath.png

We're also looking for help to develop our Juvenile section so anyone willing to help out with ideas or willing to give up there time to help out with training kids would be greatly appreciated, contact details above.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 JSR_85

Hi lads,
    I'm thinking on join a GAA team, I have never played before but soccer during many years, and now I would like to try.
    I'm based close to Phoenix Park, I already have writed to the clubs around my home in this thread, but if anyone knows some club interested in new non-experienced players would be nice to know.

• Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭The man in red and black

If you come out to Bushy Park in Terenure Réalt Dearg hurling club are always looking for new players. As a club we're only in our third year but have two adult hurling teams in the Junior divisions. If you'd like to know more just click on www.realtdearg.ie Alternatively email realtdearg.hurlingclub@gmail.com and ask for training times to come down and meet the lads/take part some evening. All you need is a hurl and a helmet.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 cunnine3

I am involved with St Brendans in Grangegorman. It is in Dublin 7. Not too far from the middle of town and close to Smithfield and Phibsboro. We have 2 Gaelic Football Teams, 1 Hurling team and are in the process of setting up a Ladies Gaelic Football team. We train twice a week and accommodate players who just want to train with the club. Our club is made up of members from near and far. As we have no underage teams we are always happy to see new faces.
    If you are interested my number is 0861731984.
    Eugene

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭Rushy Fields

Can one be a full member of two GAA Clubs? Just a general member, nothing to do with being a player.
    Can anyone advise? Thanks.

If you're only talking about being an adult non-playing member then I think you're allowed be a member of more than one club. It has to be strictly non-playing though or you'd need a transfer. Like essentially you're a social member so why shouldn't you join more than one social club...

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭Rushy Fields

If you're only talking about being an adult non-playing member then I think you're allowed be a member of more than one club. It has to be strictly non-playing though or you'd need a transfer. Like essentially you're a social member so why shouldn't you join more than one social club...

Thanks man in red and black.
    My understanding if this is the case being a full member entitles you to vote at meetings, so does this mean that one can vote in two or more clubs on issues?

Actually I hadn't thought of the voting part. That makes it a bit more complicated...technically then you could get 1000 people to join every club in a county and force all the clubs to vote the same way on issues...I know that's not what you intend but there may be a rule in place to stop this being allowed. I'll have to admit defeat and hope someone with more detailed knowledge of GAA rules can advise you!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭cruais

Hi,

Im looking to join a club on the north side of Dublin, to play ladies football. I'm 27 and have never played before but I have a huge interest.

Would love to get fit again and hopefully get a club to join, but I feel the no experience part will stop me. Any advice?

Thanks!

Réalt Dearg hurling club are looking for players to get involved in 2013. We have two adult teams in Junior Cup, League and Championships and will need more players than ever next year to allow us to maintain two strong panels in all competitions. We are based in Terenure and train mostly in Bushy Park with occasional sessions in Thomas Davis pitches in Tallaght when the evenings are short. We have players of all abilities right from total beginners to very strong hurlers so don't be afraid to come along. If you're interested then please email realtdearg.hurlingclub@gmail.com or visit www.realtdearg.ie and text/call one of the lads on the committee.

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭westmidlands

Hi all, I live out in County Galway but working in Galway City now, would love to join up a football club to get in to playing a bit of sport. I would be essentially a total beginner, is there any welcoming clubs in Galway City for a newbie like me that would have a Junior C team? Also would I be allowed to join a club in the city even though I actually live out in the county, is there any rules about that? Thanks a million for any suggestions/answers!

• Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭ConTheCat

Just wondering about a good camogie club around Drumcondra?

I think Na Fianna are around that area. http://www.clgnafianna.ie/viewpage.aspx?pageid=CAM

Edit:
    Actually whitehall colmcilles might be closer though. http://www.sportsmanager.ie/cake/gaa2/whitehall/contentPage/30147/club_contact_lists

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭PaurGasm

I am interested in joining a Gaelic Football club in Dublin. I am a student living in Summerhill beside Croke Park.

Im from Donegal and am an average player at best. I stopped playing at minor level. I'm 21 now and the fitness is well down, but the passion still burns!!

Which club would be the closest to join?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭HarrisonLennon

I'm a 29yr old chap in south Dublin, I'd love to play some football. Barely any exp, schooldays at 14. I'd like to play with some beginners or even an old team 40+ just to get a feel at a slow easy pace.

Any suggestions

• Registered Users Posts: 1 NewBluePaddy

Played Premier Intermediate in Cork for last number of years and considering transferring this year. Looking to play Senior/Senior B Hurling in 2013. Living in D4/6 area so looking for clubs near there. Thanks in advance

• Registered Users Posts: 612 ✭✭✭Qwerty Dub

Played Premier Intermediate in Cork for last number of years and considering transferring this year. Looking to play Senior/Senior B Hurling in 2013. Living in D4/6 area so looking for clubs near there. Thanks in advance

What about Kevins hurling club? They are based in Dolphins Barn just off the Canal. They would have a few lads from the country playing with them. They are Div. 3 league and Senior B Championship. The only unbeaten Adult Hurling team in their respective league and championship in Dublin this year. They play Championship Q.final at home on Saturday v Naomh Barrog at 6pm if you fancied a look.

If you PM me I could get you a number to train and see what you think.

I'm a 29yr old chap in south Dublin, I'd love to play some football. Barely any exp, schooldays at 14. I'd like to play with some beginners or even an old team 40+ just to get a feel at a slow easy pace.

Any suggestions

Where abouts in South Dublin?

PaurGasm wrote: »
    I am interested in joining a Gaelic Football club in Dublin. I am a student living in Summerhill beside Croke Park.

Im from Donegal and am an average player at best. I stopped playing at minor level. I'm 21 now and the fitness is well down, but the passion still burns!!

Which club would be the closest to join?

Your closest club would be St. Josephs O'Connell Boys. They play in Fairview Park, about 15mins walk from Summerhill. Not sure if they have any country boys playing. They would be very much 'Dublin' lads. Junior Club.

Next would be Na Fianna, its a little bit past Quinns on the far side of Croke Park from you. Are you driving? Na Fianna probably suit you better. Can cater for players of all ages and standards there and would have plenty of country folk.

Scoil Ui Chonail play in Clontarf, just out by the sea and wouldn't be a million miles from you. Short bus journey from North Strand which is 3mins walk from Summerhill.

PM me if you want a number to ring in Scoil or Na Fianna. Don't know anyone with Joseph O'Connell Boys.

ConTheCat wrote: »
    Just wondering about a good camogie club around Drumcondra?

Na Fianna are your closest. Much closer than Whitehall.

They have 3 Camogie Teams (Senior, Intermediate & Junior) so they could defo cater for your level. Great facilities and clubhouse too.

PM me if you want a contact number.

cruais wrote: »
    Hi,

Im looking to join a club on the north side of Dublin, to play ladies football. I'm 27 and have never played before but I have a huge interest.

Would love to get fit again and hopefully get a club to join, but I feel the no experience part will stop me. Any advice?

Thanks!

Can you be a bit more specific re location and I will try suggest somewhere based on where you live and beginner level.

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭HarrisonLennon

Qwerty Dub wrote: »

Any suggestions

Where abouts in South Dublin?

Will travel in the tallaght/terenure/rathmines areas.

Will travel in the tallaght/terenure/rathmines areas.

If it is handy enough for you I would probably try Ballyboden St. Endas. They are based 2mins from the Spawell there on the N81 (Map Below).

They would have plenty of people joining up who are not from the surrounding area and have a lot of teams in both codes that could cater for people of all levels.

They have great facilities including a full size floodlit all weather pitch to avoid the mucky training in January.

They have 3 Junior teams, an intermediate team and a senior team. A team in the highest and lowest leagues with 3 in between, so you would easily find a suitable level.

Drop them an email at info@bodengaa.ie and ask for a contact for a team. Or if you are on Twitter you will get them here: http://twitter.com/Bodengaa

Very late in the year to be joining, but no harm going out for a look ahead of pre season in January.

Hope that helps. But to be honest you have loads of options in that general area.

boden.png

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7 wanderers ballyboden

Club Name: Ballyboden Wanderers Location: South Dublin 14/16/24 Code (hurling/football/handball): Football Level played: Junior Mens Div5 and Div 10 and Ladies team
    Contact details: mthompson@jamestown.net

Ballyboden Wanderers is looking for new players for the 2013 season. We are training once a week on Thursdays at 7.30 up until christmas and then we will go back to twice a week. Our clubhouse is located on Mount Venus Road. We invite anyone interested in joining to contact Mark at mthompson@jamestown.net.

Advertisement