Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Ros na Run

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,724 ✭✭✭Vanbis

My neighbour was in this program for a while, not sure who he played but i think he was killed off. He is in his mid thirties.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,057 ✭✭✭julyjane

Vanbis wrote: »
    he was killed off.

That doesn't really narrow it down :D

There was a man, Gerry, who was killed off. He raped the doctor, Sinead, and fathered her son. AFAIR she killed him

Then last year Donnacha killed himself. Eoin (Peadar and Máire's son) died in a fire. Jim O'Dowd was killed by Tina but Donnacha was on trial for his murder. Daniel McLoughlin was also killed by Tina but she made it look like suicide.

Beidh sé are ais ar TG4 ar an 13 Meán Fómhair :D

Promo anseo:
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Ros-na-R%C3%BAn/127991823929837

• Registered Users Posts: 1,871 ✭✭✭Karen23

julyjane wrote: »
    That doesn't really narrow it down :D

There was a man, Gerry, who was killed off. He raped the doctor, Sinead, and fathered her son. AFAIR she killed him

Then last year Donnacha killed himself. Eoin (Peadar and Máire's son) died in a fire. Jim O'Dowd was killed by Tina but Donnacha was on trial for his murder. Daniel McLoughlin was also killed by Tina but she made it look like suicide.

His name was Liam

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭ms.c

there's an ollchlar on tonight? is this the start of the season or is it part of last season???

also, looking at the website it seems they are showing season 2 again, they did season one last summer - anyone know anything about this? how long ago it started etc?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭InchicoreDude

Beidh sé are ais ar TG4 ar an 13 Meán Fómhair

Promo anseo:
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Ros-n...27991823929837

Thats one hell of a good promo/trailer. Take a bow TG4/Ros na Run

Not a bad first episode, I read something somewhere about
    gunshots
    , maybe that'll be on Thursday.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Talk about coming back with a bang... I found the scenes with Breandán incredibly unsettling - fair play to JD Kelleher for his portrayal (couldn't possibly be an easy role to play)...

I think it's safe to say that at least one character isn't going to make it through the next episode alive...
    I think either Breandán, Gráinne, Caitríona, Cathal, Réaltín, Mícheal or Tadhg will be leaving Ros na Rún in a body bag... Or they all could be red herrings and it could be someone else entirely... But if they want to kick off with the same kind of impact as they did last year, someone's gonna have to go...

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,475 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

Yeah, Breandán does make your skin creep alright, esp. the way he says "sweeeeettiiiieeessss" Great actor. Still love Tadhg though...:p

• Registered Users Posts: 620 ✭✭✭shoes34

julyjane wrote: »
    They did! Biddy drives under a tractor and then they come back in the Autumn putting flowers on Dinnys grave :confused:

AFAIR Joe Lynch died unexpectedly during the summer and they had to kill off Dinny in a hurry

I think Joe Lynch died after Glenroe finished, he may not have appeared in the final series but I don't think he had died. ~

But back to RnR wow its looking like a great series ahead.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭unitedrover

Talk about coming back with a bang... I found the scenes with Breandán incredibly unsettling - fair play to JD Kelleher for his portrayal (couldn't possibly be an easy role to play)...

I think it's safe to say that at least one character isn't going to make it through the next episode alive...
    I think either Breandán, Gráinne, Caitríona, Cathal, Réaltín, Mícheal or Tadhg will be leaving Ros na Rún in a body bag... Or they all could be red herrings and it could be someone else entirely... But if they want to kick off with the same kind of impact as they did last year, someone's gonna have to go...

Could be Grainne....looked like Breandan had the intention of returning to that house again........

But I hope its Breandan that goes....baddies always get their comeuppance in the end...

Could be Grainne....looked like Breandan had the intention of returning to that house again........

But I hope its Breandan that goes....baddies always get their comeuppance in the end...

I'd say it is. If it was Home and Away now he would disappear into the bush in a puff of smoke only to return when you least expect him but Irish soaps are usually good at cleaning up loose ends and killing people off properly, especially RnaR :D

Without question, this has to be one of the best storylines ever in soapland [not that I have seen a whole lot]. But this story has kept me enthralled since it started months ago. Like others here, I found the scenes somewhat disturbing; I think they may have issued a warning about that beforehand (It was in Irish and I didnt understand!). You got to admire TG4 for the way they did the scenes in the woods. I was feeling uncomfortable and people should be uncomfortable watching such scenes.

Interesting to see that they made Tadhg the one to suss out Grainne's worries. He is obviously going to have a key part to play in the next episode. Caitriona hearing them on the street was a nice touch too.

But this is real edge of the seat stuff; as good as any movie.

Well, he has to get his passport....
    Not a bad first episode, I read something somewhere about Spoiler

Well the promo shows Micheal with a gun....

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

This may have been mention already new web teen drama from Ros Na Run

Seo é strath nuá idirline Na Ruin http://www.naruin.ie/

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,475 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

will be interesting to see how it pans out tonight.

This is better than anything Fair City put on

Did he shoot himself in the end?

Wow, what a brilliant end to the story! I gotta commend Ros na Run on this; I never saw that end coming....

Did he shoot himself in the end?

Yeah, wasnt it obvious?

Yeah, wasnt it obvious?
    Not really...was just wondering if he had shot Tadhg

• Advertisement

Not really...was just wondering if he had shot Tadhg

Based on their grimacing reactions, twas himself he shot. You couldnt kill off a character like Tadgh and leave Breandan still in the soap:eek:

Great episode. Full of drama til the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭branie

I wonder how Grainne will react

I was sure the little girl was gonna drown and Brendán done for murder or something.... I really didnt see that end coming at all, right up to the last second. There could actually be scope for them to do something with the girl being affected by witnessing such an act; would be a new departure for a soap I think.

This was a really fantastic storyline; full of twists that were not unrealistic (Although one does wonder how the guards were not alerted to Caitriona in hospital). I am not a fan of soaps as they are usually drivel. But this story stands up strongly against any TV series I have watched.

The guy who played Brendán was excellent; and Grainne was superb as well. The only complaint I have is Micheal shouting Realtin every 2 seconds was the most irritating noise I ever heard! But I guess that is accurate too.

Tina threatening Tadhg's family was quite unnerving too!

Thought the nurse who asked Caitriona was she pregnant wasnt great. Put a small bit of a downer on the intensity of the episode.

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭Stargazer7

Thought the nurse who asked Caitriona was she pregnant wasnt great. Put a small bit of a downer on the intensity of the episode.

I wonder if
    Catriona would be preggers with Brendan's leanbh?
    :eek:

Brilliant storyline...Macdara O Flatharta (Tadhg) is a bloody cracking actor. I love how he got into Micheal's head....the man has great depth

Tadhg is by far the best character in the show.

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭Stargazer7

Tadhg is by far the best character in the show.

He usually adds so much humour, yet when he's playing a threatening role, he's seriously sinister. But he also redeems himself quite often, in the most unlikely of ways. I thought the scenes with him and Micheal last season in the graveyard, when Micheal was poking at him about how he was treated as a child were absolutely wonderful acting. It was like watching the intensity of a play on a tv screen.

Can you tell I love Ros na Run!:D

Stargazer7 wrote: »
    He usually adds so much humour, yet when he's playing a threatening role, he's seriously sinister. But he also redeems himself quite often, in the most unlikely of ways. I thought the scenes with him and Micheal last season in the graveyard, when Micheal was poking at him about how he was treated as a child were absolutely wonderful acting. It was like watching the intensity of a play on a tv screen.

Can you tell I love Ros na Run!:D

You clearly do Stargazer:D. Ive only really gotten into the show on and off for the past year. The whole character of Tadhg is brilliant, be it when hes deliberately out to hurt people (If I recall he was behind the affair tape) and also in those serious scenes like tonight. Him alone is enough to get me watching.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,626 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

The acting in Ros na Run is superb.

• Advertisement

Tá Catriona ag súil
    :eek:
    She finds out on Tuesday night.

What did Tina say to threaten Tadhg's family? I missed that bit (children making noise :mad:)

Advertisement