Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

ALIVE Newspaper - Your opinion of it?

124»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,232 ✭✭✭Brian Shanahan

Issue 8. Only a small peice along the right side.

I dived straight into the "god saved me from the airplane crash piece" in that issue, ignoring anything else. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,297 ✭✭✭freyners

I wonder does that 4you crap have anything to do with a very well known family of nutters evangelicals in Mayo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

'Shut up, yez liberal whingers yez'

"A HIGH-profile Irish Dominican has hit out at the liberal Association of Catholic Priests accusing it of contributing to the vocations problem.

Fr Brian McKevitt, editor of the conservative 'Alive' newspaper, described the priests' association as "a bunch of ageing, disillusioned priests who seem to be always whingeing about what they see as the failings of the Church".Fr McKevitt was responding to the latest appeal from the Association of Catholic Priests (ACP) to Irish bishops to add their voice to the "growing chorus now accepting the need for a married as well as a celibate priesthood" in the Catholic Church. "

http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/highprofile-cleric-hits-out-at-whingeing-priests-30500153.html#sthash.vFZdFbcK.dpuf

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 24,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭robindch

Nodin wrote: »
    Fr Brian McKevitt, editor of the conservative 'Alive' newspaper, described the priests' association as "a bunch of ageing, disillusioned priests who seem to be always whingeing about what they see as the failings of the Church".
    As opposed to Mr McKevitt who's an ageing, disillusioned priest who seems to be always whingeing on about what he sees as the failings of other people.

Irony fail.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭Corkfeen

Brian McKevitt on The Last Word. He discusses the war on cohabitation at around 12 minute mark. Rambles on about gay marriage too.... He reminds me of Fr Stone in Father ted.
    http://www.todayfm.com/player/podcasts/The_Last_Word_with_Matt_Cooper/The_Last_Word_with_Matt_Cooper/18630/0/fr_brian_mckevitt

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,836 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

I wonder how long did it take for Matt to lose the will to live.

Advertisement