Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

What made you smile/frown/mad/sad/cry today-thread for all your emotional needs! V5

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭kate.m

Got home at 1. Make lunch and was all ready to try work again.

Then one of my dads friends came over looking for him. I explained he wouldn't be back for 3ish hours.
    He said he'd wait O.o

I don't know him all that well so I'm not sure if I should leave him alone in the kitchen.....

What I want to say to him: I've made you tea twice already. We're out of biscuits and I've stuff to learn. There's the kettle.--->

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 16,186 ✭✭✭✭Maple

Honey-ec wrote: »
    So, heading to Bordeaux next week for the Heineken cup semi final. Trip (not even an overnight) was costing €375, match ticket to go on top of that. Really hadn't got the money, but no way was I missing it. Sis rings me this morning to say the travel agent gave her a "small" discount. How much, sez I. Whole trip is now costing €262, including my match ticket - huzzah!

FFS!
    :D I might be tempting fate but I've got my HC final flights and tickets booked since January.

We had such a mad dash last year with ferries/trains that we booked ahead this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭sillymoo

kate.m wrote: »
    Got home at 1. Make lunch and was all ready to try work again.

Then one of my dads friends came over looking for him. I explained he wouldn't be back for 3ish hours.
    He said he'd wait O.o

I don't know him all that well so I'm not sure if I should leave him alone in the kitchen.....

What I want to say to him: I've made you tea twice already. We're out of biscuits and I've stuff to learn. There's the kettle.--->
    He is going to wait for 3 hours? I'd tell him that he has to leave as your going out but feel free to call back later when your dad is sure to be home.

And that's the polite way I'd say it!

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Maple wrote: »
    :D I might be tempting fate but I've got my HC final flights and tickets booked since January.

Now Leinster just need to do the business :)

Now Leinster just need to do the business :)
    They bloody better. We had Paris booked year before last and they didn't get through so we held off until last minute to book Cardiff and it was an awful scramble. Great craic tho but 24 hour round trip was exhausting.

Christ I hope they do it again this year. :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Preferably not in as stressful a manner as last year! :eek:

A certain person texted me at half time last year with the message "Oh when the saints go marching in..." - he hasn't lived that down :p

• Registered Users Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

Howdy loungers, how you're all well. Also, hello V5! I just decided to start posting at little bit again. :)

I've started walking everyday for about thirty minutes and I'm feeling good. Yesterday I went to talk to someone in the Laois SPCA charity shop about doing some volunteering and I have a shift in the shop on Friday morning. I'm nervous and excited at the same time. :D

I'm also just about to apply for a job advertised in this week's paper. It's as a kennel assistant. Says specifically on the ad that it would suit a veterinary nurse so fingers crossed. :D

Our bathroom is currently a disaster area because we're doing it up. It has no door, sink or bath at the moment. We do have a toilet though thankfully. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 504 ✭✭✭LostGirly

Jane_LS_88 wrote: »
    Howdy loungers, how you're all well. Also, hello V5! I just decided to start posting at little bit again. :)

I've started walking everyday for about thirty minutes and I'm feeling good. Yesterday I went to talk to someone in the Laois SPCA charity shop about doing some volunteering and I have a shift in the shop on Friday morning. I'm nervous and excited at the same time. :D

I'm also just about to apply for a job advertised in this week's paper. It's as a kennel assistant. Says specifically on the ad that it would suit a veterinary nurse so fingers crossed. :D

Our bathroom is currently a disaster area because we're doing it up. It has no door, sink or bath at the moment. We do have a toilet though thankfully. :rolleyes:

That's the shot, good on you and welcome back :)

• Registered Users Posts: 638 ✭✭✭ellieh1

Found twenty euros, that I had forgotten about, in my coat pocket this morning :D

Mr.Boyfriend phoned to say he wont be able to make it over this evening :(

Preferably not in as stressful a manner as last year! :eek:

A certain person texted me at half time last year with the message "Oh when the saints go marching in..." - he hasn't lived that down :p
    Oh stop! I'll never forget it. We were in the depths of despair sitting in the stadium at half time.

And sure then they came out all guns blazing. Show stopping display of rugby, it was phenomenal.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

ellieh1 wrote: »
    Found twenty euros, that I had forgotten about, in my coat pocket this morning :D

This + new bed covers = best feeling ever.:D

yes:
    That's absolutely fantastic progress to have made in a week. Well done!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,555 ✭✭✭Sar_Bear

That's great! Best of luck with the volunteering & the job application!

And welcome back :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

Never been good at studying, at school all I had to do was turn up and I'd be able to produce and A or B in exams so I've never been much good at studying because I never had to do it. From 6th year onwards to most courses I've done I've been fooked 'cos I just can't study. :(

This times a million, I'm convinced it's why I dropped out of college the first time. I'm not acting like a person with an exam in the morning. Instead of studying I'm arguing about art on the internet. This may be a long night.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Ilyana

Dolorous wrote: »
    This times a million, I'm convinced it's why I dropped out of college the first time. I'm not acting like a person with an exam in the morning. Instead of studying I'm arguing about art on the internet. This may be a long night.

I was a brilliant student at school, I always did my work and I got a good LC to show for it. When I went to college the first time I worked hard but hated it. Now that I like what I'm doing, I've reeeeaalllly let things slide :o

+1 on the internet distraction. It's the worse thing ever when you actually need the internet to study as well. Did someone here mention something that blocks certain websites before?

Oh, welcome back Jane!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,462 ✭✭✭Orla K

EmilyO wrote: »
    +1 on the internet distraction. It's the worse thing ever when you actually need the internet to study as well. Did someone here mention something that blocks certain websites before?

Oh, welcome back Jane!!

I know you can get something that will block certain cites on crome, I had it but just used to open firefox instead

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

I think I'm just gonna have to exercise good old-fashioned willpower... later loungers!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭LenaClaire

Ugh, I am the pawn in some inter-office politics and it is pissing me off :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭WesternNight

A toilet but no door... no no no no! :eek: :o

Welcome back, Jane. Sounds like things are on the up! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 713 ✭✭✭Cherry Blossom Girl

[

Oh, welcome back Jane!!

Cold Turkey blocks websites for however long you want.. Except it has some bug which blocks things forever unless you disable it. It has resulted in boards and another site being permanently blocked on my laptop even though I disabled and uninstalled it.. I contacted the creator and he's refusing to take responsibility.

So use with caution!

(anyone have any advice about how to unblock them? I have to use boards on my iPod whenever I'm at home :( )

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭daenerysstormborn3

Making stuffed peppers for dinner for the first time. Mouth watering Homer-style over the smells in the kitchen...

Bottom lip has swelled out a bit because of my eczema :(

Everytime that William Hill ad comes on the tv I start dancing around the kitchen, much to Henry's amusement lol!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

Cold Turkey blocks websites for however long you want.. Except it has some bug which blocks things forever unless you disable it. It has resulted in boards and another site being permanently blocked on my laptop even though I disabled and uninstalled it.. I contacted the creator and he's refusing to take responsibility.

So use with caution!

(anyone have any advice about how to unblock them? I have to use boards on my iPod whenever I'm at home :( )

Have you tried re-installing the browser itself?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Been feeling really bleh lately, dunno why.

Alas, I've had another clear bronchoscopy and my lung capacity is almost double what it was post surgery in November.

I'm celebrating with a dominos pizza and their triple choc cookies(since when do they do triple choc btw?)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭tatabubbly

Would love some cookies atm... but i ain't walking to the shop or breaking my €20 note!!

• Registered Users Posts: 638 ✭✭✭ellieh1

Change of plan - Mr. Boyfriend will be here in about an hour or so :D

• Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

Only one more day of classes. Scary, but exciting.

I had the most delicious lunch out today and now I have ice cream. Tomorrow I am DEFINITELY gonna start studying!

• Registered Users Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

LostGirly wrote: »
    That's the shot, good on you and welcome back :)
    That's absolutely fantastic progress to have made in a week. Well done!
    Sar_Bear wrote: »
    That's great! Best of luck with the volunteering & the job application!

And welcome back :)
    Oh, welcome back Jane!!
    A toilet but no door... no no no no! :eek: :o

Welcome back, Jane. Sounds like things are on the up! :)

Thanks so much guys! :)

Yeah we have a toilet with no door, not the ideal situation. We currently have a curtain hanging over the doorway. :rolleyes: Ah well, it should be done in about a week so things won't be like this for too long. :)

Really looking forward to Friday. I've just written a cover letter for the job. There was only a PO Box with it so I'm trying to find the address of the newspaper at the moment. Going to post it as soon as I can. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

My mouth is bloody killing me, haven't been able to eat properly in days, so I starve for hours, then eat a cupcake, biscuit, other generally bad things, then starve for another few hours. I spent 30 minutes just now eating bacon, turnip, carrot and spuds, slowly carefully and painfully, but hopefully it'll keep me fed and away from sweet things for the night :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,462 ✭✭✭Orla K

I'm far too cold and tired, going to try cook something but my concintration is so low I don't know what it's going to turn out like.

Fuck you gluten I know your behind this!

So going to bed early, really want to go now but really should eat something and not go to bed when it's still sunny out

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭LenaClaire

Acoshla wrote: »
    My mouth is bloody killing me, haven't been able to eat properly in days, so I starve for hours, then eat a cupcake, biscuit, other generally bad things, then starve for another few hours. I spent 30 minutes just now eating bacon, turnip, carrot and spuds, slowly carefully and painfully, but hopefully it'll keep me fed and away from sweet things for the night :(

I think I missed it, but what happened to your mouth?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement