Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

What made you smile/frown/mad/sad/cry today-thread for all your emotional needs! V5

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,676 ✭✭✭✭herisson

who knew that my little world history fetish would help me with a religion exam??!!

i has a break through...........SUCCESS!!!! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

Guys, I don't want to alarm ye, but I think I'm broken. I keep almost crying at things that aren't particularly sad, send help!! And no I'm not duffed before anyone says it! :pac:

ALSO, something weird is going on here. A fridge magnet of a fisherman showed up on our fridge last night, we don't own it, nobody has been in our house only friends who said it's not theirs, they've never seen it before either. It's really creepy...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭WesternNight

Lucyfur wrote: »
    Nice one. When my lad was 7, he wanted to be a hammerhead shark or a speed bump (?????) I sh1t you not.

Could you imagine?

I like your kid. Thinks outside the box ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

Albection wrote: »
    I meant the karyotype for women. Double X chromosomes. :D

I like you. :)
    My 7 year old daughter has decided she is going to be zoologist. She has also decided that she will be going to America to study as she wants to play basketball in a good college.

Jaysis.

Jeepers.. Kids are so advanced now. When I was 7 I wanted to be a hairdresser and one of my friends wanted to be a nun. :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 32,513 ✭✭✭✭Lucyfur

I like your kid. Thinks outside the box ;)

Want him for a long weekend?

• Advertisement
  • Administrators Posts: 53,335 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

This post has been deleted.

Jane_LS_88 wrote: »

Jeepers.. Kids are so advanced now. When I was 7 I wanted to be a hairdresser and one of my friends wanted to be a nun. :eek:

When I worked in the creche, one of the little boys wanted to marry his best male friend and become a priest. All on the one day.

awec wrote: »
    I wanted to be a bin man. :o

There's great money in rubbish

• Closed Accounts Posts: 688 ✭✭✭Albection

I wanted to be a garda. :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,130 ✭✭✭✭Kiera

Acoshla wrote: »
    Guys, I don't want to alarm ye, but I think I'm broken. I keep almost crying at things that aren't particularly sad, send help!! And no I'm not duffed before anyone says it! :pac:

ALSO, something weird is going on here. A fridge magnet of a fisherman showed up on our fridge last night, we don't own it, nobody has been in our house only friends who said it's not theirs, they've never seen it before either. It's really creepy...
    We're all a bit cracked in here so no need to worry about being broken.

As for the magnet? That is pretty creepy. Feck it out before more fishy things turn up.

• Advertisement

I wanted to be a bin man. :o
    Was your old man a dust man?

I love the Belfast accent....

I had some....erm....encounters with a lovely chap from Belfast and I used to get very drunk and make him say the word ''situation'' over and over again:D

Kiera wrote: »
    Was your old man a dust man?
    Nope!

I just thought it'd be class craic driving a bin lorry. :o
    *wush*

:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

I decided I'd make a simple chicken curry for dinner tonight as I have all the ingredients, all was grand, mixed up whatever spices I need, defrosted the chicken, chopped the vegs etc.

Then I went looking for one more spice that I needed, curry powder, and could not find it anywhere. I bought it just before Christmas so it wasn't out of date and no one else would have used it.

I cannot for the life of me understand where it has gone to.

I can only come up with two possible explanations

Either my mother or granny gave it to one of my cousins/aunties or else it was thrown out. I definitely didn't use it all either.

Oh dear. :o

Explain! :pac:

I was gonna be rude but I'll behave:D

Out with it!

Noes. I r supposed to be lady:D

• Advertisement

I love the Belfast accent....

I had some....erm....encounters with a lovely chap from Belfast and I used to get very drunk and make him say the word ''situation'' over and over again:D

We hardly ever say situation! The only time I ever say it is when people (usually women!) ask me to say it!

Der le der le fecking der le sityashun. :rolleyes: :pac:

But yes, our accent is hawt. :P
    *wush*

:p

Oh dear. :o

Explain! :pac:
    It's a very old song. Never mind, I'm wasted on you :p

Out with it!

Noes. I r supposed to be lady:D
    Ha!

*hands Lucy the smut crown for the night*

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,660 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Lola92 wrote: »
    Twice a day, every single day without fail my dad asks me if I want a cup of tea. I hate tea, always have hated it. Never drank it at all so its not just like I gave it up. Now I just sigh and shake my head.

The life of a tea hater is a hard one..I get re-asked the tea question in hotels or B&Bs such is the shock to the system.

We must struggle on, Lola92. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

As for the magnet? That is pretty creepy. Feck it out before more fishy things turn up.

Boyfriend said I can't throw it out because we don't know how long he's been there and maybe he's protecting us, but he has shifty eyes so I don't think so :( Between that and my engagement ring switching fingers last week I am about to move out :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,555 ✭✭✭Sar_Bear

Nice one. When my lad was 7, he wanted to be a hammerhead shark or a speed bump (?????) I sh1t you not.

Could you imagine?

That's the funniest thing I've heard in a long time :D

Working at 10pm... I don't wanna go in :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,676 ✭✭✭✭herisson

i wanted to a Lollipop lady when i was younger! :p

Lucyfur i agree Belfast accent nom nom nom actually the northern accent in general :D its why i love visiting my sister! :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 688 ✭✭✭Albection

Ha!

*hands Lucy the smut crown for the night*

Giggity.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭Vinta81

Finally a big girl, I just put the deposit down on our house for the summer! It may only be for 3 or 4 months but moving out the summer is a big step towards moving out forever...eventually :D

• Advertisement

Acoshla wrote: »

Boyfriend said I can't throw it out because we don't know how long he's been there and maybe he's protecting us, but he has shifty eyes so I don't think so :( Between that and my engagement ring switching fingers last week I am about to move out :p
    The ring thing is weird alright but the magnet thing sounds like someone is having a laugh with you.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement