Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Arcade and Retro Podcast

• 23-01-2012 5:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭

As seen here:

http://arcadeandretro.com/

Always looking for contributors to come in and talk about whatever interests them.

This Saturday at 2 we're going to record a new one and we're aiming to talk about Hudson Soft. Retr0 and Sera are already on board. Anyone else interested in joining us?

The radio studios are in Coolock.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭Pyongyang

DinoRex wrote: »

riots.jpg?w=500

paris-riots2.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭DinoRex

We also have white dog poo. I spotted some last week!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,908 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

I listened to the last one. It was well informed, and the production was rather slick, paint me impressed.

We also have white dog poo. I spotted some last week!

I'm coming down just for that! I've not seen white dog plop in YEARS. I thought it was only the stuff of legends, downgraded to never seeing it for yourself but being told by someone who knows someone who heard from someone else that someone saw some.

Hudson debate sounds mega, alas my schedule is a bit bizarre these coming weeks so I doubt I could come down and help out (assuming I'm allowed to invite myself that is :D).

Definitely keen to do a chat on shooting games if you're keen on that one champ?! :)

Pyongyang wrote: »
    I'm coming down just for that! I've not seen white dog plop in YEARS. I thought it was only the stuff of legends, downgraded to never seeing it for yourself but being told by someone who knows someone who heard from someone else that someone saw some.

Hudson debate sounds mega, alas my schedule is a bit bizarre these coming weeks so I doubt I could come down and help out (assuming I'm allowed to invite myself that is :D).

Definitely keen to do a chat on shooting games if you're keen on that one champ?! :)

To me the white dog poo is a key indicator of the recession.

But yes. Always free to come on down. We can look at getting Sykpe up and running too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,846 ✭✭✭Steve X2

But yes. Always free to come on down. We can look at getting Sykpe up and running too.

You should ustream the whole thing as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭pdbhp

Steve SI wrote: »
    You should ustream the whole thing as well.

You can stream white dog poo?

What an age we live in!!:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

DinoRex wrote:
    Retr0 and Sera are already on board.
    got an IM when I came home "you're signed up to do the podcast kthx bai"

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,702 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Sera wrote: »

You better know your bombermans from your Bonks :P

You're also signed up to donate one of your kidneys at 5.

• Advertisement

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    You better know your bombermans from your Bonks :P
    yeah I know bonk lol jk.
    GCCX HS game episodes for the podcast there's probally more or I'm wrong so *shrugums*
    You're also signed up to donate one of your kidneys at 5.
    you can have both of em, they don't even work right in the winter

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,702 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I've found links to a retrogamer article on the company, going to do some notes up when I get back, hoping to find out a bit more on their home computer work before they went to famicom.

If Star Soldier or Giga Fujdjfnebdjicndjdku Sapphire isn't mentioned (and discussed for at least 97 minutes each) I'm never listening to this show again.

Oh, and someone mention something about shoehorns.

Don't worry they'll be there.

I'm just after being reminded of the weird Super Mario Bros conversions Hudson did for the japanese home computers! Can't leave those out.

you can have both of em, they don't even work right in the winter

I already have 3!

I already have 3!
    I think someone's been watching Koma :P

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

I won't be making a guest appearance at this one :(

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,180 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dr Bob

As seen here:

http://arcadeandretro.com/

Always looking for contributors to come in and talk about whatever interests them.

This Saturday at 2 we're going to record a new one and we're aiming to talk about Hudson Soft. Retr0 and Sera are already on board. Anyone else interested in joining us?

ah I'm definitely up for some of the others but since my knowledge of hudson consists of the PCE, the fact that adventure island still isnt as good as wonderboy and that 16 shot guy , my seat would be better taken up by someone else..;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,771 ✭✭✭Jack burton

Well I wont be up either, big suprise! But if yer doing a collecting video and how to get yourself some bargains, think I have to speak on that matter :P

ah I'm definitely up for some of the others but since my knowledge of hudson consists of the PCE, the fact that adventure island still isnt as good as wonderboy and that 16 shot guy , my seat would be better taken up by someone else..;)
    that's more than what I know so that's not an excuse! You just want to stay at home and play Rise of the Robots

• Advertisement

We can record 2 on the day, if you want to think of another topic?

If luas dublin wants to do a 2600 podcast I'd love to do one as well. I'm absolutely fascinated by the machine after reading Racing the Beam.

We can record 2 on the day, if you want to think of another topic?

28033701.jpg

that's more than what I know so that's not an excuse! You just want to stay at home and play Rise of the Robots

I've played it twice now!
    Any more and my eyes will melt
    Crouch kick block, crouch kick block ...ARRGH!

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    If luas dublin wants to do a 2600 podcast I'd love to do one as well. I'm absolutely fascinated by the machine after reading Racing the Beam.
    I'd be willing to give it a shot!

There's a few other Atari heads floating around here that may want in as well

Was going over some old Hudson Soft games and found this one for the Amiga that I'd completely forgotten about:

How awesome is that?

Funky music!

Character design seems to be by the same crowd who did Poochy.

"Hmm... I think he needs a little more attitude."

*darkens in glasses*

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,035 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

The graphics reminded me of a cross between the Bitmap Brothers' Gods and Magic Pockets.

• Advertisement

The 90s were a horrible time for video game characters with attitude/sunglasses.

Advertisement