Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The comedy button

• 15-10-2011 11:06am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭

The first episode of Ex IGN employee Scott Bromley and the cast of the gamespy debriefings new podcast, the comedy button, is now live :
    Anyone else listen, or anyone old debriefing fans?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,472 ✭✭✭✭Varik

cloud493 wrote: »
    The first episode of Ex IGN employee Scott Bromley and the cast of the gamespy debriefings new podcast, the comedy button, is now live :
    Anyone else listen, or anyone old debriefing fans?

Just wondering what was happening with this, they took their time. I haven't listen yet, expected to hear something from some other podcast such as geekbox when it was ready.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,883 ✭✭✭megaten

It's been great so far. I wasn't sure about Max Scollvile since I something about him puts me off on Podtoid (Destuctoid's main podcast) but he seems much more natural on the comedy button.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Yeah it was. I was sceptical about them adding some random guy, but he's pretty funny actually. I think he goes with Altano and Bromley.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Proud backer of the podcast with $100 right here. :)

The GSD was one of the best podcasts ever, I still have Eps 119-170 on my laptop and will listen to an episode at least once a week.

TCB is brilliant. The first episode was worthy of being up there with some of the best GSD episodes.

I too was sceptical about adding Max, but I think he'll add a lot to the podcast, especially because him and Scott have more stories from their past together like the "WHY WON'T YOU MAKE OUT WITH ME?!?!?!?!" story.

Would love to see some guests on though, Will Tuttle, Jack and Arthur were always great when they were on.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,431 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Just listened to the latest (ep 4). Loved the dodo bit. :)

I'll grab the first 3 later. Good fun (but not something you'd listen to with your mother in the car).

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Mr E wrote: »
    Just listened to the latest (ep 4). Loved the dodo bit. :)

I'll grab the first 3 later. Good fun (but not something you'd listen to with your mother in the car).

The dodo references were priceless.

"Hello..."
    *they shoot one*
    "Oh sh1t, what happened to Frank?"

Dumb birds. :pac:

I like the idea of the 'handys' charity.........

Episode 5 is now up. :)

All the podcasts are available here, on iTunes, on Zune Marketplace, on Stitcher, basically anywhere that you can get audio. :)

For your convenience here're the episodes so far:

Episode 1
    Episode 2
    Episode 3
    Episode 4
    Episode 5

That episode was so funny my stomach hurts from laughing :D Wine/11 is all il say.

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭CrazyFish

I hated Brian altano (have no idea how to spell his name) and Scott Bromley when I first started listening to the gamespy debriefings. But they grew on me and I do be pissing myself laughing at the random **** they come out with.

• Advertisement

McGruff the Holocaust Denying Crime Dog. :pac: :pac:

And now they can't get canceled!

And now they can't get canceled!

Yep. :D

The only thing about the new show I don't like, is that it seems like they don't want to talk about games at all. Like, I know it was rare on the GSD(eps 120-170) that they actually did, but still.

I think it was Ep 4 where Anthony asked Ryan what he played while his wife was away and then said "We're not gonna talk about games or anything." as if it were a bad thing to talk about them.

Well this is a fresh start for them, and Brian and Scott don't really play games. I thought the story Ryan told about the guy who shoplifted and ultima was great :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,883 ✭✭✭megaten

Oh god episode 5 was insane. It makes you wonder just how much stuff they had to cut on the debriefings.

megaten wrote: »
    Oh god episode 5 was insane. It makes you wonder just how much stuff they had to cut on the debriefings.

I wouldn't say they had to cut that much to be honest. Just holocaust jokes, probably some stuff on 9/11 and the like. They pretty much had free reign on that show.

Would be nice if they had all the old clips they cut out, but seeing as there are podcasts that play backwards and play over each other it's unlikely. :pac:

Their talk of red necks has persuaded me never to go to the South of America.

Their talk of red necks has persuaded me never to go to the South of America.

"Oh, if you want something to read you'll have to go to the next town over." :pac:

'you boys here to rob something.....'

New episode tonight :D

• Advertisement

I have a 2 hour drive tomorrow... looking forward to laughing my ass off for the whole journey. :)

Can't wait! :)

Oh, the facebook group is here.

Everyone should join if you haven't already. Great craic at times. Scott posts regularly, Brian and Max to a lesser degree.

Already a member :D

Oh that's very good. Not keen on the sponsorship breaks.

Meh, don't care about the sponsorship myself. If it means they can keep making episodes I'd happily skim through 10 minutes of ads.

The vampires in space stuff was awful, but there was a lot to like about this episode. Ryan Scott sounds really uncomfortable in it though... like he can't keep up with the others.

Mr E wrote: »
    The vampires in space stuff was awful, but there was a lot to like about this episode. Ryan Scott sounds really uncomfortable in it though... like he can't keep up with the others.

The "SPAAACCCEEEEE!!!!!" thing was a joke on the Debriefings, Episode 163. People were asking them to bring it back so they obliged. Not one of my favourite memes from the show.

I think it's more that he's not as perverted as the others. He's not the most outlandishly funny people on the podcast, but I couldn't imagine the show without him. His dead-pan disinterested responses during the space thing were priceless. :)

I think Ryan Scott makes the show : P

Vampires in space was great!

New episode is up :D

• Advertisement

One of their best episodes. Loved the crazy story of Max and Brian at the start, but equally loved when they got serious at the end. I miss that from the GSD when they used to drift into really serious sh*t and actually give good advice. Be nice to see that back from time to time. :)

Also, I wonder if next week we'll see the first guest on the show... Altano said he was flying back to Jersey for Thanksgiving, which was Thursday, they normally record on Sunday in the middle of the day, so you'd never know. My vote's for Will Tuttle! :pac:

Advertisement