Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Trivium

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭StaticAge11

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Perfect way to round of a good night eh Static

Oh you better believe it!

It was before the show, and Matt couldn't talk as he doesnt speak for 4 hours before a show. Kinda disappointed in that but more than made up for it talking to Paolo and Corey

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭Chevolution

I'm by no means a Trivium fan but they definitely did out on a great live performance.
    But dear Jesus Psykosis were fantastic!! They're mates of mine and it was really great to see them playing that stage, now I'm playing with them down in limerick on Saturday :D

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭Joe_Dull

I can't say I'm surprised this wasn't used by the "contemporary band" it was ghostwritten for. Pretty colour-by-numbers stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,348 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Announced for B.O.A.

Surprised at the headliners.....well not really actually but the fact they have all of these all in the one year without having an extreme metal headliner in there is, but regardless there should be something on the bill for everyone even if the headliners are more mainstream they are certainly all drastically different in styles.

The announcement has been predictably met with naysayers some right laughable comments on the Facebook page, never got that you don't like a band at a festival there is other stages or bars to go to.

Considering going although with tickets now at £120 early bird and prob £140 (approx 155/177 euro) its hardly a niche festival now.

330714.jpg

• Advertisement

Silence In The Snow was demoed for Shogun..

11781816_1001541446569401_5422108403485025222_n.jpg?oh=b4ea8ffef10f516928f647d44d4d6cdb&oe=5643F631

• Registered Users Posts: 4,346 ✭✭✭King George VI

I don't like it. Musically it's alright I guess but not a fan of the vocals. It's neither a step back or a step forward for the band.

It has to my ears at least a Dio era Sabbath feel to the verse/chorus.

• Advertisement

I don't like it. Musically it's alright I guess but not a fan of the vocals. It's neither a step back or a step forward for the band.

My thoughts exactly, no surprise it didn't make the cut on the Shogun album it just wouldn't have fitted in...no doubt they'll try something new as they do lets hope its better than the last album.

Silence In The Snow cover & track-listing

640x640.jpg

01. Snøfall
    02. Silence In The Snow
    03. Blind Leading The Blind
    04. Dead And Gone
    05. The Ghost That's Haunting You
    06. Pull Me From The Void
    07. Until The World Goes Cold
    08. Rise Above The Tides
    09. The Thing That’s Killing Me
    10. Beneath The Sun
    11. Breathe In The Flames
    12. Cease All Your Fire (Deluxe edition)
    13. The Darkness Of My Mind (Deluxe edition)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,614 ✭✭✭Mozzeltoff

The album artwork reminds me a lot of Motorheads logo.

I love the new approach to the vocals, and to see the return of seven string guitars. Nice to hear something different! Looking forward to hearing more tracks. Bit mad I am missing Bloodstock this weekend!

I wonder is their Bloodstock set being livestreamed??

Seeing them at Summer Breeze next week so interested to know if they are playing new stuff.

Seeing them at Summer Breeze next week so interested to know if they are playing new stuff.

Two new songs, the single Silence in the Snow and Blind Leading the Blind

• Closed Accounts Posts: 412 ✭✭Vanhalla

Thats a bloody interesting sounding album from trivium! Or at least the 3 songs i have heard. I love it!
    Have always been able to take or leave them but cant wait to hear the full album here.
    Someone mentioned Dio. It does sound like a hark back to those times! Havent heard any screaming vocals yet!

Until the World Goes Cold.

https://youtu.be/pm-xlwkQ_qc

this is the first official single from the album!

• Advertisement

Anyone pick up the new album yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 874 ✭✭✭devildriver

Anyone pick up the new album yet?

It was out on Spotify last week. Gave it one spin and that will be it I think. I'm fine with the fact that have changed direction to more traditional heavy metal / power metal but it's not that interesting to be honest.

Matt can sing but in so doing they have lost the unmistakable sound that made them unique and now just sound like a dozen other middle of the road metal bands.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,087 ✭✭✭✭Dan_Solo

Can't stand the new album. I think it's their worst by some stretch. :(
    Hopefully a one off...

The revolving door of drummers in Trivium has revolved again, out goes Mat Madiro, in comes Paul Wandtke.
    We are writing this to let you all know that Trivium has amicably parted ways with Mat Madiro as our drummer.
    Mat stepped up for us at a dire moment where it was either leave a tour, or carry on. With Mat, we will forever be eternally grateful of everything he helped us out with. Mat’s time filling in for us was much appreciated.
    Creatively though, we felt at this time we needed to make a change. And every change, every difficult decision and every evolution that Trivium has either decided, or been forced to make has been for the necessary for us to continue on as a functioning band. The things that go on behind the scenes that directly involve the Trivium members aren't always apparent from an outside fan’s perspective.
    With that said our new drummer is Paul Wandtke from Chicago,IL. With Paul, we took our careful time deciding exactly what had to happen and how.
    We spent our time checking out, trying out and feeling out many drummers this time around. After much deliberation, Paolo said to Matt one day "you should hit up John Petrucci and see if he has an ideas." We figured our friend John may have some ideas from the Berklee-world.
    John brought Mike Mangini into the conversation and within minutes of describing our conundrum to Mike, he had a name: Paul Wandkte. Paul studied under Mike at Berklee, and obviously made an impression on a man we consider to be one of the greatest drummers on the planet.
    Paul made his debut with us in thunderous fashion this past weekend by playing to 40,000 fans at Knotfest Mexico. And he nailed it. We hope to work with Paul for a long time and we hope the Trivium fans around the world welcome him with open arms.
    Says Paul, "I was blown away when Trivium had contacted me. I have been looking for a place to call home all my life, a home of brothers with similar tastes in music, musicianship and goals. I'd like to thank Dream Theater's Mike Mangini for getting us in contact. I couldn't be happier, this is literally life changing. Never give up, be yourself and rock on."

Shame to see Mat leave. Paul seems damn good. Please god let this be a more permanent fixture

Well if Mike Mangini recommended him, then he's gotta be good... Damn shame Mat leaving for ''creative'' differences

So in the 15 years Trivium have been a band, they are now on their 4th drummer

Travis Smith
    Nick Augusto
    Mat Madiro
    Paul Wandtke

Never seen a band with such a turnover of drummers.

Just a shame what Matt Heafys dad posted on instagram about none of the previous drummers being up to the standards of the other 3 guys. Seems belittling of the abilities of 3 pretty damn good drummers

Just a shame what Matt Heafys dad posted on instagram about none of the previous drummers being up to the standards of the other 3 guys. Seems belittling of the abilities of 3 pretty damn good drummers

Well that's just petty on Heafy's dad's part to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,799 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Well if Mike Mangini recommended him, then he's gotta be good... Damn shame Mat leaving for ''creative'' differences

So in the 15 years Trivium have been a band, they are now on their 4th drummer

Travis Smith
    Nick Augusto
    Mat Madiro
    Paul Wandtke

Never seen a band with such a turnover of drummers.

Other than Spinal Tap

• Advertisement

Trivium have 'a lot of material' written for next album with the follow-up expected in 2017.

http://teamrock.com/news/2016-05-13/trivium-have-a-lot-of-material-written-for-next-album

Advertisement