Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

What made you smile/frown/mad/sad/cry today-thread for all your emotional needs! V4

Comments

• Registered Users, Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

FFS, ink is gone in my new printer - I've printed out about 40 pages in colour, and the colour cartridge is gone already - hope I can figure out how to refill it!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,850 ✭✭✭FouxDaFaFa

Was working today so missed the sun. I don't mind, I burn up like a vampire when I come into contact with the tiniest bit of sunlight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,130 ✭✭✭✭Kiera

Ive a dodgy farmers tan going on :(

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭WesternNight

Kiera wrote: »

Welcome to summer! :p

Go out with arm-warmers (or elbow-length ballgown gloves) and a tube top tomorrow to even it up.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,956 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

ha ha......................oh dear :/
    krudler wrote: »
    the sheer ignorance of people is beyond me these days, had this fella earlier start a conversation like this

"yeah my phones not working, whats wrong with it?"
    "ok whats the issue with it?"
    "its not working!"
    "I mean specifically, calls, texts, internet?"
    "calls! sure its a phone isnt it!"
    "o...k...and is it with making or recieving?"
    "ah here look just fix it! *hangs up*
    "..well my work here is done"

some people *facepalm*

• Words cannot explain how beautiful the night's sky is tonight.

• Administrators Posts: 53,331 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

This post has been deleted.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

Home made burgers and a bottle of ale.

Life is good.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,517 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Words cannot explain how beautiful the night's sky is tonight.
    I was just out in my garden and saw a beautiful crescent moon beside one really bright star and had to marvel at how wonderful the sky looked. :)
    I love the moon. I love the rhythm of it, new moon, crescent moon, half moon, full moon... new moon, crescent moon and so on forever... I find the moon very comforting. :o

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,517 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

awec wrote: »
    This seems like a disguised way of saying "it's that time of year when I can go outside in skimpy clothes". :pac:
    Not skimpy enough if they've left a farmer's tan!! ;)

• Posy wrote: »
    I was just out in my garden and saw a beautiful crescent moon beside one really bright star and had to marvel at how wonderful the sky looked. :)
    I love the moon. I love the rhythm of it, new moon, crescent moon, half moon, full moon... new moon, crescent moon and so on forever... I find the moon very comforting. :o

The stars are what comforts me, hence why I got some tattooed on me. The crescent moon is phenomenal, but there's no clouds here and little light pollution at my family home, so ... wow.

This seems like a disguised way of saying "it's that time of year when I can go outside in skimpy clothes". :pac:
    Ha the public would not like to see me in skimpy clothes :p

My top had cap sleeves so that's where the dodgy tan comes from.

Cap sleeves?

Are they just normal sleeves that every t-shirt has?

Can't beat a bit of skimp! :p
    They're shotter than a normal tshirt sleeve. Bearly there...

They're shotter than a normal tshirt sleeve. Bearly there...
    Ohhh.

They're all the in thing these days. Good few of my tees have those too.
    Do you shop in girls shops?

:p

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭Daisies

What a fabulous day. I honestly think there is nowhere in the world quite like Galway on a sunny day. Walking down Quay St with my sunglasses to have a few cans at the Spanish Arch. Sitting by the water with people playing the guitar and spontaneous sing songs, everyone in a good mood. I do love Ireland :D

Galway was in great form today, Daisies. I was thinking the same myself earlier. Really nice atmosphere.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭Daisies

FouxDaFaFa wrote: »
    Galway was in great form today, Daisies. I was thinking the same myself earlier. Really nice atmosphere.

Fab, had a permanent smile on my face. Me and my friend were actually saying that there was nowhere in the world we would rather have been today. So relaxed, sun shining, as we said "That's what living is about".

• Registered Users Posts: 1,441 ✭✭✭pampootie

Must remember not to bake when I'm bored. Have just eaten 3/4 of a pineapple upside down cake. Whoops.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

Babybuff wrote: »
    last night I posted about quitting my job, today I went for coffee and found a new one. So I did the right thing and got drunk with my new workmates.
    Congratulations on your new job, fair play to you for getting one so quickly.
    I've spent my Sunday so far cleaning! :(

Kitchen mopped, hoovered, cleaned. On the upside it's now spotless!

I need a cleaner....
    Myself and my boyfriend cleaned his house yesterday, he started cleaning the cooker and I finished it, it was actually like a brand new cooker, so shiny.
    Posy wrote: »
    I was going to practice typing for a bit and work on my piano sightreading for an hour or so but somehow I've found myself at the busstop on my way to the beach. Ooops.
    Jealous! What beach did you go to?

Myself and my boyfriend went to Dollymount Strand last year on one of our first dates, was an awesome day, lying by the beach on a hot day, ahh bliss.
    Feeling tearful and glum today despite the sun shining, haven't pOsted here in a bit, but bloody glad I looked at the caca milis pics on the page! Yum x
    *hugs* hope you feel better soon :)

Had a great day today, myself and my boyfriend and my boyfriend sister went into town for some lunch, then walked by the river and spent some time at my house, then came over to my boyfriends house and getting Chinese now.

Love those relaxing days, where you plan them the day before, expect a normal-ish day, but turn out to be better than expected :D

Hope everyone here had a nice day :)

• Lunar eclipse, I think. Or else someone stole the moon.

This makes me think of that jaffa cake advert. :D

Full moon,
    Half moon,
    TOTAL eclpise.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-dtmRmOHK78

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

Galway was gorgeous today. I even went for this thing called a "walk" :p T'was lovely.

In other news.. we had this fox in our estate, we see her from our balcony at night every once in a while, and over the winter we have been leaving food out for her. She had babies !!! :D:D

We couldnt see them but could hear them wailing when she left the den. Bawwww!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

Just booked me some flights. 6 weeks until I go to Lanzarote. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

ugh, feel like crap since I got home, stupid air conditioning in work was blasting all day, was nice earlier when it was warm out, not so much after you've been sitting under it for over 8hrs, we cant turn it off either its centrally controlled, fcuk sake. have a pounding headache and am all shivery now

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,768 ✭✭✭almostnever

Ugh, my heart is in my mouth. Why do I always have to take risks right before I go to bed!? I won't know how it turns out until the morning but I won't be able to sleep easy until I know. Grumble grumble.

Today was SUCH a delightfully sunny day. Sandwiches and ice cream in Stephen's Green tomorrow for lunch if this keeps up! :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement