Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

€25k invested in prize bonds

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,863 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

You obviously won in the last 2 months?

• Registered Users Posts: 7 silversun pickup

i registered them a week after i got them, if i won in last 2 months surely i could see the win details online? it says to write a letter to fexco in kerry to find out details. is it possible that the bond numbers i bought could still have unclaimed prizes on them?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,050 ✭✭✭tuisginideach

If you had won in the last two months surely you would have received your cheque (presuming you haven't changed address in the last two month?). If you bought in the last two months I think your bonds should start with the letters ZD (or very close to that).

ya thats what i thought, but no cheques or address changes bonds are in the zr grouping and it says online i have 5 unclaimed prizes for the bond numbers i own in this grouping seems odd to me as if i was sold bonds still owned by someone else!

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭eamonn147

you luckly sod..i doubt they would make that mistake as prizebonds are to make interest on unclaimed prizes until cashed in.. how much did you invest..

• Advertisement

eamonn147 wrote: »
    you luckly sod..i doubt they would make that mistake as prizebonds are to make interest on unclaimed prizes until cashed in.. how much did you invest..

15k technically since I own them now, one would think they are also my winnings!

ring them n check it out did you register your bonds on the online tracker??it seems v strange ive won three 50 euro prizes since dec and each time it came up congratulation etc

Very strange.

If you put ZR000001 - ZR999999 into the 'unclaimed/uncashed prizes' option on the website, the site says there are no unclaimed/uncashed prizes.

tis a bit strange alright. i tried that there and got the same result. it only happens when i log into the bond tracker and select the unclaimed prizes heading it then automatically shows 5 of my bonds in the zr grouping to have unclaimed prizes. Along with an address to write to if one hasnt received their prize. i thought maybe someone on this thread might have had the same experience before.

ya i will give them a call during the week and get the news that alas im not a winner.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,358 ✭✭✭Into The Blue

I'm selling the house this month, new house won't be ready for 12-18 months.. So I'll have 180k "spare" till then..

Prize bonds or applegreen ipo???

• Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭Agent Smyth

Are you seriously asking weather you should buy Prize bonds or risk your house money on the stock market.
    If that the question buy the Applegreen, Sure what can go wrong ???

I'm in that club (just about) and have won €50 since 6th March. Was winning €50 two or three times a month before change in prize fund.

:(:(:(:(:( again today

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭FoolsGold1

Winnings from today's draw - Nil
    Last win €50 last week, 29/5/15

• Registered Users Posts: 1,338 ✭✭✭Negative_G

Winnings today 05/06/2015: €50
    Total winnings since February 2015: €250
    Last win: 17th April 2015 (1 x €50)

I've been quite fortunate I suppose, return of €250 on €50k in just four months. Long may it continue.

• Registered Users Posts: 805 ✭✭✭pbwinner

Winnings on 05/06/15: €0
    Last win 29 May 2015: €50
    Total winnings since Feb 2011 on €25k: €1950

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭Mormegil

Nothing this week.

last Win June 2014 - €50
    Total wins since Dec 2010 - €375
    Current investment €8500

Next week will be a year since I last won anything.

:(:(:(:(:( again today

1st win (€50) since 20th March. :o

Winnings on 12/06/15: €0

Last win 29/5/15 - €50.

• Advertisement

nothing today
    last win 50 euro on April 17 ..

tuisginideach how much have you invested?how regular are your wins

I think he told us already that the winnings are few and very far between, and that he is nudging into the 100K Club. I can concur with him as, like him, I was getting a reasonable few wins (on bit more than 60K) but since 1st Jan. up to today my big sum is €250 in wins.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,338 ✭✭✭Negative_G

No win today here.

have prizebonds becoming a waste of time since the adjustment in prizes last october ..i mean with nearly 400 million bonds in issues what the real difference between having 10 or 20 k in the pot...advice needed..

• Registered Users Posts: 17,863 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Literally just filled out the repayment form for my pot and now Im deciding to bring it to th Post Office or not, thinking sit on the cash, wait for Greece to default and/or FTSE to come off its highs then whack it into some good dividend payers like HSBC when they bottom out and leave it there instead, Ive basically wasted the last 12 months leaving it in PBs. We've had anecdotal evidence in this thread that not even the 100k+ PB holders get paid anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 696 ✭✭✭jrmb

I've just noticed that I need a Garda to witness that I've misplaced a certificate for one bond from when I was little.

Prize Bonds need some serious modernisation if I'm ever to use them again. State Savings could learn a lot from Rabo Direct.

eamonn147 wrote: »
    have prizebonds becoming a waste of time since the adjustment in prizes last october ..i mean with nearly 400 million bonds in issues what the real difference between having 10 or 20 k in the pot...advice needed..

Well you can tell from the posts from the last few months that the number of prizes has absolutely bombed. I posted a graph a little while ago showing how the number of €50 prizes has dropped to practically 0.

Winnings on 12/06/15: €0

Last win 29th May - €50

• Advertisement

1st win (€50) since 20th March. :o

nothing this week :(

Advertisement