Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The Faith No More Appreciation Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

I actually feel quite guilty for this because it speaks volumes about me as a fanboy as they were only made available a couple of days ago, but I want a pair of these. :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 vanjaqwq

I'm toying with the idea of buying a pair myself. The hi-tops look ****e.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

Nailz wrote: »
    I actually feel quite guilty for this because it speaks volumes about me as a fanboy as they were only made available a couple of days ago, but I want a pair of these. :o
    I'm slightly disappointed but at the same time relieved that they turned to be shoes rather than jocks ;).

Malice wrote: »
    I'm slightly disappointed but at the same time relieved that they turned to be shoes rather than jocks ;).
    You saw 'Footwear' in the page title and feared the worst I presume :pac:. Well, I am actually considering purchasing both a pair of Hi-Tops and Low-Tops, for warm and cold weather, y'know? :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 491 ✭✭spitfireIRL

I'm only 20 and have only been listening to them for 4 years or so, but I fell in love with Angel Dust the first time I heard it. Massive fan of The Real Thing and King For A Day too, although I think Trey Spruance did a brilliant job on KFAD, there was something not quite right without Jim Martin's guitar tone. I'm not a Martin fanboy but I think ye know what I mean. But my all time favourite member is Puffy. An absolute legend in the drumming world, and a legend in real life, managed to meet him outside the Olympia in 2009 (a gig many of you were also at ;) ) and he came out, shook our hands, told us we looked absolutely freezing and signed our tickets. Got his autograph framed on my wall :) Being good, it gets you stuff! ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭Diarmuid

It certainly doesn't one of the first songs I learned. Good times :).

• Registered Users Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

I'm just thankful that I got to see them in 2009, especially since the ticket was free, and I didn't think I would ever see them. Truly an amazing night and a live experience I will never forget.

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭mk1esc

i remember when they did a signing in virgin back in the mid ninties...went on the hop from school, got crushed at the door going in but met all 5 guys and got them to sign my parka jacket...i must take a few pics of it ;) but they are a bit faded now

got caught for bein on the hop anyway....didnt care less...

• Registered Users Posts: 595 ✭✭✭ElvisChrist6

Love FNM! Started off with the Mosley stuff years ago, and only liked that for a while! Just a couple of years ago, I started to appreciate Patton. God, he's some voice! Still sorta prefer Mosley though, as a frontman, though Patton's a better singer! Plus the funk metal stuff was much better than the Angel Dust stuff they did! Still a great album though!

• Advertisement

Just watching the Alive Festival 2010 DVD. Live version's of their tune's are just fúcking amazing. The Real Thing live is animal, such a powerfull song. I hope to fúck that they at least play live again in the next few years. The Talking Book album by Bill Gould ain't half bad either. Defo worth a listen.

vanjaqwq wrote: »
    Just watching the Alive Festival 2010 DVD. Live version's of their tune's are just fúcking amazing. The Real Thing live is animal, such a powerfull song. I hope to fúck that they at least play live again in the next few years. The Talking Book album by Bill Gould ain't half bad either. Defo worth a listen.

Sure they've officially broken up now for the last time, so that was their last tour.. so Billy Gould says anyway :(

This is what the man has to say recently

Bill also talks about the Faith No More reunion:
    “I was just hoping that we could focus and actually do a good job and I think the way it worked out it was much much better than I would have expected. I would say it kind of….hmm, let me think. I would say it was just a really positive thing. As far as doing it again, I would love to. I think that if we’re gonna keep playing though, there’s a certain point where you have to bring something alive, bring something new. And it has to be a creative experience.
    “It was great playing the old songs and getting back together as people, but I think we have to take it somewhere forward if we were gonna do it again.”

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L-4CcgA1Upo

Still not sure how to embed :o but I love the way they speed up the songs live! Patton messing with your one is absolutely hilarious!

Haven't watched those Hangin with MTV clips in a long time. Great stuff. Fantomas vibe kicking off back then.

vanjaqwq wrote: »
    This is what the man has to say recently

Bill also talks about the Faith No More reunion:
    “I was just hoping that we could focus and actually do a good job and I think the way it worked out it was much much better than I would have expected. I would say it kind of….hmm, let me think. I would say it was just a really positive thing. As far as doing it again, I would love to. I think that if we’re gonna keep playing though, there’s a certain point where you have to bring something alive, bring something new. And it has to be a creative experience.
    “It was great playing the old songs and getting back together as people, but I think we have to take it somewhere forward if we were gonna do it again.”

I stand corrected, cheers for that :) . I thought when I saw them they sort of lacked the physical power of what they had in the early 90's etc but it wasn't lacking in skill, it was like a more classier version of them, with the suits and the velvet backdrop.. and Puffy wearing a vest :P not sure what i'm typing makes sense.. I'd give my left nut to have seen them circa 91-93. But my point is, I'd like to hear a new album by them now, as it wouldn't be a goodbye album as such (as AOTY was, since by 97 you could tell Patton was sick sh1t of singing the same old songs) but a whole new album with a whole new perspective. They have the potential still, and one can dream :)

Edit: The Hanging with MTV clips are mindblowing. Half the crowd haven't a clue what's going on :P

Yeah Puffy really knocked the fúck out of his drum's back in the day. Saw them 3 times off Angel Dust & 3 times off The Second Coming tour, I think sound wise they've gotten better with time. A new album would be a dream come through for me really. I don't get as excited about music anymore in my old age, but a new FNM album would knock the bollix off me. Won't hold my breath, I'd also like to hear new Fantomas & Tomhawk first maybe then Mike might a have think about it. I'd say the rest of the band would be up for it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 605 ✭✭✭Lemmy Scott

Diarmuid wrote: »

Well ya when big dopey jim got kicked out
    such a poser is jim ,saw them years ago in the point :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,854 ✭✭✭Beekay

Going through a FNM phase at the moment....pissing me off even more that I missed out on tickets to the Olympia gigs

• Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

I saw FNM for the first time live when they supported GnR at Slane and as per everyone elses comments they were the best band at that gig on the day.

I then saw them when they played the Point with L7 and from what I remember of the gig they were excellent as well. I got slamdived from behind by a muppet wearing a studded leather jacket, so some of the concert is a bit of a groggy memory (he dived from the crowd crush barriers that used to be part of the floor for the old Point).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,957 ✭✭✭✭bnt

Billy's side project supergroup, Fear and the Nervous System, are about to release an album: here's the first single, Choking Victim.

If that sounds a bit Korn-y, it's because the group includes "Munky" Shaffer, as well as Repeater vocalist Steve Krolikowski, Bad Religion drummer Brooks Wackerman, guitarist Leopold Ross and keyboardist Zach Baird. Billy seems to have discovered the 5-string bass; well, it's about time! :p

(via No Treble)

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

• Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭oneillMan999

Best album of the 90`s.....Angel Dust.

Best band of the 90`s......Faith no More.

Not much more can be said that hasnt already been said but if u had to sum FNM up in one word it would be.... original!!

bnt wrote: »
    Billy's side project supergroup, Fear and the Nervous System, are about to release an album: here's the first single, Choking Victim.

If that sounds a bit Korn-y, it's because the group includes "Munky" Shaffer, as well as Repeater vocalist Steve Krolikowski, Bad Religion drummer Brooks Wackerman, guitarist Leopold Ross and keyboardist Zach Baird. Billy seems to have discovered the 5-string bass; well, it's about time! :p

(via No Treble)
    Heard a little bit of them a month or so back, a lot of demos and stuff sound the real deal. Didn't hear much of Shandi's Addiction after the cover of Calling Dr. Love, looked to be a neat little supergroup and all, would have thought the members where perfect for each other.

Billy's new album 'Talking Book', with Jared Blum, was released on Billy's label, KoolArrow. And might I say, and not just as a massive Billy-head (and that, I am), it is an absolutely exquisite piece of music. Brilliant, no exaduration, it's probably not for the casual Metalhead who doesn't have much variaty in ones' collection as it is quite obscure, out of the ordinary and somewhat scenic, if that makes sense in musical terminology.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

Best album of the 90`s.....Angel Dust.

Best band of the 90`s......Faith no More.

Not much more can be said that hasnt already been said but if u had to sum FNM up in one word it would be.... original!!

You hit the nail on the had there.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

gandalf wrote: »
    I saw FNM for the first time live when they supported GnR at Slane and as per everyone elses comments they were the best band at that gig on the day.

I was there too and I agree.

Every time I'm out with people at work and someone mentions karaoke, I say "Only if they have Epic by FNM." So far, I've escaped, but if the time ever comes, I'm ready.

Altogether now, "You waaaaaant it aaaaallll..."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 141 ✭✭DoubleBogey

Haven't listened to them in years but this thread has got me itching for some decent ****ing music. I'm another one who saw them in the point in '92 and what makes it even more sweet is it was my first gig ever...of any band. Remember Patton getting a bit pissed off when the whole stadium started chanting "you fat bastard!". Haha classic! He wasn't even fat I don't know how it started :-)

Can't wait to get home now and dig out their albums.

Haven't listened to them in years but this thread has got me itching for some decent ****ing music. I'm another one who saw them in the point in '92 and what makes it even more sweet is it was my first gig ever...of any band. Remember Patton getting a bit pissed off when the whole stadium started chanting "you fat bastard!". Haha classic! He wasn't even fat I don't know how it started :-)

Can't wait to get home now and dig out their albums.
    You Fat Bastards is the name of their live VHS/DVD which was recorded in Brixton Academy, London back in 1990 and released in the same year (the DVD was obviously released later, the CD was out in '91). The name was taken from what the London crowd was chanting that night, which is why the folks in the Point where chanting it that night too. Seeing as you mention it... ;)

My database of knowledge on FNM and its' corresponding projects is borderline sad! :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

Remember Patton getting a bit pissed off when the whole stadium started chanting "you fat bastard!". .

Didn't he encourage that chant?

Remember Patton getting a bit pissed off when the whole stadium started chanting "you fat bastard!".
    Patton can just be like that. I don't think he'd really give a sh1te either way. It's a part of his charm or lack of.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,502 ✭✭✭defenderdude

gandalf wrote: »
    I then saw them when they played the Point with L7 and from what I remember of the gig they were excellent as well.

That wasnt yesterday!:D I saw em there also - great gig.

Advertisement