Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

For those about to chat...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

DenMan wrote: »
    Just to let everyone know that the official Tristania website will be up and running tomorrow (February 16). Can't wait.

http://www.tristania.com/
    Are they revamping it to promote a new album or something? Also, I see that Vibeke Stene left the band after the release of their last album in 2007. Have you heard the new singer?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭Nightwish

I've heard the new singer (Mary) and she's ok. I dont like her singing the old songs. IMO she butchered Angina and Beyond the Veil. She's good when singing the stuff from Ashes and Illumination.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,956 ✭✭✭DenMan

Yep, bang on there Nightwish. She is good, but she is no Vibeke. Had wanted to make the Wacken gig this year as they will be performing but tickets went in no time. Let's hope they will have other dates lined up in the near future.

Nightwish wrote: »
    I've heard the new singer (Mary) and she's ok. I dont like her singing the old songs. IMO she butchered Angina and Beyond the Veil. She's good when singing the stuff from Ashes and Illumination.
    That's good to hear, thanks for that. Hopefully there won't be a schism among Tristania fans the same way there was with Nightwish when Anette replaced Tarja :).

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭Pollythene Pam

I like the mosh pit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭Pollythene Pam

great website. Kept me amused for hours. Keep up the good work.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,962 ✭✭✭GhostInTheRuins

Anyone get any nice new albums lately?

I'm just after getting a huge big pile of cds from a guy I haven't seen in a long time, mostly Nightwish and Dream Theater stuff. I've wanted to get into Nightwish properly for a while now. More importantly, I hope I'll be able to rekindle my interest in Dream Theater again :cool:

I got Sirenia's new album the 13th Floor. The token new singer is pathetic. Good music though, if a little formulaic.

Nightwish wrote: »
    I got Sirenia's new album the 13th Floor. The token new singer is pathetic. Good music though, if a little formulaic.

That's unfortunate. I don't know a lot of their stuff but the one or two of their songs I've heard were good.

I was just checking out their wiki page, the new singer was a contestant on xfactor, that can't be a good sign.

She was on the Spanish xfactor. I wouldnt mind all that stuff, if she were a good singer, but true to Morten Velands recent form, he wouldnt know a good singer if she vomited on him.

• Advertisement

Anyone get any nice new albums lately?
    I picked up an album by an American band called Luna Mortis last week and I was very impressed with it. They feature some fabulous guitar harmonies which, combined with a vocalist who both sings and growls very well, means that their sound veers effortlessly between being melodic and harsh. They were previously known at "The Ottoman Empire" which explains the different name on this video:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭damonjewel

who is lucutus? Just asking like

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

damonjewel wrote: »
    who is lucutus? Just asking like

Oldschool admin type.

Enjoying the Japrock btw?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,956 ✭✭✭DenMan

Bought Saxon and 'Into The Labyrinth'. "Batallions of Steel" and "Valley Of The Kings" are brilliant tracks. Really enjoying the album.

I should get that!

You heading to the gig at the end of April?

Oldschool admin type.

Enjoying the Japrock btw?

Really so is he alive or dead or not bothered? The Jap rock adventure is going really well shall update my thread soon

Really so is he alive or dead or not bothered
    Not bothered about what? If you're curious about what he posts about or where he posts you can check them by clicking through his profile.

I mean not bothered about this forum. seems weird? to be a mod and not really have much input in that particular forum unlike Karl for instance. Although I can completely appreciate the hands off approach. Not that there is much moderating needed in this forum, we're all rather civilised.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Meh, I've really no idea what the story is. He was category moderator for the Music section since the times before a music section, dunno if the admins just left him with the power for old times sake, or forgot, or that he's silently lurking, waiting for the chance to strike. Who's to say?

I mean not bothered about this forum. seems weird? to be a mod and not really have much input in that particular forum unlike Karl for instance. Although I can completely appreciate the hands off approach. Not that there is much moderating needed in this forum, we're all rather civilised.
    But you see, Karl Hungus is such an awesomely fantabulous moderator that we don't need anyone else to keep us in line :). You're right also when you say that we're quite civilised. Compared to other forums on here there seems to be a very low plonker quota.
    he's silently lurking, waiting for the chance to strike.
    Anyone else thinking of this:
    jaws.jpg

• Advertisement

malice_ wrote: »
    Compared to other forums on here there seems to be a very low plonker quota.

Amen to that!

Nea wrote: »
    Kevin Kilbane has moved to Hull City. Therefore he should play weekly football and will keep his spot in the Irish squad. Currently on 92 caps another 10 he will beat Stan to be Irelands most capped player.We will then qualify for the World Cup and even throughout a bad recession it will bring the country together in harmony. We all sit around sharing a pint with six straws watching the boys in green in pubs countrywide.Go on Killer!!!!

Poor old Killer decided that Irelands qualifying run needed some spicing up

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 jellyfingers

heya, newly single rock chick from dublin, any single guys out there up for a chat :D im 28 years young, no tatts , 17 piercings, on bebo and facebook :D:D weeeee

• Registered Users Posts: 6,144 ✭✭✭Passenger

heya, newly single rock chick from dublin, any single guys out there up for a chat :D im 28 years young, no tatts , 17 piercings, on bebo and facebook :D:D weeeee

You signed up to Metal.ie? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭Nea

Poor old Killer decided that Irelands qualifying run needed some spicing up
    Ah he made up for it last night with a good display (second half anyway) and a near miss.

Go on you boys in green!!!

Nea wrote: »
    Ah he made up for it last night with a good display (second half anyway) and a near miss.

Go on you boys in green!!!

Yep the boy done good, McShane could do with a good kick up the arse though

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,199 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Yep the boy done good, McShane could do with a good kick up the arse though

And general footballing skills

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Closed Accounts Posts: 293 ✭✭Cathy666

Lol

As above :p
    Single metal head from Dublin. 23 years young, 8 tattoos, also have 17 piercings. Loves Iron Maiden and Manowar. :P Lol.

Seriously though...I'm looking for a bit of advice.
    I was in Bruxelles on Sat night. I saw this guy in there, he was there the week before too. He's gorgeous.....but I didn't have the 'balls' to approach him. Which isn't like me at all :o Any advice on what I should say to him if he's there this Saturday?

Just in case he's a member here > Long, straight black hair. Sitting at a table on the left hand side (if you're walking out) of the door. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,144 ✭✭✭Passenger

Cathy666 wrote: »

Seriously though...I'm looking for a bit of advice.
    I was in Bruxelles on Sat night. I saw this guy in there, he was there the week before too. He's gorgeous.....but I didn't have the 'balls' to approach him. Which isn't like me at all :o Any advice on what I should say to him if he's there this Saturday?

Say hello, give him the eye and buy him a pint at the bar. That'll work.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 293 ✭✭Cathy666

Passenger wrote: »
    Say hello, give him the eye and buy him a pint at the bar. That'll work.

Thanks mate. Hopefully that'll work.
    I'll blame you if it all goes horribly wrong :p

Advertisement