Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The Faith No More Appreciation Thread

Options
1234568»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,969 ✭✭✭buck65

Red like a Chili Pepper?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,158 ✭✭✭frag420

frag420 wrote: »
    So is anyone going to see them this week in the UK. I am based in London and going on Thur night so if anyone is about for a beer......

Well last night was awesome!! What a gig!

The most worthwhile hangover I have ever had!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

Kev W wrote: »
    How in Christ's name can anyone come to that conclusion? Dismissing for a moment that RHCP are ****e, they sound absolutely nothing alike and FNM formed two years before RHCP.

Yeah, I know I'm responding to an oldish post but I just read that and saw red!

There's a bit of history between them. After the Real Thing was released Anthony Kiedis said "My drummer says he's gonna kidnap Mike Patton and shave his hair off and saw off one of his feet. Just so he'll be forced to find a style of his own". He also said something about watching the Epic video and thinking it was like looking in a mirror.

He also got Mr. Bungle taken off festivals back in '99 or '00 that they were headlining because Patton took the piss out of them or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,536 ✭✭✭Kev W

There's a bit of history between them. After the Real Thing was released Anthony Kiedis said "My drummer says he's gonna kidnap Mike Patton and shave his hair off and saw off one of his feet. Just so he'll be forced to find a style of his own". He also said something about watching the Epic video and thinking it was like looking in a mirror.

He also got Mr. Bungle taken off festivals back in '99 or '00 that they were headlining because Patton took the piss out of them or something.

I don't imagine there's a great many things that Anthony Kiedis doesn't think is like looking in a mirror.

Last night's performance from Hellfest

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 763 ✭✭✭Nephilim Wolf

It's a very very good album. I really love most of the album except for 'Black Friday'. It's just quite a weak song compared to the rest of the album. Otherwise it's a very strong album. Obviously it doesn't quite compare to the incredible 'Angel Dust' album, but at least it's a good one. Mike Patton has still great vocals too. I don't know why they haven't done proper music videos for both 'Superhero' and 'Motherf**ker'. Have they stopped making music videos altogether now or what?

Cool performance from the BBC recently. Apparently they played Matador too but that isn't included for some reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Bumping this as there's some good news on the horizon, according to Roddy the band are writing new material.
    Yeah, that's fair to say. Yes. Absolutely.

I will periodically go to San Francisco and make music with those guys. What we do is a really special, unique thing that we kind of share - especially like me and Mike Bordin and Billy… We were super young - we were, like, 18, 19 years old and when we started making music, so we kind of get in the room and we have a language that speaks really loud and really clear, at least to the three of us. I mean, where it goes is questionable, but we have sort of a language that's kind of undeniable, a really sort of family sense.

I think we all acknowledge that it's not something that any of us wanna turn our backs on, and it's kind of fun to do," he adds. "So in the hopes of pushing things forward and making new music, we continue to do that, to like get together and make new sounds and just have a dialogue about prospects and songs and where we go in the future

http://loudwire.com/faith-no-more-are-absolutely-working-new-music/?fbclid=IwAR3hftdgczr5ycuTIaq1YvLlWuBlsJ631nryL1GbMGjIzHUbZp-AD2pW-a8

• Registered Users Posts: 6,348 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Countdown clock gone up on their website runs down on Tuesday.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,140 ✭✭✭fyfe79

Countdown clock gone up on their website runs down on Tuesday.

7PM this evening..... also the same time as announcements for Sunstroke and Hellfest! :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

fyfe79 wrote: »
    7PM this evening..... also the same time as announcements for Sunstroke and Hellfest! :eek:

That Sunstroke Line-up!

Grayditch wrote: »
    That Sunstroke Line-up!

Deftones too apparently!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Killing Joke and Helmet. J&MC, jaysus.

FNM confirmed for Sunstroke!!

Gotta sell my download tickets now haha

• Registered Users Posts: 6,144 ✭✭✭Passenger

FNM confirmed for Sunstroke!!

Gotta sell my download tickets now haha

Anybody got a link to the news?

Passenger wrote: »
    Anybody got a link to the news?

FNM.com

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,692 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

Early bird tickets are now on sale. They aren't selling individual day tickets, only two day tickets. But when will we see FNM in Ireland again?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,911 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Got a pair of standing for Manchester Apollo this morning, presale sold out in seconds.
    Gonna get the old crew together, probably will get very messy

• Registered Users Posts: 9,575 ✭✭✭lord lucan

Got a ticket for the 2nd Brixton show that was added this morning, delighted with that. Probably do the Saturday at Punchestown and see them twice in a week.

lord lucan wrote: »
    Got a ticket for the 2nd Brixton show that was added this morning, delighted with that. Probably do the Saturday at Punchestown and see them twice in a week.

tried for that too, was sold out when I went online!! Gutted again!

• Advertisement

tried for that too, was sold out when I went online!! Gutted again!

I got lucky, couldn't get anything for the first Brixton show but I reckon a lot of people didn't hear of the 2nd show until later.

lord lucan wrote: »

Was even luckier, got 2 for manchester.

Was supposed to be quite a few of us going and getting messy but apparently i was the only 1 who got tickets.

Think it sold out in seconds this morning, still unsure over punchestown

scudzilla wrote: »
    Was even luckier, got 2 for manchester.

Was supposed to be quite a few of us going and getting messy but apparently i was the only 1 who got tickets.

Think it sold out in seconds this morning, still unsure over punchestown

The first Brixton show had no standing literally seconds after 10.00 this morning,the usual Ticketmaster shenanigans.

Extra date added, Tuesday 9th June, Manchester Apollo

All proceeds for the australian fires, tickets on sale tomorrow 9am

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,692 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

Very sad to read about the latest cancellations of gigs due to Mike Patton suffering from mental health issues. Hopefully he gets the help and time he needs to heal and get back to what he loves doing most.

Advertisement