Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Harrys Future

• 08-02-2012 7:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭

Is Harry set to leave us,something on sky sports at the min about England manager resigning and Harry is the next one in line?.

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

Capello gone, looks like harry will be leaving the lane any day now :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,374 ✭✭✭Saab Ed

I don't like this. Mind you bring on Jose :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

Hatch99 wrote: »
    Capello gone, looks like harry will be leaving the lane any day now :mad:
    I think Harry will stay on till May with us and take over for the Euros only one match between then and now.

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭DamienKilmurray

Fabio Capello has just resigned as England manager, and this comes on the same day that Harry is cleared of all charges. Is this all a bit coincidental??

• Company Representative Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Gamesnash.ie: Pat

This might work in our favour. If they need to fill the vacancy now and Levy can rightly refuse to release him mid season it may be filled before he is available.

Actually - I've a funny feeling Capello was forced out now that Redknapp is in the clear. We may well be fecked.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭Salt001

NO NO NO NO NO ,say it aint so.
    Would he leave now though with Spurs doing so well?.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭Leinstersqspur

I'd imagine he'll take over at the end of the season. Capello obviously wasn't hanging around until then.

In the meantime Levy will be licking his lips. He can attract a top tier manager and hold the FA to ransom for the Harry's services.... £20m please!

#coys!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 442 ✭✭Emoran

Next 48 hours is going to be absolute chaos for us in the media !!

Waiting for a statement from tottenham about Harry any minute :(

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭leonards

just when things where looking good :(

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Conzea

Two names in the frame methinks.

Harry Redknapp - Publics favourite, Bookie's favourite and probably the best candidate. It would also make that overseas bank account's balance a littler healthier. However the FA will have to pay spurs a BIG FAT wad of money in compensation.

Jose Mourinho - Highly qualified and never shy to express his respect, admiration and love for English football and their fans *cough* Bull**** *cough*. The only stumbling block is that the special one is currently managing a small Sunday League club callled Real Madrid or something like that.

I want to be first one to say:
    Stan for England?

• Advertisement

When I was listening to Harrys interview on SSN earlier today outside the court in London, he said

"He knew this case should never have come to court and I have to thank the fans at Tottenham.

"The other night, at the Wigan game, was the most moving I've ever felt. For me, personally, to have them singing my name throughout the game, while all this was going on, will always be special to me and I'll never forget that.

I thought to myself at the time that it sounded a bit like a goodbye. I think that the F.A stripped Terry of the captaincy so that they would force Capello into resigning. It`s very coincidental that all this is happening at the same time as the end of Harrys courtcase??

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,081 Mod ✭✭✭✭ziedth

I can see him going this week even after all his talk about never forgetting how the spurs fans stood by him at the Wigan game.

If he stays till May I'd really have no ill feeling towards hiim but if he up sticks now I wont be a happy bunny.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,727 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

Taking over England a few weeks before a major champs can't work for the FA, so you'd have to think he'd go sooner rather than later.

Ideally if he is to go its at the end of the season and we have the summer to line up a replacement.

Jose 4/1 Moyes 7/1 ish

http://www.oddschecker.com/football/football-specials/england-specials/next-permanent-manager

http://www.oddschecker.com/football/football-specials/tottenham-specials/next-permanent-manager

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,081 Mod ✭✭✭✭ziedth

In theory it is the kind of thing he can do part-time till May and leave then. i could liive with that

• Company Representative Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Gamesnash.ie: Pat

ziedth wrote: »
    In theory it is the kind of thing he can do part-time till May and leave then. i could liive with that

Seems to be the best way forward for everyone.

Harry gets the job he wants and to be fair deserves.
    FA get their new manager in place.
    We get Harry until the end of the season - it's a minor distraction to be doing the england job on the side to be fair.
    Levy gets to negotiate a big compensation package from the FA.

All that said - I hope he doesn't go.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,374 ✭✭✭Saab Ed

Right so, its now a question of who our next manager will be. Can't be a Hughes or an O'Neill. It's got to be onward and upwards. Can we really think about Jose. Could we really win the league with him and 50 million quid.

Nervy 48 hours for us. Less we get the right man then luca and the like could be off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

capello resigns the same day that harry gets cleared !! what a massive co-incidence.

The england job is harrys, plain and simple. He will leave spurs on a massive high, with the fans singing his name and calling him one of the best spurs managers ever.

If he wants the job then i wish him the best, i really have loved having him in charge, he has been a breath of fresh air for the club and most importantly he has instilled confidence and a winning mentality at the lane, something we havent had in many a year.

The worst thing that could happen now is that harry accepts the job but wont take it up until the summer but we dont have a replacement yet, this would be a disaster scenario. THe lads would drop the heads and start to look at moving.

If we signed up a top manager in the next few weeks then that would be the best scenario for us. Harry would go out with a bang and the lads would want to impress the new world class manager.

Massive times again for us!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 22,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

As much as i don't want him to leave, i can't really blame him if he does. He's said it many times before that he considers England the pinnacle of any English managers career. Even if he does though, it won't be yet. He'll do both jobs for a while i'd say, even if one is unofficial.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 22,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

If he did go, who could we get in? Are there many good managers available?

• Registered Users Posts: 524 ✭✭✭richardjjd

Kiith wrote: »
    If he did go, who could we get in? Are there many good managers available?

To manage the team 3rd in the Premiership with one of the most exciting squads in Europe? I'd say we could name who we want. Harry 3/4 time until season end and then Mourinho anyone?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭BERBA

richardjjd wrote: »
    To manage the team 3rd in the Premiership with one of the most exciting squads in Europe? I'd say we could name who we want. Harry 3/4 time until season end and then Mourinho anyone?

i'd say Levy would throw a bag of cash at Mourinho to spend on players. Its his salary that could be the problem. Isnt he on something like 10m net in Spain per season?

Hiddink might be available to replace Harry short term?

mickman wrote: »
    capello resigns the same day that harry gets cleared !! what a massive co-incidence.

The worst thing that could happen now is that harry accepts the job but wont take it up until the summer but we dont have a replacement yet, this would be a disaster scenario. THe lads would drop the heads and start to look at moving.

I agree that this would not be an ideal scenario and it would disrupt the squad. If he wants the job let him go now and try to get a replacement in quickly.

If we signed up a top manager in the next few weeks then that would be the best scenario for us. Harry would go out with a bang and the lads would want to impress the new world class manager.

There will be no world class managers available at this time of the season and the only high profile manager that is available at the moment is Guus Hiddink, if he is considered world class?

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

FA Chairman just spotted entering a bank in Monaco

The only good thing going for us is that Harry can`t write as he`s said himself. So how can he write a resignation letter to Levy or fill out the FA`s application form !!:D

Funny that Ancelotti was waiting for the spurs job but got bored a month later he could of had it :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭Leinstersqspur

My money says Levy already has the replacement lined up and has the deal done with Harry to stay on until the end of the season.

Ancelotti probably didn't make the cut:D Mourinho leaving Real in the summer:eek:

Big risk but I'd love to see Chris Hughton get the job!

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭bogtreader

I wished Ancellotti had have waited he knew the lie of the land with Harry and the England job.I wouldnt like Mourhino taking over he wants the United Job

Mourinho is 2/1 fav to be next Spurs Manager on SkyBet with Harry being 2/7 for England job.

https://www.skybet.com/football/manager-specials

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,592 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

I agree that this would not be an ideal scenario and it would disrupt the squad. If he wants the job let him go now and try to get a replacement in quickly.

There will be no world class managers available at this time of the season and the only high profile manager that is available at the moment is Guus Hiddink, if he is considered world class?

Very good point.
    If HR is confirmed as the next England manager in the next week or so, then we need to have our replacement lined up and announced so that the players are incentivised to push on for the rest of the season so that we finish as high as possible, keep the players we have and attract top players in the summer.

A worst case scenario would be no manager lined up, a summer of uncertainity and some 2nd rate manager put in place after the Euro's.

Or worse, so 2nd rate manager like McCLaren announced now..

Advertisement