Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

employer didn't pay

• 05-03-2011 2:40am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 28

I work for this company for 2 months. My wages is paid monthly. They didn't pay me first month claiming that they didn't have my contract. They paid second month of my wages and forgot to paid my first month. They said they do not have this kind of system that records what they have paid or not. I just find this is full of crap. So now I need to go labour commissioner for help. But they problem is they said they will pay me next month. Do I need to wait for them or just quit and sue? I don't think its possible to sue since the amount is not that much. But if I call labour commissioner, they will probably ask me to wait for next month. So what do I do? If they case is found due to my employer negligence, how much maximum damage can I sue them for? I only work part time.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

I can't see the labour commissioner being much as they haven't refused to pay you they are just really late.

If you can approach your manager hr and ask for a sub of the money and you'll pay them back when you get paid from payroll. In most big companies there is a system for this esp if you are paid monthly.

If you do get a sub, get all the terms in writing, as in how much was given and when it was to paid back.

If you don't ask you'll never know.... I would not quit, you wont be entitled for benefits for 9 weeks if you do.

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭redz11

This isn't "employer negligence".

I fail to see how you could sue them for anything. Sorry to disappoint.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 jamimon

I know many employers are doing this late payment now to their employees to delay payment as much as possible to pay the creditors. They just do that intentionally and pretend to forget or whatnot. I won't entitle for any benefit anyway, I'm not fulltime and I do not receive any benefit, and I do not wish to continue my employment with dishonest people. The working condition is really bad where employers now can do anything "unintentionally". I guess I just have to suck it up for 3 months and get the hell out of this country.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Kazvixen

Is it possible that you are working a back month? Most jobs pay you in arrears and if your contract states that you get paid monthly then you could be working a back month.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 jamimon

Nope. They paid me second month but not the first. They said they "don't have this kind of system to remind them of what they owe/pay." They even took out my uniform fees where I didn't even agree because I already have them. If you have common sense you will know this is all just to delay the money as much as possible, or maybe I forget, which I didn't.

• Advertisement
Advertisement