Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

So Where Will You Be? [survivor Map]

• 02-02-2009 10:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 783 ✭✭✭Kromdar

I was looking into starting a Google maps-powered reference map to put either "where i'm going to fortify come z-day" locations or "this is a good resource point for scavenging".

it seems pretty easy, and embeds in a forum/web page etc.
    i'll start by doing the parts of Dublin i know, but i'm fairly sure you can place markers anywhere.

if there's interest i'll set it up good and proper, so everyone on this forum can access it.

K

Updated per user request: Survivors Click Here!

Comments

• Sounds good to me, but I think that some of us will have locations identified that they won't want to divulge! ;):p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,866 ✭✭✭Adam

Sounds good to me, but I think that some of us will have locations identified that they won't want to divulge! ;):p
    i'll show you mine if you show me yours

• Registered Users Posts: 10,523 ✭✭✭✭Nerin

awesome idea kromdar :)
    Sounds good to me, but I think that some of us will have locations identified that they won't want to divulge! ;):p
    true, i shall be very picky about who i bring to the post apocalyptic fortress in the wildlands :D

• Mirror wrote: »
    i'll show you mine if you show me yours

Sorry Mirror, a secret shared and all that...! ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,866 ✭✭✭Adam

Sorry Mirror, a secret shared and all that...! ;)
    what secret? my penis went public years ago!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,837 ✭✭✭S.I.R

me...

ill be in my car...

drivin'through them, should that fail i have this to fend them off with...

http://ie.youtube.com/watch?v=x22yNaLdiGA
    KNIFE WRENCH !!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

sounds like a cool idea. Ill have to put a few dummy place marks though. Just in case the feckers are using boards to gather intel.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭LD 50

I think it'd take a long time for them to develop that kind of awareness, a la Land of the Dead. And Boards would be long down by then. Either that or kept up by an armed contingent in an underground bunker to use as an information on zeds numbers and locations, safe zones and weapon caches

• Registered Users Posts: 783 ✭✭✭Kromdar

here's the link.

i've marked a few places in dublin, however you can basically zoom out to the world, if needs be.

also, this isn't a 'here's my secret base' map, moreover, a list of places where you know useful supplies are, for example i've marked off heiton's yard [a builder's providers yard] and the esplanade [civil defense training yard] where there's military trucks, jeeps, first aid kit, etc.

remember, if you work in a city, but don't live there, the resources could come in handy to other people. i've yet to figure out how to allow other people to edit it, so bare with me...

K

• Registered Users Posts: 1,558 ✭✭✭SmileyPaul

most secondary schools are probably great places, st. pauls college is where Ill be at once I've got weapons and food and whatnot,
    anyone wanna come?
    (its situated just off st annes park in raheny with 3 meter tall walls around it ) XD

• Advertisement

SmileyPaul wrote: »
    most secondary schools are probably great places, st. pauls college is where Ill be at once I've got weapons and food and whatnot,
    anyone wanna come?
    (its situated just off st annes park in raheny with 3 meter tall walls around it ) XD

entering a secondary school with weapons...
    when has that gone bad in the past? :p

i for one wont be fleeing from zombie hell,back to a hell i got out of years ago :cool:

I think everyone will mention their old secondary school. in fairness, they are usually surrounded by fences or walls, have a cafeteria and science labs, workshops and the like. plus desks and lockers make for easy barricades.
    SmileyPaul wrote: »
    anyone wanna come?

I'm heading to nolans! has more food, big gate, pharmacy and a hardware store. i'll pop in and visit ya! lol

i updated the drawing to allow anyone who has the link to edit it. try to stick to the format i've listed in the description, or if you come up with a better one let me know.

• Registered Users Posts: 795 ✭✭✭smegmar

Added

Cathal Bruagh Barracks (Rathmines)
    UCD. will do more when I have time.

note
    you need to sign into your Gmail account to edit map

• Registered Users Posts: 5,856 ✭✭✭Valmont

I will be in the depths of the Alaskan interior. No zombies will ever be active up there as they will be frozen for 7 months of the year.

Kromdar wrote: »
    I think everyone will mention their old secondary school. in fairness, they are usually surrounded by fences or walls, have a cafeteria and science labs, workshops and the like. plus desks and lockers make for easy barricades.

I'm heading to nolans! has more food, big gate, pharmacy and a hardware store. i'll pop in and visit ya! lol

might head down to ya once i've got a couple of power tools from the school :)
    Ill supply the weapons you supply everything else a'ight?

sorry for double posting but could we have this stickied?
    its an excellent idea looking at it closely, gives people options in their local areas :)

and i really doubt many people will "steal other peoples hidey holes, if your hot your welcome to share mine ;)

haha

• +1 to the sticky idea. Don't want this thread to disappear into the mists of old threads!

Kromdar, kudos to you, this idea really works well!

Consider it stickied. I'll probably do it at 10 or so.

• Nerin wrote: »
    Consider it stickied. I'll probably do it at 10 or so.

Good man, Nerin! :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,865 ✭✭✭✭January

Phoenix Park.
    Resources:
    Deer Herd.Veg growing places.Zoo animals for eating

Safehouses:
    Embassies and gatekeepers houses.

Outposts:
    Magazine Fort.

Advantages:
    Enclosed all around.Lockable gates.Treehouses can be built.The zoo for locking up zombie specimens.

Theres room for all of us zombie hating boardsies :)

Phoenix Park.
    Resources:
    Deer Herd.Veg growing places.Zoo animals for eating

Safehouses:
    Embassies and gatekeepers houses.

Outposts:
    Magazine Fort.

Advantages:
    Enclosed all around.Lockable gates.Treehouses can be built.The zoo for locking up zombie specimens.

Theres room for all of us zombie hating boardsies :)

I call the presidents room!

on a serious not, on the southside of the ha'penny bridge basicalle behind forbidden planet is a lovely fishing tackle shop

take a closer look and its a hunting store :D
    that's where Im gonna head if I dont get my aug
    more primitive but it'll be a start :)

Kromdar wrote: »
    here's the link.

can a mod stick this link or sentence onto the first post, to avoid confusion? also to say that

You must be logged in to a google mail account to edit it

thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 sell26.2

the bailey lighthouse in howth.
    jet way for boats

wide perimeter with unobstructed views for about 200 meters and then even more when your on the top of the lighthouse and only one land entrance that is a bottle neck.
    i think best place in dublin once you have the weapons and supplies, and then its just a quick boat ride into dublin city.

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭LorraineL

I'll be heading for Northern Russia. Nice and cold to keep the zombies' brains frozen, I'm sure the Russians have plenty of heavy artillary and more vodka than you can shake a stick at.

LorraineL wrote: »
    I'll be heading for Northern Russia. Nice and cold to keep the zombies' brains frozen, I'm sure the Russians have plenty of heavy artillary and more vodka than you can shake a stick at.

Novaya Zemlya

what happens though, if you stumble across a nice cosy cave and it's full of radioactive supermutants from all the nuclear tests?! take that, siberia.

ireland - the only place in the world were the weather is permanently 'meh'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 345 ✭✭Drunkmonkey79

I've made a place marker in a new map, how do i put it on the survival map?

I've made a place marker in a new map, how do i put it on the survival map?

you need to log in to your google account, then go to the url i posted. then click edit and place your marker in the map. i'm not sure about copying markers across from other maps.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 345 ✭✭Drunkmonkey79

I'll give it another go, i had tried that but couldn't get it to let me place a marker!?!

EDIT
    Got it working, now. . . . . Behold my jesus approved stronghold and possile commune plan!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭here.from.day.1

Maps cool! Saw the American embassy marker, Pros - Possible firearms, Cons - Possible Americans! :D

Advertisement