Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Well done

• 25-08-2014 10:10am
    Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭

Well done to the 39 Reserves who got their names sent to GHQ according to the Irish Independent this morning . Happy to say my brother was one of them and will miss him when he starts on the 8th

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 825 ✭✭✭3fullback

Link ? What is this about ?

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭tg123

Sorry cant post the link as I am new to the site . Check the article out in todays Independent

Sorry cant post the link as I am new to the site . Check the article out in todays Independent

925 Reserves completed the initial stage 329 made it to the top band with a further 369 in the other two bands. After interviews 39 names were sent to GHQ

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭Santa Cruz

tg123 wrote: »

925 Reserves completed the initial stage 329 made it to the top band with a further 369 in the other two bands. After interviews 39 names were sent to GHQ

So approximately 4% of the Reserves who applied have been successful to date.
    I wonder will the 96% stay on providing a service to the State and what percentage of the successful have relations who are senior officers.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 225 ✭✭Twas Not

Santa Cruz wrote: »
    I wonder will the 96% stay on providing a service to the State and what percentage of the successful have relations who are senior officers.

And what percentage of the 96% love eating sour grapes humbly?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,780 ✭✭✭carzony

329 would have been interviewed in the top band?.. Congrats to the 39 but does anyone else not think it's a very small number? considering it would have been an excellent talking point during the interview..

My brother served in the Reserve for 6 years and he reckons that his experience was a great asset when he got to the interview stage.

Am in the Reserve myself and the feeling among the lad and lass's I know is that they will stay. Who knows what might in the future. Speaking for myself I love it and will continue on until I can make the full time

I don't think 698 out of 1300 reserves in total getting to the advance stages is a bad thing. The number of applicants who initially applied was 18500. Not unusual in the past for people to apply 2 or three times before they finally made it. My brother was made an offer once before but couldn't take it because he was doing his masters. Now he is in going into training so he is happy out.

Figures are estimates on occasion, will hopefully help explain things. Graph attached.

• Advertisement

3fullback wrote: »
    Figures are estimates on occasion, will hopefully help explain things. Graph attached.

Cant argue with the numbers

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭Santa Cruz

Twas Not wrote: »
    And what percentage of the 96% love eating sour grapes humbly?
    That would be an ecumenical matter

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭Copaholic

there are 329 reserves scattered in BAND 1.

If the first class of 100 contains 39 reserves (39%), that's pretty good. lets hope that trend continues and they continue going through the bands.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Copaholic wrote: »

If the first class of 100 contains 39 reserves (39%), that's pretty good. lets hope that trend continues and they continue going through the bands.

Pretty sure it's 39/240 approx, in other words 39 of all that are waiting to enter Templemore whether called in the first group or waiting for a subsequent group to start. So approx 16%, still very good considering the amount that applied and still plenty of reserves in the running

Copaholic wrote: »

Actually only 236 in band 1 now, 329 got into it but only 328 sat the exam. So 92 reserves failed Stage 3 !

3fullback wrote: »
    Actually only 236 in band 1 now, 329 got into it but only 328 sat the exam. So 92 reserves failed Stage 3 !

Still a very high rate so he benefits of been a Reserve are a plus when going for the full time.

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭Copaholic

yes it does appear that the reserves are punching above their weight and deservedly so and will continue to do so during their training.

Advertisement