Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Laptop Screen Guarantee

• 13-01-2016 1:11am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,776 ✭✭✭

I bought a Dell laptop about 2and a half years ago and i had an issue with my Screen a black line about 2 inches long appeared, dell said the warranty was gone so i went to a Computer shop to get it fixed

Which cost me 130 euro apparently was a Samsung 15.6” Panel

After i got it home i noticed that there was a New black line on this screen in a different area i immediately rang the shop and i brought it back the guy took it in and it was replaced again

anyway three months has passed and the same issue arrived again different part of the screen i emailed them and got no response twice then i rang and left a message for her to get back to me which took two phone calls

i then brought it back to Jack and he said to leave it with him and he would get back later in the day,, but now he is saying that We called in our screen supplier to confirm that this was the case and he confirmed that nothing but physical damage will cause the black crack across the screen, which is visible even when the machine is switched off. It’s simply impossible for that crack to appear spontaneously.

Should i take this further i dont see why i should have to pay again as the screen was guaranteed for 12 months
    Was thinking of a SMall claims court any help or ideas appreciated

I have now noticed have noticed that when i close the lid on the right hand side there was a clicking sound i have just noticed there is a gap on the screen

i think these people havent a clue ? especially when i got it back last week and they had not connected the cable right and i was getting a white screen with omiting beeps .

and that black mark in photo is still on screen when its turned off

20160113_002100_zpsiojkldsy.jpg

http://i1030.photobucket.com/albums/y363/faolteam/20160113_002335_zpsvcgoqqtk.jpg

20160113_002335_zpsvcgoqqtk.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,270 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

what are we looking at in the first photo?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,776 ✭✭✭faolteam

Skerries wrote: »
    what are we looking at in the first photo?

Hi Skerries it's the casing that goes around the screen and that black mark is visible when screen is off I don't think they put casing on right as I said they had not connected it right and I had to go back again just a white screen making beeps

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 10,988 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

It looks to me like the hinges may not be working right and too much pressure is being put on the screen while opening the laptop. It could also be the screen wasn't fitted properly. The casing not being snapped into place correctly is a bit shoddy but doubt it caused the new issue. Out of interest was the issue previously with the black line in the same part of the screen? Prior to the repair?

Nick

• Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭Etnies

Either your back cover is bent and the screws holding the LCD in are causing the LCD itself to bend,

or there is something on the inside of the back cover pressing into the LCD from the back.

To get that many screens fail of what can only be physical damage is very strange.

The bezel coming apart happens after you've taking it apart so many times, most of the Dell's have glue on the inside of the bezel which obviously wears off after a while.

If I was you I'd take the screen out and check the back of it for damage, pull off the bezel and take out the 4 screws take you 5 mins, also check the screws on the hinges are correctly tightened

yoyo wrote: »
    It looks to me like the hinges may not be working right and too much pressure is being put on the screen while opening the laptop. It could also be the screen wasn't fitted properly. The casing not being snapped into place correctly is a bit shoddy but doubt it caused the new issue. Out of interest was the issue previously with the black line in the same part of the screen? Prior to the repair?

Nick

it was originally in a similar area, then when i got it back next day there was dots againg coming up to make a line which they fixed straight away they also said they only use Samsung Screens

• Advertisement

Thanks for the info Etnies i would love to do what your saying take screen off trust me id break it,

if you know anybody or can help i just want to get it fixed i just dont trust this crowd particulary when i got the laptop back last week and the guy in the shop clearly stated someone did not connect it right

• Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭Etnies

Well you don't want to pay for another screen, cause it could just happen again.

Whats the service tag?

no i dont want to

but at this stage i have to get it sorted

hoping someone here might help thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 36,161 ✭✭✭✭ED E

IMO sound like the lid isnt supporting the LCD or is warping it, time to replace the entire assembly from hinges upward IMO.

ED E wrote: »
    IMO sound like the lid isnt supporting the LCD or is warping it, time to replace the entire assembly from hinges upward IMO.

Wouldnt you think that the computer shop who put the creen in would have picked up on that ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36,161 ✭✭✭✭ED E

faolteam wrote: »
    Wouldnt you think that the computer shop who put the creen in would have picked up on that ?

Maybe, depends on the place.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭Snowbat

I agree with ED E's diagnosis. Assuming they offered to repair your computer (not change the screen only), they *should* have identified this problem.

http://www.consumerhelp.ie/small-claims

they keep saying its physical damage well if the screen isnt supporting the LCD or is warping it, well them this would be causing the Physical Damage

Advertisement