Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Brooklyn Nine-Nine [Fox]

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

I guffawed multiple times at that episode. Strong start to the season.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,412 ✭✭✭squonk

Great so far and picked up where it left off on Season 1. Quality!

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Bone Bro's :)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Yeah, great to see the standard hasn't dropped... Easily the best sitcom out there at the moment...

Shame the ratings are on a downward spiral - hopefully it'll keep winning awards and that'll be enough for Fox to keep renewing it...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,077 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

Yeah, great to see the standard hasn't dropped... Easily the best sitcom out there at the moment...

Shame the ratings are on a downward spiral - hopefully it'll keep winning awards and that'll be enough for Fox to keep renewing it...

Yeah its a great show,what are the ratings like are they that bad tho?

• Advertisement

It did fairly well for the evening given the competition it had on NBC vis-à-vis the 'football'. It didn't do too much worse than Famiky Guy actually.

It did fairly well for the evening given the competition it had on NBC vis-à-vis the 'football'. It didn't do too much worse than Famiky Guy actually.

If it can continue to keep those numbers then it should be fine, but I'd worry that if it continues to drop it may be in trouble. It's still too early to get too caught up in ratings though - you never know, it could take an upswing yet...

Seriously have to wonder about ratings really if this show is dropping! It's quality. Family Guy should be dropping, the Simpsons should be dropping. Both those shows are going through the motions at this stage. B99 is clever and new and still cutting it's teeth.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Don't know.. I like the show but don't get the same amount of laughs from it as some other shows in their prime (P&R etc).

Gina still gets on my nerves and find Boyle a bit one-dimensional. Though Terry ticking as an "unattended backpack" did make me laugh harder than it should have! :D

Don't get me wrong.. it's well worth watching, but it's not the first comedy I'd watch each week!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭SherlockWatson

Love the heist episodes, so well done.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,368 ✭✭✭IvaBigWun

This looks good. Is it on any of the Netflix?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,368 ✭✭✭IvaBigWun

Found it on the Canadian one.

Hmmmm. I was expecting better lads. I'll give it another few episodes though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

IvaBigWun wrote: »
    Found it on the Canadian one.

Hmmmm. I was expecting better lads. I'll give it another few episodes though

It definitely gets better, though I liked the early episodes too.

The Halloween episode was brilliant. Loved it.

The Halloween episode was brilliant. Loved it.
    The set-up was predictable, but the way they carried it out was epic.

I still really like the show but I don't feel I'm getting the same buzz off it as I did last season. That's not saying I want to see it gone, far from it. I guess though I was rooting for it last year hoping it'd get a renewal. It's pretty safe now. Gina is starting to become a little annoying though but she's still funny!

For me the show is like that blanket you have for when it's cold or when you know you shouldn't ha r that slice of cake but do anyways. The show is comfort TV, easy to watch fun that will keep you entertained for 22 minutes and leave you with a smile in your face. It's not the funniest show or the smartest or most original but it is fun and sometimes that's all you need.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,348 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

squonk wrote: »
    I still really like the show but I don't feel I'm getting the same buzz off it as I did last season. That's not saying I want to see it gone, far from it. I guess though I was rooting for it last year hoping it'd get a renewal. It's pretty safe now. Gina is starting to become a little annoying though but she's still funny!
    I feel the exact same way. Or at least I think I do.

Maybe the show just hasn't reached the heights of the later part of last season. I must reach the birthday party episode as I thought that was the funniest episode of TV I'd seen in a long time.

• Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭Kilkenny14

Captain Holt is reaching Ron Swanson level's of awesome. His "Is everything ok?" speech was brilliant.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

Is this available on sky or Netflix by any chance?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

Duffff-Man wrote: »
    Is this available on sky or Netflix by any chance?

First series is on Canadian Netflix. Might be on 4oD because it was on e4/c4 in UK, not 100% sure about that though.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

It's on somewhere, my brother is watching it and he wouldn't be one for having the technical aptitude for ahem getting tv shows the way alot of us here would ahem.

I'm really enjoying the series, it's the perfect easy to watch 22 minutes that I actually do miss when it skips a week. Laughs may not be as consistent or hearty as last year but when it works it really does so and when it doesn't its never less than fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

Can we all just agree to give Andre Braugher all the Emmy's now?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

Thought the most recent episode was the weakest so far.

They're over-emphasizing the quirks of certain characters, i.e Santiago and need to lay off that before they become parodies of themselves. Santiago and even dare I say it The Captain were a bit too over the top in "Jake and Sofia", as was Boyle to a lesser extent.

Hopefully just a small blip.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Can we all just agree to give Andre Braugher all the Emmy's now?

Agreed, his level of seriousness is just comedic in comparison to actual comedians in the show is great. Really made me laugh!

• Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭Morpork

xxLByfM.gif

I was going to make this exact thing, but then I realised the internet existed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,387 ✭✭✭Cina

The Captain bouncing on the workout ball.

Best thing ever?

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭skinnie

Cina wrote: »
    The Captain bouncing on the workout ball.

*bounce bounce* I'm just trying to get to the printer *bounce bounce*

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭Morpork

Made this to amuse myself. Can't upload it due to copyright claims, but it'll still plays in a YouTube player thanks to Google Drive. :)

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B49_r19OgerPaG12Z1FtTnNVX00/view?usp=sharing

Advertisement