Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Festina lente

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭pistol_75

Who are you again? :D

Was just about to ask the same question. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭RayCun

75 minutes around UCD (track well on the way to car park status) and home Wednesday
    45 minutes into work today

• Registered Users Posts: 3,156 ✭✭✭jcsmum

Who are you again? :D
    pistol_75 wrote: »
    Was just about to ask the same question. ;)

I can't say that doesn't hurt a little bit :(:rolleyes:

Tymonated an hour

• Registered Users Posts: 6,621 ✭✭✭ThebitterLemon

Hey Ray,

Your log updates are becoming even more terse and esoteric, why not do away with words and sentences altogether and use emoticons and we'll figure out the rest :)

TbL

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,642 ✭✭✭TRR

Hey Ray,

Your log updates are becoming even more terse and esoteric, why not do away with words and sentences altogether and use emoticons and we'll figure out the rest :)

TbL

315049.jpg
    ;)

TRR wrote: »
    315049.jpg
    ;)

You've very girlie hands there TRR, from all your exploits I had imagined you'd be, well, more manly :)

TbL

75 ish minutes, including about 25 minutes of hills. My walking alarm clocks are getting very lazy, waking up too late to wake me up in time for my run. my feet are pretty sore too when I wake up, kind of crampy feeling in the soles?

RayCun wrote: »
    75 ish minutes, including about 25 minutes of hills. My walking alarm clocks are getting very lazy, waking up too late to wake me up in time for my run. my feet are pretty sore too when I wake up, kind of crampy feeling in the soles?

TbL

trip down to Mayo for a family reunion (not even my family! :p ) yesterday, and back today. So today's run was 30 minutes of sweating on the dreadmill, and the rest of the day was spent driving, with a stop every hour to limp around - my knees do not like driving...

• Advertisement

50-55 minutes home yesterday
    45 minutes very easy into work this morning

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,642 ✭✭✭TRR

RayCun wrote: »
    trip down to Mayo for a family reunion (not even my family! :p ) yesterday, and back today. So today's run was 30 minutes of sweating on the dreadmill, and the rest of the day was spent driving, with a stop every hour to limp around - my knees do not like driving...

I have the exact same problem. Only developed the last 6 months or so. Ah crap I'm getting old like you now!

Tuesday 400s are over - and I only did them once! - replaced with Tuesday tempos. 2 x 20 with a 5 minute recovery. Finally caved and ordered a replacement garmin, I might not use it for most training but I miss it in longer sessions and races

70/75 minutes around UCD and home.
    Feeling fragile at the moment. As well as the sore base of foot (which I've diagnosed as plantar fasciitis - yay!), all around the ankle and achilles is off, spreading up into my shin on the right. First massage in ages on friday evening, let's hope it helps...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,370 ✭✭✭pconn062

You seem to be having a proliferation of niggles recently Ray, have you any indication why? Form or just the effects of training?

old age :pac:
    and I think its easy to get into a cycle where a problem in one area leads to overcompensation somewhere else, which causes a problem there
    it's not like I'm pushing into the red in training, my sleep and diet is reasonably good, and I do a fair amount of flexibility work and cross training.
    I'm just a crock :)

Speaking of sleep, I was in bed by 9 last night, asleep soon after, and this morning was a very slow jog in to work, about 45 minutes

club session this evening was a bootcamp. I said grand, no running, I'll do that
    just before leaving home I decided I was too sore, changed out of shorts and put on a tracksuit, but went down anyway
    then decided it looked like fun, so did it anyway, and sweated a few buckets
    then went straight from there to a meeting :p

(PVincent was doing a deck of cards camp - draw a card, 6 Diamonds means 6 push-ups, 5 Clubs is 5 Burpees etc. First card, 9 Hearts - 9 squats. Second card, 9 hearts. :confused::confused::confused: Third card.... hang on, they're ALL 9 hearts. He'd brought a trick deck :pac: )

TRR wrote: »
    I have the exact same problem. Only developed the last 6 months or so. Ah crap I'm getting old like you now!

you should keep an eye on this actually, thinking back, this was the first symptom of the knee problems I had last spring. They went from sore on long drives to sore on short drives to sore all the ****ing time :mad:

hmmm... sticking to my mantra WWMSD, WWMSD, WWMSD... but it is getting harder...

Massage on Friday hurt like **** :eek: Interesting display of how right-sde dominant I am - when he was working on my right leg, because it was basically pinned, my lower body was limp. When he was working on my left leg, my right leg was free so it was lifting off the table. Knots all over my calves and hamstrings, very tender around the achilles, so now I have some fancy blue sellotape on my left heel #realrunner :cool:

Saturday - no running :pac: barely walking!

this morning - went for the hill session rather than a long run. Tired and low on motivation even on the jog up, stiff on the way back, not particularly impressive during the session itself...

Plan is a parkrun next week, 5k the week after, Frank Duffy 10 two weeks after that, but I am not bursting with optimism about any of them. WWMSD, WWMSD, WWMSD....

45 minutes home from work. Feeling almost human again, still a bit weak around the ankles. Will have to move to phase 2: chasing magpies! :)

• Advertisement

Jezus Ray,

That post is positively loquacious :)

Have you decided whether your going to do another marathon and if so what sort of time will you be targeting?

TbL

mmm, big question. I've entered Dublin, but I'm not thinking that far ahead. Will see how training goes (and see if tbb calls me up for a team :)) No point in running if its not for a PB!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,054 ✭✭✭theboyblunder

Oh youre running. Fast too :). Less bootcampie more LSRie please.

Tennis ball. For tennis, naturally.

Yes boss!

slow jog into work this morning
    Tempo Tuesday this evening. Got my Garmin today, so I can tell you the first 20 minutes were at 3.53 pace, the second 20 at 4.03. Something to build on anyway...

longish run home from work on Wednesday, just over 70 minutes
    slow jog in on Thursday, about 50
    easy run this morning, 45 minutes
    and tbb wants me to toughen up, so has sent me some exercises that will either make me stronger or remove my dead weight from the team :eek:

Friday, easy run up around Tymon, just over 45
    Saturday, up to Tymon again for a parkrun. My third parkrun, and I've continued my run of picking days when no-one else turns up, so this time it was me chasing the bike. Got a lift home from the glamour couple so missed the medal presentation - I assume it will be posted out with my winnings?
    Today, in and out of the Tymon fields, 1.43. Felt pretty tired on this - not tired legs, just general tiredness. Don't think summer agrees with me :rolleyes: But at least the second half of the run was faster than the first, maybe its taking me (much) longer to warm up :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭overpronator

Well done on the win!

Well Ray are we continuing with the taciturn approach or are you just been modest! What time did you do?

TbL

• Advertisement

18.56, so nothing to get excited about :)
    At least with the bike in front it didn't feel completely like a time trial, but there were no runners around after the first k

Advertisement