Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kingdoms of Amalur

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Big Knox wrote: »
    Fair play, how long was your play through? Sounds like you done alot of the sidequests!!

I've said it before but the difficulty is really annoying me, on hard it's still shockingly easy. Not once has the game shown any form of difficulty. The challenge is non existent and it really takes away from the overall experience. Fair enough i'm not expecting a Dark Souls style experience but on Hard it should at least challenge you, I should be dying and reloading fights having got it wrong first time around but this just doesn't happen unfortunately.

Hopefully a respec will help a bit, full might feels insanely overpowered!!

I was strolling around in gear with a combined armor rating of over 700 after the first 3 areas only so know how you feel.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

Where is all this great armor coming from all the stuff I find is sh*t ive had the sme robes for days now. Might respec and put some points into blacksmith but even then I havent found any mages ingredients.

Feck it I am a god anyway :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭danthefan

Yeah I'm definitely not finding any of this awesome gear anywhere. And I barely have any money. Though I'm only about 5 hours in.

danthefan wrote: »
    Yeah I'm definitely not finding any of this awesome gear anywhere. And I barely have any money. Though I'm only about 5 hours in.

Give it time, detect hidden skill is a must though.

Doing the House of Valour now (arena type thing), lets just say the loot/rewards are awesome !!!!!!

Would the house of valour be any good for a mage or should I respec gfor that?

• Advertisement

Would the house of valour be any good for a mage or should I respec gfor that?

I got a few bits from it that needed 24 finesse that I junked, note sure if the loot is random or not, but I got nothing for mage. Everything had a 24 point requirement for either finesse or might.

The XP and gold is savage. the board lets you do exhibition matches there are 2 on that that wont allow you use magic so as a pure mage you could be in trouble there if playing on hard but those are not required to get the good stuff in the arena proper.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 956 ✭✭✭RiseToTheTop

How would you guys describe the game? It is as much a hack-n-slash as an RPG, or more of an RPG?

Also, what games do you feel are similar? I hear a lot of people comparing the game to God of War, but what does you would combine with God of War in how the game feels. (I really hope the game doesn't compare to Fable.)

PS: No Spoilers please!!

How would you guys describe the game? It is as much a hack-n-slash as an RPG, or more of an RPG?

Also, what games do you feel are similar? I hear a lot of people comparing the game to God of War, but what does you would combine with God of War in how the game feels. (I really hope the game doesn't compare to Fable.)

PS: No Spoilers please!!

Get the demo to get a feel for it, it is like fable though in many ways. but with better combat and loot system.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 956 ✭✭✭RiseToTheTop

I played the demo, but it felt like a limited run. I don't know whether the game is an open world or anything.

I played the demo, but it felt like a limited run. I don't know whether the game is an open world or anything.

It's very much open world, with a huge map and loads of dungeons to loot and sides to do.

It's not Skyrim open where you can go anywhere like over hills and stuff so more like fable in that regard too, but at a guess it's 3 times bigger than Fable 3 was. I'm 50 hours in doing loads of side quests and only just reaching the second half of the map, there really is no need to be doing all these side quests but im very OCD when it comes to games like this

The big negative for me about the whole thing is the actual main quest gets put off for so long because of this you forget why you are doing what you are doing and there is no connection to the people you are doing quests for due to their "go fetch" and "hack on the way" nature over all. I skipped a lot of their dialogue in a ah just get on with it and tell me what you want king of way. That said I wouln't still be playing the side quests were I don't having so much fun with getting my armor rating through the roof :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

I sorta got a bit bored of questing last night and decided to go for a wander around the world. Went through the desert section (which I'm currently doing missions in) and off to the second Warsworn castle and that general area.

It was a fun evening just wandering around. I respec'd for the first time too cause I went and made a load of pristine gems and then hadn't the skills to use them in construction :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 22,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Just remember that an area's level is set to the level your character is when you first run though it (iirc). So if you run through some areas you won't properly visit for a while, the enemies there will be much lower level then you.

That's what i read somewhere anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭Completionist

Kiith wrote: »
    Just remember that an area's level is set to the level your character is when you first run though it (iirc). So if you run through some areas you won't properly visit for a while, the enemies there will be much lower level then you.

That's what i read somewhere anyway.

Why would they do that!

I've explored a large section of the game, So does that mean I have ruined my world?:(

• Registered Users Posts: 12,473 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Why would they do that!

I've explored a large section of the game, So does that mean I have ruined my world?:(

They do it for dungeons in skyrim, but some areas still have a minimum level and some place scale to you.

You're probably fine.

If you're too weak to beat someone you can come back later and do it without the enemy scaling up. It's meant to give you some sense of growth and how you characters getting stronger.

I dont think that level thing is true, I went through an area real early doing the Warsworn and I had to fight arcane blarghast that had red names. Got an achievment for it though.

I was just going to say, after re-speccing last night I saw a screen of things that I hadn't seen before, one of the sections was "Achievements" and one of them was for killing something 4 levels higher than you are, so they're more than likely set per area with some wiggle room based on your current stats rather than set when you visit.

Yeah, i may have been wrong about that level thing, it's just something i saw someone post on another forum recently. It's more likely to be similar to the Skyrim method.

Has anyone noticed slow down when you are trying to flog stuff? mine takes an age (xbox)

• Registered Users Posts: 978 ✭✭✭AceCard Jones

Has anyone noticed slow down when you are trying to flog stuff? mine takes an age (xbox)

As my first file went on I noticed this more and more. And when I started my second file it was quick to sell things, now as time has gone on it's taking longer for each item. Which has convinced me it's a cache thing or simply an in game loading time problem coming from the fact that you can buy back anything you've ever sold ever from each vendor. So if like me you're mostly using the same vendor for your selling then that buyback list is just getting longer and longer.

nah i use all the vendors i come across, but i do think its because they keep everything you sold.
    Still its not bad considerng thats one bug that ive noticed in such a large game.

• Advertisement

The vendors keeping your old stuff's handy I think - mostly because I sold some unique armour set pieces to them without realising what Yellow items were :) Shame that one of the items is now 250,000 gold!

Shiminay wrote: »
    The vendors keeping your old stuff's handy I think - mostly because I sold some unique armour set pieces to them without realising what Yellow items were :) Shame that one of the items is now 250,000 gold!

Yeah so did I but sure by the I got to the last park for the set my mixed set was far exceeding it in terms of stats.

calex71 wrote: »
    Yeah so did I but sure by the I got to the last park for the set my mixed set was far exceeding it in terms of stats.

This is constantly happening to me. I've never managed to complete a set at the relevant level. Quite annoying, especially as some of them look great. But then i go back to looking like a clown hobo.

All my current armour is hand crafted Azurite stuff, so it at least matches :) Do you get the ability to craft your own sets? That'd be awesome :) Maybe in the MMO...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 698 ✭✭✭sin0city

Hi all. Just wondering, is anyone else enjoying this more than Skyrim?

sin0city wrote: »
    Hi all. Just wondering, is anyone else enjoying this more than Skyrim?

Its a different horse than Skyrim, But I enjoyed it just as much. I played it three times and enjoyed every one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 698 ✭✭✭sin0city

Its a different horse than Skyrim, But I enjoyed it just as much. I played it three times and enjoyed every one.

Cool, kind of felt like I should have been enjoying Skyrim more.
    Maybe it was the hype.
    Really like the fact that KOA is devoid of bugs and freezing issues too.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,827 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

• Registered Users Posts: 27,317 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Picked this up on Thursday and am really finding it a struggle to stick with. Playing as a sorcerer and for all the world it feels exactly like an offline version of WoW - not a good thing. There's the same boring fetch and 'kill 5 trolls quests' and it's just leaving me cold. Gonna try stick with it for now but there's very little about it grabbing me right now.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,827 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Picked this up on Thursday and am really finding it a struggle to stick with. Playing as a sorcerer and for all the world it feels exactly like an offline version of WoW - not a good thing. There's the same boring fetch and 'kill 5 trolls quests' and it's just leaving me cold. Gonna try stick with it for now but there's very little about it grabbing me right now.

I gave up on the side missions,I'm trying to finish it now

Advertisement