Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Talking Rugby Podcast superthread 2012/13, by the fans for the fans!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

A simple timetable for this show:

0:00 - The team say hi!
    4:30 - RaboDirect PRO12 Results along with upcoming fixtures.
    30:00 - We look at the Aviva Premiership.
    32:00 - Top 14 Rugby with Daithi, including Toulon 59-0 Bayonne!
    39:35 - Irish squad talk, including yet another fretting session over Declan Kidney!
    1:04:30 - Potential Bet of the Week.

For those of you that downloaded the show this morning that want this timetable on your iPod etc, re-download it through iTunes and the above should be there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,631 ✭✭✭Swiwi

A simple timetable for this show:

0:00 - The team say hi!
    4:30 - RaboDirect PRO12 Results along with upcoming fixtures.
    30:00 - We look at the Aviva Premiership.
    32:00 - Top 14 Rugby with Daithi, including Toulon 59-0 Bayonne!
    39:35 - Irish squad talk, including yet another fretting session over Declan Kidney!
    1:04:30 - Potential Bet of the Week.

For those of you that downloaded the show this morning that want this timetable on your iPod etc, re-download it through iTunes and the above should be there.

You got me listening from 39:35...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 756 ✭✭✭4PP

The more alert amongst you may have spotted some creative editing by Thomond2006 :p

4PP wrote: »
    The more alert amongst you may have spotted some creative editing by Thomond2006 :p

just for you

just for you

I'm sure there are other forums for cozying up...

• Advertisement

Swiwi wrote: »
    I'm sure there are other forums for cozying up...

Now now, no need to be jealous :D
    Thomond just loved my comments on the podcast, nothing more.
    He'd have nothing to complain about otherwise ;)

Hi folks, just a quick word.

Data suggest's there are one or three people out there listening to the show. Any feedback?

You hate?

You like?

You Meauhhhh?

Obviously we cannot be too parochial but feedback, positive or negative, as long as its constructive is always welcome.

Thanks in advance folks ;)

[Btw, Alan/thomond2006, has had to take an enforced break for professional reasons but will be back later in the season. Its a pity to lose him but its only VERY temporary. The chap has got his priorities right & will be back, you can count on that.]

• Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭frankie2shoes

Keep up the good work lads. love yer show and delighted you've moved out of the cave. Daithi and doc have great insight into the game as does the ulster fan (sorry buddy your name escapes me). Miss hearing the opinions of your dog who seems to have a great rugby brain!
    Thanks to your knowledge i am 4th in the boards superbru thingy. all picks (bar the teams I know) are completely thanks to your show. Thanks guys for putting in the effort.

Keep up the good work lads. love yer show and delighted you've moved out of the cave. Daithi and doc have great insight into the game as does the ulster fan (sorry buddy your name escapes me). Miss hearing the opinions of your dog who seems to have a great rugby brain!
    Thanks to your knowledge i am 4th in the boards superbru thingy. all picks (bar the teams I know) are completely thanks to your show. Thanks guys for putting in the effort.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,815 ✭✭✭✭emmet02

I listen to the show at work, queue it up with Off the Ball afterwards and it's always far more interesting.

really like the format, keep it as is imo, liked having the other opinions too (English Mike would be a good man to have on to discuss the proposed HEC stuff.)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭Sinbad_NI

Feedback is all positive from me. Great show especially now its coming out slightly earlier in the week.

superbru thingy?? pray tell.........

Our Bet of the Week is Ulster -12.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

I really like the show. At first I though it was too long but now I can't get enough. Love the Ulster influence, Leinster insight, Munster passion and new Connacht addition. The touches of France and England make it very balanced and a pleasure to listen to.

Perhaps not enough Toulon bashing but I hope that's in the pipeline?

Keep it up lads, I look forward to each new episode.

Our Bet of the Week is Ulster -12.

None of my own work, has to be said ;)

Thomond2006 supplied the stats,
    "That's four consecutive BOTWs that have come in and we're also 5/7 for the season (71.43% success rate!)"
    & all @10/11!

I don't quite know why but I do SO like those sort of figures :p

4PP wrote: »

superbru thingy?? pray tell.........

Superbru. The online result prediction competition. No cash involved just a bit of fun. Still time to join up for the autumn international tournament.

Talking Rugby Episode 56

The Right Song Sheet but Singing the Wrong Tune

International rugby is upon us. The banter begins. If Talking Rugby was the name of a bar, it would be packed to the rafters.

Dave is joined on the show this week by English fan Mike, New Zealand fan Matt, Ulsterman William, Irish-Frenchman Daithi and the Leinster duo of Doc and Padraig.

The panel look ahead to all the autumn internationals while including action from the Rabo, Aviva Premiership and Top 14.

Coming up
    0.0 – 1.40: The team say Hi
    1.40 – 25.55: Rabo Direct Pro 12
    25.55 – 33.20: Aviva Premiership
    33.20 – 39.30: Top 14
    39.30 – 43.10: France v Australia
    43.10 – 50.52: England v Fiji
    50.52 – 53.55: Scotland v New Zealand
    53.55 – 55.37: Wales v Argentina
    55.37 – 1.12.30: Ireland v South Africa
    1.12.30 – 1.23.16: Hot rugby gossip
    1.23.16: Bet of the Week

Talking Rugby is by the fans, for the fans.
    If you would like to advertise, sponsor or simply get involved with the show, drop us an email toTheWorldsTalking@gmail.com.
    ——————————————————————

To make tuning in again easier for you:
    1. We’re available on the iTunes Store directory, type in “Talking Rugby” into the search bar and you’ll find the show and be able to subscribe.
    2. You can also subscribe via our RSS feed http://talkingrugby.podomatic.com/rss2.xml
    3. You can find old episodes here: http://talkingrugby.podomatic.com/
    4. We are also on facebook: http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Worlds-Talking/191923120895223
    5. And Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/TheWorldsTalkin

Thank you to all who have taken the time to post their 'tuppence worth about the show. Keep it coming, we do appreciate it.

A thought did come to mind though. How do you listen to the show?
    I'm as guilty as hell in that I often listen to snippets of the show when I've got a few spare minutes. I generally hear the whole thing but over a few days. I doubt I'm alone.

Due to a monstrous traffic jam this afternoon I got to listen to the whole thing in one go.

Enjoyed it immensely, but of course I'm not going to say otherwise now am I ? :D

But what do you say?

Daithi.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭Sinbad_NI

I listen in one go at work with a few short breaks as necessary depending on the work load.

Use beyondpod on Android phone which is my only grip in that it won't play directly but does alert me to the new episode that can be downloaded from the webpage link.

• Advertisement

Sinbad_NI wrote: »
    I listen in one go at work with a few short breaks as necessary depending on the work load.

Cheers Sinbad_NI!
    Sinbad_NI wrote: »
    Use beyondpod on Android phone which is my only grip in that it won't play directly but does alert me to the new episode that can be downloaded from the webpage link.

Love to help but I haven't a notion what you're talking about :p

• Registered Users Posts: 10,067 ✭✭✭✭wp_rathead

I have to travel alot on the bus for work, as in hour and half trips so these podcasts are perfect;)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,589 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

Winters wrote: »
    Love the Ulster influence, Leinster insight, Munster passion and new Connacht addition.

Is that you Mark Robson?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,930 ✭✭✭duckysauce

Mainly when I am on the road for work , or when taking the crazy dog for a walk .

duckysauce wrote: »
    Mainly when I am on the road for work , or when taking the crazy dog for a walk .

Cheers duckysauce :)

If you ever have a remark to make on the content/presentation/format or whatever don't hesitate.
    On here or PM, whatever suits. Be good to have the feedback;)

Our Bet of the Week is Italy -8 @ 10/11, widely available ;)

Talking Rugby Episode 57

He Wasn't Brushing His Hair!

The autumn internationals kicked off this week, like a row over the last can of dutch gold at a student party. There were stompings and stampings, handling and humpings and Ireland once again had Kidney-failure. The team tucked in with as much gusto as an American in McDonalds, and digested the weeks rugby into a form that even a soccer fan could follow. The withering eyes and caustic tongues were cast over the performances of players and coaches, and as a bonus, we lay the smackdown on the Indo's Wony Turd for his petulant swipe at the 'pitiful websites' who dare to critique the game we know and love. #BreakingNews If you did your job properly Wony, then there might be less need for the likes of us.

Doc is in the chair this week, as Dave takes a break. Joining him this week are Daithi with 'la perspective française', Matt with the Kiwi insight, 'Clockwork' English Mike (with no windups this week) and a Scottish-based perspective from our Glasgow-resident Ulsterman Thomas.

Coming up
    0.0 – 1.25: The team say Hi
    1.25 – 3.15: French Top 14
    3.15 – 32.48: Review of last weeks international games
    32.48 - 37:30: We call out the craven gibberers that write for our national dailies
    37.30 – 41:30: Italy v New Zealand
    41.30 – 44.30: France v Argentina
    44.30 – 49.20: Scotland v South Africa
    49.20 – 55.34: England v Australia
    55.34 – 59.15: Ireland XV v Fiji
    59:15 - 1.01.01: Coaching talk about why NZ put away overlaps and we don't
    1.01.01 - 1.02.40: Eligibility and why Daithi lives in France and not Wales
    1.02.40 – 1.06.05: Zebre - Ulster and the Spence Tragedy
    1.06.05: Bet of the Week

Talking Rugby is by the fans, for the fans.
    If you would like to advertise, sponsor or simply get involved with the show, drop us an email toTheWorldsTalking@gmail.com.
    ——————————————————————

To make tuning in again easier for you:
    1. We’re available on the iTunes Store directory, type in “Talking Rugby” into the search bar and you’ll find the show and be able to subscribe.
    2. You can also subscribe via our RSS feed http://talkingrugby.podomatic.com/rss2.xml
    3. You can find old episodes here: http://talkingrugby.podomatic.com/
    4. We are also on facebook: http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Wo...91923120895223
    5. And Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/TheWorldsTalkin

• Registered Users Posts: 24,815 ✭✭✭✭emmet02

Will listen tomorrow morning and give some feedback. Looking forward to the Media Bash after Ward's "Amateur Bash".

Swiwi is missing the link, but it's only his first podcast post so we'll forgive him this time! :p

Here we are: http://talkingrugby.podomatic.com/entry/2012-11-14T11_24_51-08_00

If you only have five minutes to spare, check out Doc's rant on Wony Turd at 32:48! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

Looking forward to it!

Advertisement