Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Heat pads for dogs

• 29-10-2010 1:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 517 ✭✭✭

Just wondering could anyone help me? My dog sleeps in a shed outside. It's well insulated and draught-free etc and she is happy out there.

Wanna get something extra for the winter and saw people on here recommending a heat pad such as snuggle safe. So I need one for cocker spaniel but was also gonna buy one for my mam's lab who is also in an insulated garage.

These ones look very small and the lab is a huge chewer so would anyone here recommend this one or do you have any other ideas??

http://www.zooplus.ie/shop/dogs/dog_beds_baskets/dog_cushions_pillows_blankets/heat_pads_and_heat_pillows/129427

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,016 ✭✭✭✭tk123

We have that one - it stays warm all night. I was cold the other week and used it to heat up my bed!! :pac: It's made of tough plastic and comes in a fleece cover - you could wrap it in a blanket to stop the lab chewing - thats what i did with our guy when he was smaller so he'd leave the cover alone. When I got it they had an offer - it came with a dog teddy that pad zipped into it but it was rubbish quality so I wouldn't recommened spending extra for it - a blanket to wrap it in is just as good.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,819 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

My dogs sleep indoors but in a conservatory that can get cold. I have fitted a couple of these in their bed. They do a metal version for chewers. You have to follow the instructions carefully but I have used mine for two years & the dogs love them.

Because they are low voltage they can be easily wired into sheds, kennels etc. They use very little power & I have mine plugged in to a thermostat so that they come on automatically.

http://stores.ebay.co.uk/petnapltd

Advertisement