Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

New wii drive chipped in ireland

Options
  • 14-07-2007 12:58am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 19

Hi
    I puchased a new wii tonight for a friend of mine who wanted it chipped and to my horror when I opened up the console, it turned out to be the new type with the legs missing off the main chip.But i managed to mod it anyway cause where they cut the legs off they have exposed a bit so i was still able to solder onto anyway.
    So I confirm that they can be done plus i fully tested backups on them works fine

have another one to do tomorrow will take pics

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Terry Tibbs

Hi consolemaster

Hope you don't mind me asking?

How and where can i get backups for my wii

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

I mind you asking Terry. Discussion of "back ups" is not allowed.

• Registered Users Posts: 595 ✭✭✭toco123

Yes, There is a new drive I think any Wii with serial number I think LEH123xxxx and above to prevent modding consoles...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 19 consolemaster

sorry terry can't help you with backups, google it and you will find your answers. lol

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 19 consolemaster

toco123 wrote:
    Yes, There is a new drive I think any Wii with serial number I think LEH123xxxx and above to prevent modding consoles...
    have you come across any yet yourself?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 595 ✭✭✭toco123

No i saw this on a wiikey supplier website.

Advertisement