Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Best bar/nightclub in Wexford

13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,645 ✭✭✭Corvo

Pity that, was a nice pub in its day. Just the way things have gone I suppose. Was probably getting murdered by Maggie Mays and the usual "in for one drink before the Stores" crowd.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 225 ✭✭vonbarracuda

10 of us heading down next Friday staying in Whites. Looking for a good pub then night club where to go?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

10 of us heading down next Friday staying in Whites. Looking for a good pub then night club where to go?

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=71231249

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Strootz

So how is the Wexford Nightlife these days? Where does anyone recommend now?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

thomas moore is a great pub

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,680 ✭✭✭jd

thomas moore is a great pub

was...

I am actually in the process of taking over a Nightclub in Bunclody, any suggestions on how to attract people to Bunclody? I will offer pretty cheap drink, tough security in order to keep out the unwanted. What does anyone think?

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 3,584 Mod ✭✭✭✭St Senan

You will need Top Top Djs to attract people from other Towns in the county.
    Buses from major Towns laid on with a small fee.
    Big Advertising Campagain in Local Newspapers. The Echo and the Guardian.

I have been looking into DJ's and spoken to a few, but haven't finalized any. Any one any recommendations? I plan on a marketing campaign on a either South East radio or Beat, ill also look into the newspapers also.

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 3,584 Mod ✭✭✭✭St Senan

The best of Irish djs can be found here http://thedjlist.com/world/Ireland/djs/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Ledger

Strootz wrote: »
    I have been looking into DJ's and spoken to a few, but haven't finalized any. Any one any recommendations? I plan on a marketing campaign on a either South East radio or Beat, ill also look into the newspapers also.

In my opinion, you would also want some decent live bands to play to get the crowds that may not be that interested in DJs.

Best of luck with it. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭Murtinho

Strootz wrote: »
    I am actually in the process of taking over a Nightclub in Bunclody, any suggestions on how to attract people to Bunclody? I will offer pretty cheap drink, tough security in order to keep out the unwanted. What does anyone think?

good luck with it, although i heard a rumour that the group that bought Bia Alain are hoping to to something along the lines of D-Bar enniscorthy into it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭Fergality

Jaze the poor Crown took an awful hiding from Maggie May's before it closed. The last couple of Saturday nights my group was in Maggie's I couldn't get a seat, so convinced a few friends to re-locate across to the Crown. It was like going from a Saturday night to a Monday night.

Hi Fergality, tell me, how could I attract you and your crew to Bunclody? what would it take?
    Cheers,

Advertisement