Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Ryanair moved flight

Options
  • 01-07-2013 8:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,600 ✭✭✭✭

Hey I was wondering if any of you can help.

Ryanair moved my flight home from Scotland by more than 12 hours, it was an evening flight, its now a morning flight. They only seem to offer a refund, but I am going to be on a tour that won't get back till the afternoon and I still have to fly home. The evening flight seems to still be running, does anyone know how to get switched back?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 43 barnabybear

errlloyd wrote: »
    Ryanair moved my flight home from Scotland by more than 12 hours, it was an evening flight, its now a morning flight. They only seem to offer a refund, but I am going to be on a tour that won't get back till the afternoon and I still have to fly home. The evening flight seems to still be running, does anyone know how to get switched back?
    You may be able to get a refund and €250 compensation, because of the delay: see here.

My Easyjet flight (also from Scotland) last year was delayed 5 hours and I have just received compensation from them.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,600 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

Thanks, that's really helpful! 4 of us booked on so a grand in compensation worst case scenario!

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 24,924 Mod ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

If it's more than 2 weeks out, no compensation is due. Only a refund or a re-schedule. If there is still an evening flight, call them and see can you be put on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,332 ✭✭✭tatli_lokma

You may be able to get a refund and €250 compensation, because of the delay: see here.

My Easyjet flight (also from Scotland) last year was delayed 5 hours and I have just received compensation from them.

Its not a delay, its a reschedule so the compensation doesn't apply.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 barnabybear

Little Ted wrote: »
    Its not a delay, its a reschedule so the compensation doesn't apply.
    Sorry, I didn't even notice that the OP's trip was in the future (no dates)! :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭livemusic4life

Generally they will book you on another flight, even from a different airport. They've done that with me before

• Registered Users Posts: 12,089 ✭✭✭✭P. Breathnach

errlloyd wrote: »
    ... The evening flight seems to still be running...
    Have you checked flight numbers? Does the evening flight have the number of the flight that you booked?

Advertisement