Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact [email protected]

[FPL] - GW28 Transfers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,732 ✭✭✭smokingman

FatRat wrote: »
    Also.... a replacement for Sess that costs under 5.5 maybe?

Here's a mad one, N'Zonzi...only 5 mill and got some nice fixtures...also got a bit of "I don't want to be relegated" spirit going on right now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭shadowcomplex

FatRat wrote: »
    I'm thinking of doing Lindegaard (dead weight needing getting rid of for the past few weeks) -> Reina. And then making Reina captain. Even 1 clean sheet from Reina is 8 points (6 for clean sheet, 2 for other game) and add a potential 3 saves in each games and that's 10. I fancy him to keep 2 clean sheets that's 12/13/14 points potential. It'd be a safe option anyways, nearly garrunteed 6+ points. What do people think of getting him in anyway? Is it worth having an expensive keeper that keeps clean sheets regularly for the rest of the season?

Also.... a replacement for Sess that costs under 5.5 maybe? I'm thinking Miyaichi or Pilkington but Pilkington is a rotation risk. I need to free up plenty of cash as I've plans for a United midfielder in the next few weeks.

one word DONT

• Registered Users Posts: 39,471 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Wildcard time

Schwarzer > Bogdan
    BAE > Skrtel
    O Shea > Hibbert
    Sess > Young
    Augero > Suarez

• Registered Users Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

Got rid of Bale, Sess and Cisse, got in Mc Clean, Pogrebnyak and Young

Will considering getting back Sess and Bale at a later date, but need Sees to drop to make it worth my while....

also will be looking to get rid of Enrique pending his performance in dgw and getting in more affordable defender and considering Rooney for Aguero.. will see

Took a 8 point hit to make subs... could be a gamble... but wanted to get in on price rises and not lose out on price falls plus Sunderland have 2 nice games after Liverpool and so Mc Clean will hopefully make it worth it.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,952 ✭✭✭Degag

Just had a look there and Bolton have great fixtures. I'm bringing in a midfielder and not sure if it'd be worth bringing in Eagles or maybe Miyachi? I know very little aboutr him apart that he's on loan from Arsenal. Think he's an attacking midfielder. Anyone shed anymore light on him?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,258 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Got rid of Sess just there now because his price is going to go into freefall this week I think. Brought in somebody who could be a differential, not planning to play him this week but Keith Andrews has been scoring them in the Championship all season until he got his move to West Brom and he has two in three games already since he got there along with an assist. I'll bring in Rooney next week I think and then Pog if he is still at it the following week. I've got the funds to bring Valencia back in whenever he returns.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,471 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Degag wrote: »
    Just had a look there and Bolton have great fixtures. I'm bringing in a midfielder and not sure if it'd be worth bringing in Eagles or maybe Miyachi? I know very little aboutr him apart that he's on loan from Arsenal. Think he's an attacking midfielder. Anyone shed anymore light on him?

They do, dont they? They are such a tumbleweed team though. Then again I did bring in Bogdan as a cheap keeper option.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,952 ✭✭✭Degag

KevIRL wrote: »
    They do, dont they? They are such a tumbleweed team though. Then again I did bring in Bogdan as a cheap keeper option.
    Fúck it, i think i'll bring him in. If he does somethig, he'll be a massive differential. He was voted Bolton's player of the month so he must be playing well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,998 ✭✭✭grohlisagod

Contemplating an 8 point hit.

Richards>Skrtel
    Senderos>Evans
    Silva>5.6 or under midfielder (probably Mark Davies)
    Zamora>Rooney

Any thoughts? I may postpone the first part until next week. I think 3 of the 4 strengthen my team and I feel Rooney is a necessity.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,844 ✭✭✭carlcon

Contemplating an 8 point hit.

Richards>Skrtel
    Senderos>Evans
    Silva>5.6 or under midfielder (probably Mark Davies)
    Zamora>Rooney

Any thoughts? I may postpone the first part until next week. I think 3 of the 4 strengthen my team and I feel Rooney is a necessity.

There's not a lot wrong with Senderos. I say you're probably better off with him, Evans, and a better midfielder. Oh and 4 points!

Although if you really want it, I wouldn't postpone. If you're going to get a Liverpool defender, you might as well try profit from the double GW.

I think you're mad dropping Silva, though.

• Advertisement

Degag wrote: »
    Fúck it, i think i'll bring him in. If he does somethig, he'll be a massive differential. He was voted Bolton's player of the month so he must be playing well.

Bogdan has indeed been quite excellent. But in a "only conceding 3 instead of 6" way. Not a great FF shout. Only one clean sheet in 8. Only really has value if you're looking to save money and plan on sticking to the same keeper every week.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,197 ✭✭✭POKERKING

I've taken a four point hit and gone:

Valencia>Myachi
    Dzeko>rooney
    Zamora>Suarez

Thinking of captaining Suarez despite my hatred for him!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

Any news on Kelly? Don't really want to hold on to him if he's not fit, may aswell get him out in my WC week.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,262 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

roryc wrote: »
    Any news on Kelly? Don't really want to hold on to him if he's not fit, may aswell get him out in my WC week.

might be back for weekend game. but tbh he's my last sub anyway, won't be playing him til the next gw

• Registered Users Posts: 34,029 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Have 2 free transfers this week and wondering who should I get in to replace Dyer and Sess with the DGW coming up?

Here is my team. I am tempted to put McClean>Dyer and Henderson>Sess, am I mad?

here is my team below. I have .5 in bank. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Krul Ruddy
    Simpson, BAE, Warnock, McAuley, Enrique
    Silva, Dyer, Chamberlain, Dempsey, Sess
    Rooney, RVP, Ba

• Registered Users Posts: 5,339 ✭✭✭El Horseboxo

From reading Fulham message boards last week I found a lot of fans don't like Kelly playing and would rather Hughes. Not sure if that's something the manager is aware of and could allow happen due to the injury. I got rid of him anyways.

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Have 2 free transfers this week and wondering who should I get in to replace Dyer and Sess with the DGW coming up?

Here is my team. I am tempted to put McClean>Dyer and Henderson>Sess, am I mad?

here is my team below. I have .5 in bank. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Krul Ruddy
    Simpson, BAE, Warnock, McAuley, Enrique
    Silva, Dyer, Chamberlain, Dempsey, Sess
    Rooney, RVP, Ba

I see some potential in Henderson, but as an FF player at present.. pointless having him I feel unless you won't be upset with 4.. maybe 6 points max. Despite it being a DGW. Has to be noted, he gets into some great positions though, and played arguably his best game of the season against Arsenal. But tbf, I think you're better of getting in another Liverpool defender if you really want a Liverpool player.

Brought in McClean for Sess last week myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭cunninstunt

Just did the following

Aguero > Rooney
    Ba > Suarez

Will be making Suarez captain. Pretty annoyed with myself though, had planned on making this transfer, looked at it yesterday and had planned on hitting confirm but got distracted by something, only made the change now and have lost 0.3 due to rises/falls. Hate when that happens.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,224 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Need some Boarsie advice. Had 2 free transfers at start of gw. Used one to do Aguero to Rooney which leaves me with 1 free transfer and this team for GW28.

Krul
    Kompany - Huth - Kelly
    Silva - Bale - Dempsey - Morrison
    Ba - Rooney - RVP
    Subs: Vorm - Siggurdsson - NTaylor - Santon

Now my other transfer is meant to be Huth to Skrtel. Hoever, if I get in Enrique instead, it would allow me to take a 4 point hit to bring in Evans for Santon and play Kompany - Enrique -Evans at the back.

The 4 point hit should pay for itself as I can see a cleanie for United this week but not for taylor, Santon or Kelly.

So basically is Enrique+Evans > Skertl + Taylor/Kelly/Santon rotating

FutureGuy wrote: »
    Need some Boarsie advice. Had 2 free transfers at start of gw. Used one to do Aguero to Rooney which leaves me with 1 free transfer and this team for GW28.

Krul
    Kompany - Huth - Kelly
    Silva - Bale - Dempsey - Morrison
    Ba - Rooney - RVP
    Subs: Vorm - Siggurdsson - NTaylor - Santon

Now my other transfer is meant to be Huth to Skrtel. Hoever, if I get in Enrique instead, it would allow me to take a 4 point hit to bring in Evans for Santon and play Kompany - Enrique -Evans at the back.

The 4 point hit should pay for itself as I can see a cleanie for United this week but not for taylor, Santon or Kelly.

So basically is Enrique+Evans > Skertl + Taylor/Kelly/Santon rotating

I'm never one to advocate taking points hits and you are banking on United keeping a clean sheet AND your pick of the other three conceding just to break even... It'd be nice to have Kompany - Enrique - Evans (I should know :) ) but I'd wait until next week, unless you'll be priced out or have an urgent transfer for next week?

Liklihood is United won't concede and your pick of the other three will, aso you should break even but if United do concede and the other'd don't... prepare to be annoyed!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,224 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

roryc wrote: »
    I'm never one to advocate taking points hits and you are banking on United keeping a clean sheet AND your pick of the other three conceding just to break even... It'd be nice to have Kompany - Enrique - Evans (I should know :) ) but I'd wait until next week, unless you'll be priced out or have an urgent transfer for next week?

Liklihood is United won't concede and your pick of the other three will, aso you should break even but if United do concede and the other'd don't... prepare to be annoyed!

Wise words roryc. You're like he angel on my shoulder when the devil in me wants to take that hit. Given the fact that I am now just 8 points off first place, I am being very careful about taking points hits.

If I bring in Skertl this week, I cannot afford Evans next week, but if I bring in Enrique (0.4m cheaper), I can afford Evans next week. I'd love to have Skrtel long term but I don't want to wait 2 more weeks to get in Evans (as I'd have to transfer out someone next week to get the cash together).

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭RB100

Would it be worth playing JONES(wba home) this weekend instead of either BAE(everton away), R TAYLOR(ars away) or LESCOTT(swa away)

Dont think United will keep a claen sheet tho

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

RB100 wrote: »
    Would it be worth playing JONES(wba home) this weekend instead of either BAE(everton away), R TAYLOR(ars away) or LESCOTT(swa away)

Dont think United will keep a claen sheet tho

After his Performance against Spurs he will be lucky to get a game . If he plays against Bilboa on Thursday i doubt he will play against WBA on Sunday .

Yes. 100% yes. United are far more likely to keep a cleanie than any of the other three.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

Anyone considering getting rid of Bale . He's been marked as available now

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭RB100

I think I might leave him out cus the others are attacking apart from Lescott but I think that game will be a 0-0 againts swansea

• Registered Users Posts: 1,998 ✭✭✭grohlisagod

carlcon wrote: »
    There's not a lot wrong with Senderos. I say you're probably better off with him, Evans, and a better midfielder. Oh and 4 points!

Although if you really want it, I wouldn't postpone. If you're going to get a Liverpool defender, you might as well try profit from the double GW.

I think you're mad dropping Silva, though.

In the end I went for a 4 point hit

Richards>Skrtel
    Silva>Mark Davies
    Zamora>Rooney

Silva is gone purely because I feel Rooney is a necessity. Losing Silva was my only route to Rooney. Plus City aren't scoring as many goals recently so the likelihood of Silva assists is lessened and he isn't much of a goal threat. Also for 10.5m I want someone I can captain and Silva just doesn't fit the bill.

Bolton have excellent fixtures and at this time of the season I think it pays to have a player from one of the sides fighting relegation. Davies actually has 20 points from his last 3 home games against Arsenal, Liverpool and Wigan.

I can always get Toure or Silva back in a few weeks if I deem it necessary.

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭beaver111

will the pool score much with the dgw ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭LostBoy101

Anyone considering getting rid of Bale . He's been marked as available now
    Bale has some pretty decent games coming up so I wouldn't drop him just yet.

• Advertisement

beaver111 wrote: »
    will the pool score much with the dgw ?

Very unlikely. Probably best to look towards their defence if you're considering them for the DGW.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement