Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact [email protected]

[FPL] - GW28 Transfers

• 03-03-2012 5:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 287 ✭✭

Got shut of Richards for Lescott. No point hanging around. That's my transfers done for the week. Sick to the back teeth of Richards.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭unkymo

Getting rid of Walters and Sessongon for Dempsey and Surman.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Sorensen heading out the door for me,at least his not playing today meant Vorm came on for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭FatRat

Was planning to get rid of Richards this week too but I'm thinking he'll be played from now on. Zabaleta seems injured??? And he is normally a city starter. He wasn't even on the bench today he might have been ill or picked up something the last day. He did play the match against Holland on Thursday. Until I'm told Mancini has no plans for him or he's injured, I'll probably keep him.

I'm thinking I'll do a swap from Caulker to Enrique.

• Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭DazzlerIE

Aguero out, Rooney in

Doing it early because I could just afford the switch, any price rises and I was screwed

He's a 1/3 of the way to a price rise already

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭shadowcomplex

Im thinking Aguero to someone , I dont know yet however. I already have Rooney and Vpersie. I dont think Ba will produce as he did in the past because cisse will steal half his thunder, Odemwinge is someone I have an eye on, perhaps Suarez Adebayour or Saha are worth a shout, so many options

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

What do people think of Kelly at Liverpool? Only 5.2m, and unless I'm wrong until Agger gets back (March 24th in ff) the back four will be

Enrique
    Skrtel
    Agger
    Kelly

Is this correct?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭FatRat

roryc wrote: »
    What do people think of Kelly at Liverpool? Only 5.2m, and unless I'm wrong until Agger gets back (March 24th in ff) the back four will be

Enrique
    Skrtel
    Agger
    Kelly

Is this correct?

Ah... no. You have Agger mentioned above when he's out! :P Kelly was playing yesterday because Johnson was out as a precaution. He'll be back next week I'd say so Kelly won't be playing. Carragher will replace Agger like he did this week.

Yeh meant Carragher instead of Agger.

Cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

Sess out as he will be out for 3 games I think ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

FatRat wrote: »
    Ah... no. You have Agger mentioned above when he's out! :P Kelly was playing yesterday because Johnson was out as a precaution. He'll be back next week I'd say so Kelly won't be playing. Carragher will replace Agger like he did this week.
    roryc wrote: »
    Yeh meant Carragher instead of Agger.

Cheers

Lots of Liverpool fans calling for Coates over Carragher, which I think would be more beneficial to them myself so I'd be careful with putting Carragher in.

• Advertisement

Im not putting Carragher in, f**k that! Was gonna put Kelly in but if he's not guaranteed a game theres no point.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

Yeah Johnson should be back next week. The only Liverpool defenders I'd pick are Skrtel and Enrique.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,195 ✭✭✭PopTarts

Cisse doesn't seem to be getting the 90 mins at all. Might have to reconsider him.

Is Ba -> Suarez a good move...

I'll lose 0.3 on Ba but think Suarez is worth the risk over the next few weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,262 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

I think Dempseys time is up. No longer playing as far up the field

• Registered Users Posts: 3,353 ✭✭✭pah

manual_man wrote: »

:rolleyes:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,224 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Although this looks like you have egg on your face now, I was thinking the same thing at half-time. It was all Johnson and Pog, and has been since Pog arrived.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

I brought him in for Valencia as a stop gap and it has paid off handsomely. Think I'll let him go up in value before off-loading him.

Thinking of the WC tonight. There are a few players I'll try and buy before their value goes up.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,194 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

What do people think if bringing in Nani? 2 assist last 2 games and always a goal threat.

Edit: Now thinking

Sess - > Sigurdsson
    Ba -> Rooney

4 point hit but feel like I need to get rid of the dead wood.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

What do people think if bringing in Nani? 2 assist last 2 games and always a goal threat.

Hard to say. Young wasn't too hectic today but he got the goals and an assist. He's staking his claim.

I think that when Valencia comes back that he'll go straight into the team again. It might be at the expense of Nani or Young. I honestly can't say.

It's a fantastic problem for Fergie to have, not so much for us FF managers.

Just saw your edit. I hate taking point hits but that seems a very good one to take. Do it before tonight. Sigurdsson is going up and Rooney may well do as well.

• Advertisement

I brought him in for Valencia as a stop gap and it has paid off handsomely. Think I'll let him go up in value before off-loading him.

Thinking of the WC tonight. There are a few players I'll try and buy before their value goes up.

he got two goals today which was great, but that was against the worst defense in the league. I think I'll keep him til after the home game against Swansea, and then hopefully make a tidy profit on him :p

• Registered Users Posts: 3,844 ✭✭✭carlcon

Seems like a lot of "obvious" things are going to explode this week.
    • Pog and Sig to gain 0.3 between now and Friday night.
    • Sess to be dropped like a hot potato.
    • Rooney in for Aguero.

Some less obvious scenarios could be;
    • Support for Bale dropping
    • Even more people doubting Silva
    • Faith in Swansea defence increased

I was planning on getting Suarez in for the double, but think it might be best to ride the Pog wave instead.

Either way; I'm taking a 4 point hit and switching 3 players this week.

Looks like its time to sell Aguero, he doesnt do enough in away games and is a big rotation risk also, rooney and Vpersie are their tesms main men and will always play, i luckily already have Rooney and Vpersie so selling Aguero will allow me to strengthen my team in other areas even further, but who do get in for Aguero, the candidates

1.Luis Suarez

Its baffling to me why he hasn't scored as many goals for Liverpool as he has for Ajax or Uraguay, I mean this guy is considered by many to be up their with the big 3. Is it just bad luck, or bad service? a little bit of both I reckon. With the impending double game week, it could be time to invest a little faith

2.Pavel Pogrebyak

This guy seems to have come out of nowhere, no wonder Fulham were willing to let Zamora go, he has scored in everyone of fulhams games he has featured in, the problem though is , is he really as good as his current form suggests and fulham are woeful away from home which isnt too bad if you have a strong bench, he looks a handful though and very suited to English football

3. peter odemwinge

Westbrom have come into great form of late, hammering sunderland 4-0 and beating chelsea 1-0 this weekend, odemwinge had a quite start this year compared to last season but seems to be coming back into form with westbroms resurchance, probably one like Pogreyak to use primarily in home games

4.Adebayour

Adebayour is a bit of a frustrating one, he seems to go on runs and then quite periods, he is playing in a very attacking spurs team so he probably should be doing better, with that said spurs have a very handy run in and adebayour could be worth taking a punt on

Anyone that sells Dempsey deserves the same faith as those that sold Vpersie, it would be a very bad move

• Registered Users Posts: 16,579 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Player power rules at the Bridge once more so i guess Saint Frank of the Lampards will now be first choice once more,regular game time will get him scoring FF wise once more.although not cheap at 11.0..........

dahat wrote: »
    Player power rules at the Bridge once more so i guess Saint Frank of the Lampards will now be first choice once more,regular game time will get him scoring FF wise once more.although not cheap at 11.0..........

i wouldnt touch hime with yours

Already done all my transfers. Aguero->Rooney Moses->Surman Richards->Enrique. Team surgery more or less complete. Liking the look of my team for the first time in ages, after making a total hash of it with the Jan wc, hoping for a strong finish in my money leagues, and a nice run in the Boards fpl Cup :p

• Registered Users Posts: 3,844 ✭✭✭carlcon

Just had a look at the fixture list. Here's one to mull over...

Over the next 3 games, Yakubu (remember him?) will outscore Pog, Ba, and any other "cheap" striker.

But you won't get the same profit you'll get if you get Pog in now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,834 ✭✭✭redarmy

got young in for bale on friday:) anyone know how many games sessegnon will miss??

• Advertisement

redarmy wrote: »
    got young in for bale on friday:) anyone know how many games sessegnon will miss??

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement