Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Mocks 2012 **READ FIRST POST BEFORE POSTING**

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 Ciara101

HL History one of the essays is
    the downfall of Parnells career
    Any one no anything for Chemistry English or French ? :/

• Registered Users Posts: 29 LCkillme

Ciara101 wrote: »
    HL History one of the essays is
    the downfall of Parnells career
    Any one no anything for Chemistry English or French ? :/

Is that the DEB paper? And what document us on that one?

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭chomps_x

English Poetry:
    Plath & Heeney
    English Comparative:
    General vision and viewpoint
    Hamlet:
    Either Character Q on Hamlet or role of women in the play

German Thema:
    People with disabilities
    German Grammer:
    Verbs that take prepositions e.g Ich habe Angst vor der Prufung then you have to ask the question i.e Wovor hast du Angst? If that makes sense...

Business:
    Consumer protection act 2007, insurance (average clause), a business plan, a report and the ratios like current ratio etc...

Biology:
    Circulatory system, ecology, photosynthesis, respiration

History:
    Montgomery Bus Boycott and effect on civil rights movement

That's all I have as of yet

• Registered Users Posts: 15 dropeverthing4

chomps_x wrote: »
    English Poetry:
    Plath & Heeney
    English Comparative:
    Hamlet:

German Thema:
    People with disabilities
    German Grammer:
    Verbs that take prepositions e.g Ich habe Angst vor der Prufung then you have to ask the question i.e Wovor hast du Angst? If that makes sense...

Business:
    Consumer protection act 2007, insurance (average clause), a business plan, a report and the ratios like current ratio etc...

Biology:

History:

Thanks for hints :) Are they from DEB or Examcraft?

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Orange juice

Higher Level Irish DEB:
    Poetry - Geibhann, Pros - Caca Milis

Any idea about HL french topics?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭chomps_x

Thanks for hints :) Are they from DEB or Examcraft?
    I wont know until i start on monday but will post up here and let everyone know :)

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Les_Rebels123

chomps_x wrote: »
    English Poetry:
    Plath & Heeney
    English Comparative:
    Hamlet:

German Thema:
    People with disabilities
    German Grammer:

Business:

Biology:

History:

A teacher let it slip that ALL our pres are Examcraft.

Business - Looks like examcraft, we've been covering these areas recently, teacher said that we have material in the upcoming pre covered recently, and others may get covered before the pre(starting before mid-term) . Areas such to likes of SPOILERED ^above

English - Again, appears Examcraft, "
    if you know hamlet characters
    , you're covered, constantly naming poets as above.

So at least there's two, that appear to be that of Examcraft. :)

chomps_x
    will reveal all next week :) :P

LCkillme wrote: »
    Is that the DEB paper? And what document us on that one?

I havent a clue we werent told ... my teacher just told me it was that essay and the document is apparently
    british withdrawal from india

• Registered Users Posts: 10 riddikulusss

I'm starting DEB exams with english paper 2 on the 2nd of February, anyone sitting it before then?

i have english paper two on 31st of January but dunno if its examcraft or DEB yet :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17 iloveskittles

HOME EC PLEASE, anybody? i desperately need them :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

Paper 2 first? Eww

Namlub wrote: »
    Paper 2 first? Eww

I know, but it's good to get it out of the way.

i have english paper two on 31st of January but dunno if its examcraft or DEB yet :P

Ooh let me know please :)

Yep no problem :) we already know that
    literary genre is deffo on it :)

Yep no problem :) we already know that
    literary genre is deffo on it :)
    I haven't done that only GVVP and Theme :/ we've been really hinted at the character of Hamlet or the theme of deception?

I haven't done that only GVVP and Theme :/ we've been really hinted at the character of Hamlet or the theme of deception?
    we were told that
    theme is definately not on ours .. yea ours is hamlet's character too ...
    any other hints for different subjects ? :P :)

we were told that
    theme is definately not on ours .. yea ours is hamlet's character too ...
    any other hints for different subjects ? :P :)

I do English Irish maths, French, geography, art history, and economics.. Any of the same as you and then we can swap hints? :L

I do English Irish maths, French, geography, art history, and economics.. Any of the same as you and then we can swap hints? :L

i do irish english maths french chemistry history accounting :P i have no hints at all for any of yours :P you know anything about french ? :P

i do irish english maths french chemistry history accounting :P i have no hints at all for any of yours :P you know anything about french ? :P

Maths higher or ordinary? My teacher told us to learn sport, racism, environment, economy, school and music. It's not very narrowed down. She hasn't looked at the paper, it's just her opinion :( what about you? My friend found out the American question on the history paper, I'll ask her for it tomorrow and let you know :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭leavingcert.

I have the business DEB mock, posted some of it earlier in the thread but not the long q's if any1 needs them...I also have the DEB HL maths....assuming the sample that they send schools is the mock....

• Registered Users Posts: 15 wheelbarrow25

One of my teachers told us today that all our mocks are DEB, so any info on the DEB mocks for English Irish Maths French accounting economics business and biology ( all HL) would be appreciated!

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Buanacainte

I have the business DEB mock, posted some of it earlier in the thread but not the long q's if any1 needs them...I also have the DEB HL maths....assuming the sample that they send schools is the mock....

Would you be able to pm me or post the business long questions and some tips on the maths paper?

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Danielle_

So our English teacher basically told us that
    Kinsella is coming up and Appearance vs Reality is the Hamlet question.
    I have no idea what paper this is though. If anyone has HL : biology, maths, irish, french, english, accounting, business or chemistry hints could you pm me? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 15 dropeverthing4

Hi. Do you have any hints for Maths DEB HL? Would be much appreciated :)

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭xclw

your mock papers can be from other companies than examcraft and deb you know.

had the french aural today for examcraft. dunno it was average like, not really easy and not rock either..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,989 ✭✭✭PictureFrame

Did Music Listening DEB today! Was well handy! :D

Would you be able to pm me or post the business long questions and some tips on the maths paper?

Maths Paper 1 DEB HL Spoiler:
    Question 1: Real roots- but its not a direct question- theres three graphs and you have to find the range of values represented by them...my teacher said its a roots question though!, then after that its expressing b in terms of a etc.

Q2- alpha/beta and simultaneous equations

Q6- Differentiate 1/x from first principles,, derivative and second derivative of xsinx, then show that a function has real roots and newton-raphson method.

Q7- parametric equations , and differentiate sin(-1) of root x, oh and part (a) is finding the slope of a tangeant to the curve y= ln3x where x is .5

Ill post business and rest of maths p1 later...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29 LCkillme

Did Music Listening DEB today! Was well handy! :D

How was it? What was the major q? And any dodgey ones? Irish music essays? :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement