Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Serenity Day reunion

• 27-05-2007 8:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 647 ✭✭✭

Anybody attending the Cant Stop The Serenity screening in Dublin this year? Click here to find out how to get your tickets.

Just to qoute the site on what this is all about,

"Can't Stop The Serenity [CSTS was conceived as a tribute to writer-director Joss Whedon on his birthday, June 23, by holding screenings of his 2005 film 'Serenity' wherever supporters were able to organize events. Proceeds from the events are donated to Equality Now, a charitable organization that Whedon's mother, Lee Stearns, helped launch. In 2006, there were events in 47 cities worldwide, raising over $65,000 for Equality Now.
    Events are scheduled in fifty-one (51) cities in nine countries, meeting the first stated goal of the organization to hold screenings in over fifty cities. A full list of cities holding screening events can be found at CantStopTheSerenity.com. CSTS organizers have also stated a goal of raising over $100,000 USD for Equality Now with the 2007 events."

So, basicly, Fans of Firefly get to see Serenity on the big screen again, and Equality now gets money. Everybody wins!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

I shall be in France, drunk and headbanging, but it is a cool idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Undergod

See Dave's post above re Bill's whereabouts.

Also, I've yet to watch Firefly and Serenity, and I'd want to be properly accquainted with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 647 ✭✭✭slasher_65

Tip: Watch Firefly first. You can get it on the cheap at CDwow.ie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

There is no better way to be acquainted with Serenity than in a cinema showing, tbh.

I, unfortunately, can;t make this. However I have bought someone else a ticket to it, so I've done my part.

What would be entirely awesome would be a day-long cinema-fest where they show the fourteen episodes of Firefly back to back, with short intervals, then a longer interval before showing Serenity. That would own.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

And cost so much. But own.

I wish I had a private cinema...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Undergod

slasher_65 wrote:
    Tip: Watch Firefly first. You can get it on the cheap at CDwow.ie

I always try to watch whatever is set first first.

• Registered Users Posts: 647 ✭✭✭slasher_65

Undergod wrote:
    I always try to watch whatever is set first first.

that would be Firefly. Sort of. In a way.
    General thinking is that you should watch Firefly first, so as not to spoil the entire series by watching the film. Which is partly set before, partly set after.

Raphael wrote:
    And cost so much. But own.

I wish I had a private cinema...

to allow for discussion and such during intervals, couldn't really do it in a cinema, or anywhere with such confined fixed seating, perhaps an appropriate bar or club? I'm going to have a lot of free time next year, and always did want to steal a great deal of money...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

I think I'm in Irish College or something when this is on, but I'm sure it'll be great :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

Ew, Irish College, why would you go there? : p

Advertisement