Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact [email protected]

[FPL] - GW28 Transfers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 486 ✭✭Juxtapose

Went for an 8 point hit due to alot of players being absent last week.

Hopefully made a good decision long term, what u think?

Aguero - Rooney
    Kelly - Skrtel
    Sess - McClean

have avoided big hits all year, hopefully this one can pay off..

• Registered Users Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

Anyone getting in any Everton players?

I was half tempted again by Drenthe. Then I remembered how let down I was by him during the last DGW, 23 minutes and 1 point.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

I wouldn't go near Drenthe, he was terrible when I had him and don't think he's ever guaranteed a game.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,579 ✭✭✭✭dahat

roryc wrote: »
    I wouldn't go near Drenthe, he was terrible when I had him and don't think he's ever guaranteed a game.

Queue the goal and assist per game this week...........

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

thunderdog wrote: »
    Is it worth taking a 4 point hit to get a Liverpool mid in for Sessegnon this week? I usually get a little over excited about these DGWs and end up with lots of dead wood afterwards but at the moment I don't have any DGW players.

I can only afford either Spearing/Henderson/Maxi Rodriguez

Unless you absolutely need not to lose 0.1 on Sess I don't think it is. Forget Maxi anyway. He's played only 7 games (including 2 15 min appearances) this year. Spearing & Henderson don't really grab points. So you'll be looking to just break even your -4.

Or you may just give Drenthe another chance pacman.gifpacman.gifpacman.gif

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭shadowcomplex

Would any of you sell bale or silva for young, if so which one or should I hold off?It will cost me 4pts

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

No I wouldn't get rid of either for young

• Closed Accounts Posts: 287 ✭✭Maggie McGaggie

1. SUBSTITUTION
    2. Joleon Lescott is on now to replace Vincent Kompany - and City come close to an opener. A corner is played short to James Milner, he crosses into the box and Kolo Toure rises high to plant a header down which Rui Patricio kicks out. Very sharp stop from the new Portugal number one.
    3. 1810:
      City are still down to 10 men at the moment with Nigel de Jong filling in at the back - and Sporting have an effort. Joao Pereira pushes forward from right-back and fires in a low shot which Joe Hart beats clear. Good save from the England man.

4. 1808:
      This is bad news for Manchester City. Bad news indeed. Captain Vincent Kompany has pulled up and is coming off after just eight minutes. Possibly a calf injury. He had his hand up instantly

• Registered Users Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Feck!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,844 ✭✭✭carlcon

I hope Kompany is healthy and capable of living a full happy life... but I did just punch the air at the news. Never happy to see an injury, but a couple of weeks out would be favourable. :D

*Edit* - Early reports from City saying 10 days.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 4,991 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shane732

carlcon wrote: »
    I hope Kompany is healthy and capable of living a full happy life... but I did just punch the air at the news. Never happy to see an injury, but a couple of weeks out would be favourable. :D

*Edit* - Early reports from City saying 10 days.

People reckon Clichy will be a starter for the rest of the season?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 4,991 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shane732

Plus will Evans start now that Smalling is back and most of the United defence is back?

I could drop Kompany for Clichy and upgrade Evans....

• Registered Users Posts: 23,789 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

works out perfectly for me
    can leave richards in now and swap kompany for skrtel and
    two transfers also this week for me
    not going anywhere near suarez...no thank you, dgw or not

Shane732 wrote: »
    Plus will Evans start now that Smalling is back and most of the United defence is back?

I could drop Kompany for Clichy and upgrade Evans....

Ultimately, Smalling and Jones will both be preferred to Evans, but as it is now... Evans is probably safe for the time being.

Mostly because Smalling and Rio can't go 5 minutes without getting injured. I've been following those back 4 very intently over the last month because I brought Smalling in instead of Evans. At the moment, there still hasn't been an important game when all 4 were fit and fighting for places in defence. Either Smalling/Rio has been injured, Jones has been in midfield, or all of the above.

Evans has benefited from remaining fit. That's all that's going for him really. And with Smalling injured and a bloody mess again tonight, it's probably safe to say Evans will be playing for the foreseeable future.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭FatRat

Reina in for Lindegaard - Miyaichi in for Sess. Transfers confirmed.

As far as I'm concerned a good keeper is a must for the end of the season. You only have 2 and if both are on fairly s**te teams there will be little chance of clean sheets. Reina has amazing fixtures from now til the end of the season. I'd expect at least 5 or 6 more clean sheets and I have Vorm to back him up when the fixtures are a bit tough. So now I've a Pool defensive player, Spurs defender and City defender. Next is united and the backline is sorted imo.
    Miyaichi's a bit of a gamble but he's been heaped with praise since he joined Bolton and they've amazing fixtures but I'm not expecting much from a 4.9 mid overall.

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭RB100

Yea I have Jones but I don't think I will put him in I'm just not convinced of United and I really don't think they will keep a clean sheet. Coming from a United supporter.. I'll just stay with Enrique, BAE, R Taylor, Lescott

• Registered Users Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

So Kompany and Kelly both confirmed out for at least this weekend. I'm on a wildcard so Lescott seems the obvious choice, seems to be assured of a game and has banged in two goals recently.

It leaves me 4.1m for another defender, any ideas? Shotton seems a steal at 4m, but not really guaranteed a start. Caulker also seems ok at 4m, but Swansea aren't near as tight at the back as they used to be. McCauley at West Brom is the only other viable option I can see, but I can't really put much faith in a WB defender.

Also debating whether or not to include Sigurddson in the first 11 - City missing two key defenders could weaken their defence enough that if Swansea score, he's likely to be involved.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Don't know what Mancini was doing last night risking Kompany in a Europa game last night. Kompany is probably the most consistent defender in the PL this year and if City want to win it, they need him fit.

Works out well enough for me because I've Sig in midfield but it's a pity to see Kompany gone. The past two weekends I've only been able to field ten players and I now have Kompany, Valencia and Kelly injured for this weekend.

Still won't be taking a 4 point hit to get anyone in. I should definitely be able to field 11 this weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Maverick91

Hello all,

Would you do Valencia > Nani for a 4 point hit ?

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭ciantheod

Am seriously thinking of bringing in Oxlade C for sess , but worried no where else mentioning him as an option , is he injured ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

ciantheod wrote: »
    Am seriously thinking of bringing in Oxlade C for sess , but worried no where else mentioning him as an option , is he injured ?

He's not guaranteed to start or get near 90 minutes and I heard he picked up a slight knock the other night.

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭ciantheod

Lemlin wrote: »
    He's not guaranteed to start or get near 90 minutes and I heard he picked up a slight knock the other night.

Been waiting on Guardian team sheets to see if he's listed .he's cheap , gets assists and goals when he plays .if he's a doubt back to the drawing board to replace sess with 6.2 as im also getting in rooney for ageuro , may look at rosiky

Maverick91 wrote: »
    Hello all,

Would you do Valencia > Nani for a 4 point hit ?

That mostly depends on whether you want a quick fix (short term) or a player to stick by until the end.

There are probably better options than Nani if you're on every week making changes. But if you're looking for someone who's likely to do you well until the finish, Nani is one of the best choices, for sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,262 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

I think there's a serious amount of value midfielders now. Seriously thinking of transferring Silva out for a cheaper alternative

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Anyone taking a chance on the enigma that is Drenthe? I want to get rid of Sessegnon,I have Silva,Bale,Sigg,Mclean already and can't afford Dempsey.

Been contemplating giving Drenthe another chance but also veering towards Cleverly as I reckon he'll play and do well this weekend.

Ahhhhhhhh don't mention the D word

:( Sad times :(

manual_man wrote: »
    Ahhhhhhhh don't mention the D word

:( Sad times :(

That's what's holding me back,Pilkington could be an alternative.At home to a poor Wigan side.

• Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭DazzlerIE

I think there's a serious amount of value midfielders now. Seriously thinking of transferring Silva out for a cheaper alternative

You and me both

Except it'll be a United midfielder I get in for him I'd say

DazzlerIE wrote: »

You and me both

Except it'll be a United midfielder I get in for him I'd say

There's so many options. Tho Valencia is on my radar. He might not play all games, but I think he'll play most. Have a decent sub to come on in case and you'll be sorted. Will be down to 7.6 after tonight

• Advertisement

There's so many options. Tho Valencia is on my radar. He might not play all games, but I think he'll play most. Have a decent sub to come on in case and you'll be sorted. Will be down to 7.6 after tonight

Feck it,I got Cleverly in,he'll do as a place filler if nothing else (or be my secret weapon this week) until Valencia is back next week.I need some kind of differential this week.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement