Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Military Photo Thread (Discussion)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,296 ✭✭✭Horse84

Grim. wrote: »
    sad to hear about these two being killed

RIP

• Registered Users Posts: 7,463 ✭✭✭Leftyflip

• Registered Users Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭OzCam

Leftyflip wrote: »
    Errm??

That position is for shooting at helicopters. It's an easy field expedient way to get the elevation you need.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,261 ✭✭✭Puding

that picture does seem a little off as the belt feeds from the right on the pkm but it is still a valid improvised anti air stance trained out, seen it a few times but manly from east block country from the pictures i;ve come across in the past

g-cvr-110307-libya-6agrid-8x2.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭Firekitten

Hmm, second from the right looks deeply like a certain someone I can recognise, if I can, others can ... that picture should have the faces masked up Dave... its possible to ID them...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭MindPhuck

thanks for posting that. that really made my day man :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭MerryDespot

whydave wrote: »
    n500886504_56728_7151.jpg
    Finnish Army :D

So THAT's the dude who won the winter war...

• Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭DoBhrionn

800xy.jpg
    Errm??

That's how it's done apparently, according to sources, ridiculous as it seems. Using the 7.62 round it's good to fire at aircraft, mainly helicopters.
    This method was also used in World War 2 on the Bren gun for on slow moving and low flying targets in the sky.
    Crazy stuff though.

Ah merlins... gotta love em. Getting a combat insertion (admitedly on ex) in those was amazing craic. Though not when the grass the thing hovered over turned out to be a lot deeper than you expected. (Cue pile of bodies at the ramp end), and a very amused loadie.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

love to see them use an RPG like that ,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,061 ✭✭✭whydave

WANT !!!
    30500092.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 941 ✭✭✭AlternateID

Firekitten wrote: »
    Hmm, second from the right looks deeply like a certain someone I can recognise, if I can, others can ... that picture should have the faces masked up Dave... its possible to ID them...

Did I see that pic on panorama this evening with the faces blured?

• Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭DoBhrionn

WANT !!!
    I'm of the same mind...I've been looking for a CQB barrel everywher but to no avail :( ...maybe I'm not looking in the right places....

Did I see that pic on panorama this evening with the faces blured?
    Didnt see the show, but i expect so. Guys with an ops history like them shouldnt be posted so obviously. It is on milphotos too, but that doesnt make it right... Im quite concerned about it infact. They got up to some secret squirrel antics and pee'd off both sides.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,214 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manic Moran

Tankers carry the M9 (Beretta FS92). MPs and aircrew get the M11 (SIG P228).

I need to come back to this one, quickly. I work with a light colonel who runs an M.I. battalion, they just did their range quals. Their pistol is also the M11. I wonder if it's not spread out to the extent that any non-combat arms unit uses the M11, to cater for the females.

NTM

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

The ol first shot double action trigger pull. Not allowed to just cock the hammer by thumb I take it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭Poccington

Firekitten wrote: »
    Ah merlins... gotta love em. Getting a combat insertion (admitedly on ex) in those was amazing craic. Though not when the grass the thing hovered over turned out to be a lot deeper than you expected. (Cue pile of bodies at the ramp end), and a very amused loadie.

Nothing worse is there? Happened to me on an Ex while getting out of a 139.

Tanked up in complete battle rattle, with an 84 for good measure we barreled off the chopper and I straight away ended up waist deep in a ****ing bog. Spent the next 16k walking while soaked, absolutely cursing the IAC and everything to do with them.

I think they do it on purpose.

AUG carbine barrel, 407mm.
    WANT !!!

Soon, my precious, soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

OzCam wrote: »
    AUG carbine barrel, 407mm.

Soon, my precious, soon.

If I recall, you already have a shortie barrel for your AUG Bernard? I seem to recall you using one at one point at Berget 7 (or else I imagined the whole thing; the barrel, not B7 :pac: )

• Advertisement

Lemming wrote: »
    If I recall, you already have a shortie barrel for your AUG Bernard? I seem to recall you using one at one point at Berget 7 (or else I imagined the whole thing; the barrel, not B7 :pac: )

Yes, that's the 350mm Compact barrel, the shortest one there is. I had to get a ported cylinder for the JG AUG to make it work properly, but it's great indoors.

It's easy to make; you just have to buy an adapter from eHobby and a short inner barrel.

The carbine barrel doesn't seem to be commercially available, but I'm having a standard barrel cut down. I must order the inner barrel soon...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭1man3letters

seen this aug in the back ops thread (odd i know) but just look at the gnarlyism of it! winning! (its the last post on page)
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056084360&page=128

The ol first shot double action trigger pull. Not allowed to just cock the hammer by thumb I take it?

Eh? No, it's due to grip size. The FS92 is one of the larger pistols out there, a lot of females just can't reach around with their fingers far enough to hold it right. I always fire single action only on the qualification range with the M9.
    Yes, that's the 350mm Compact barrel, the shortest one there is. I had to get a ported cylinder for the JG AUG to make it work properly, but it's great indoors

Meh. Real riflemen use the longest barrel possible.

NTM

• Registered Users Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

NTM

Tank barrels don't count. That's just cheating :p

American tankers are smoothboremen, not riflemen.

NTM

Short barrels are handy when you don't have the option of driving through or over a building, or reducing it to rubble from a couple of thousand metres away. :)

American tankers are smoothboremen, not riflemen.

NTM
    Yeah, they arent man enough for rifling at that size :D not like the Brits ;) They may be the Chavilry, but they can handle a bit of twist :P

Ozcam: the CAS Radio is mightier than the CQB rifle :P

OzCam wrote: »
    Short barrels are handy when you don't have the option of driving through or over a building, or reducing it to rubble from a couple of thousand metres away. :)

Do they even have a bayonet mount on a bullpup carbine barrel?

drive+me+closer_+i+want+to+hit+them+with+my+sword.png

NTM

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

try the ARW aug cqb barrel and Cmag as standard

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,061 ✭✭✭whydave

drive+me+closer_+i+want+to+hit+them+with+my+sword.png
    NTM

I've seen your posts of your collection of BOOM sticks and now you tell use you have a sword !!!!!!!

Advertisement