Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Official Weekly LIVE iMPACT Wrestling Thread!

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    How much does it cost ROH? They run the Hammerstein a good bit.

$15,000 is apparently what it costs to run an ROH show at the Hammerstein (excl. the $10,000 broadcast charge). That excludes the talent bill.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

rovert wrote: »
    $15,000 is apparently what it costs to run an ROH show at the Hammerstein (excl. the $10,000 broadcast charge). That excludes the talent bill.

I'm guessing the TNA one doesnt include talent either so they are getting ripped off big time. 12 times as much for the exact same venue?

Hammerstein is a great venue but that is a stupid waste of money unless they are using it 12 times.

I'm guessing the TNA one doesnt include talent either so they are getting ripped off big time. 12 times as much for the exact same venue?

Hammerstein is a great venue but that is a stupid waste of money unless they are using it 12 times.

The people who run the Hammerstein are known robbers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

Who negotiated that deal Damien Comolli?

GTR63 wrote: »
    Who negotiated that deal Damien Comolli?

I can imagine it:

TNA: We want the venue for [insert dates], how much?

Hammerstein: Uhh... $300k?

TNA: Deal.

Hammerstein: :eek: :D

• Advertisement

Ethan Carter is other worldly here:

Even by people who like/are fair on TNA Impact is meant to be terrible this week.

My favourite crazy thing on a TNA blog in a good bit:
    TNA are really hitting their stride right now creatively as almost everything is clicking for me. The characters, the storylines, the feuds, they're all resonating with me and it's exciting as a fan. Of course, this has triggered another wave of anti-TNA sentiment all over the internet that has spread unfortunately to some of the top wrestling sites. It's unfortunate simply because this is not a testament of how bad TNA's product is, but rather evidence that the hatred and pettiness is driven by one's own ego and inability to fairly evaluate a company when there's so much resentment. Because make no mistake, TNA fans, this is all about resentment for this wonderful company's ability to overcome obstacle after obstacle and setback after setback. TNA will not give up and the more Dixie Carter fights to grow TNA one fan at a time, year after year, the more the haters will try to troll those of us who are real fans. At the end of the day, folks, TNA will fail or succeed because of the fans, not the supposed journalists on Pro Wrestling Dot Net or the sheep who spread the word of the all-mighty Meltzer on social media. As long as there are sites like TNAMecca, real fans will always have a voice and a platform to show their support for TNA.

http://www.tnamecca.com/2014/03/tna-thursday-randomania-mar-20-2014.html#disqus_thread

http://www.pwinsider.com/article/84403/tna-knockout-done-with-tna.html?p=1

Seems TNA & Lei`d Tapa are done

Lei'd Tapa, the daughter of the Barbarian, finished up with TNA as of this past weekend's TV tapings. Her final TV appearance was tonight on Impact Wrestling, losing to Gail Kim.
    Tapa posted the following on her Twitter: "When One Door Closes another door opens! Thanks @ImpactWrestling for the opportunity to share with the world my passion for what I enjoy doing! To all of my fans I love you all & thank you for your Loyal support from day 1!! Forever grateful and blessed!! Looking forward to the future & great things to come!! Keep supporting Queen Of Rings we bout to takeover!! To the top we go!!! #BowDown"

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

My favourite crazy thing on a TNA blog in a good bit:

These people can be wonderfully delusional. I've watched about 40 minutes of iMPACT! and it is rather bad.

• Advertisement

These people can be wonderfully delusional. I've watched about 40 minutes of iMPACT! and it is rather bad.

Heard the Gunner angle was the only thing of note.

Sad how they have handled the Wolves. I thought they would revitalise things but TNA has to get moar talking into the show.

Heard the Gunner angle was the only thing of note.

Would've been more effective had they not already done a feud ending Last Man Standing match. It was a really good angle though.

I enjoyed most of it. Last few weeks were better but it's a million times more enjoyable than the average Raw so thats all that matters in my mind.

Glad Tapa is gone, she offered nothing and hadnt improved at all. Think they rushed the Madison Rayne stuff. Should have left Angelina turning on her until next week when Madison turns them down again. Most of the matches got decent time. Something that almost never happens for TNA. They always seem to rush them. As for the Wolves, its a shame Bad Influence look to be done. That would have been a great feud. Credit to Papa Gunner for getting so involved. Non wrestlers dont usually do that much. Papa Cena got a little push and a few slaps and had to go to the hospital.

They really need to make better use of Xplosion. Every week they have to leave people off TV due to a lack of time. This week was missing: Aries, Sabin, Bad Influence, Manik, Mr. Anderson and Sam Shaw along with others that only had small parts. The extra hour would make a big difference if they wanted to use it. It already airs internationally so stick it on the website for the States and hope a network picks it up.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

The Gunner/Storm angle actually shocked me. Looked brilliant and I was really into it. Never thought I'd hate Storm in a classic heel way but that was proper heat. A great segment.

The Knux/Mike Knox vignette was strangely done. Wonder what's to come there.

Bobby Lashley bores me. Don't know why he's even around. Bland and his offense looked terrible on this episode.

The 3 way tag match was ok but not great. The Bad Influence in that match would have been a fun inclusion.

Just looked at the ratings and seen they took a big hit this week. Only after the misleading headline does it say it was against March Madness in the states. Considering that, almost the exact same as last year. It's amazing how popular college sports are over there.

IMPACT did 1.38m the same time last year against the highest rated first Thursday of March Madness in 22 years.

IMPACT did 1.38m the same time last year against the highest rated first Thursday of March Madness in 22 years.

Not according to prowrestling.net
    It is worth noting that TNA drew a 1.03 rating while facing March Madness round one games in 2012, and 0.872 rating against the first round games on March 22 last year.

Thursday's was rounded off to 0.86 with just under 1m viewers. A tiny difference that wouldnt account for ~40% fewer viewers.

http://www.pwinsider.com/article/84421/tna-audience-takes-a-hit.html?p=1

March 21st last year had 1.387m viewers. The same night had the most watched March Madness opening Thursday in 22 years. The drop vs. last week is due to March Madness, but year to year TNA is much worse off.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,340 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

Credit to Papa Gunner for getting so involved. Non wrestlers dont usually do that much. Papa Cena got a little push and a few slaps and had to go to the hospital.

forgot about this i see

Orton+punt+Cena+dad.gif

gunner and storm is the only interesting thing on impact these days so of course when they do a big angle of half killing someone mid-way through the show you hear or see nothing from storm, gunner or his father again :P

rossie1977 wrote: »
    forgot about this i see

Orton+punt+Cena+dad.gif
    A couple of months ago he got a couple of slaps and had to leave in an ambulance :pac:
    gunner and storm is the only interesting thing on impact these days so of course when they do a big angle of half killing someone mid-way through the show you hear or see nothing from storm, gunner or his father again :P

Didnt they mention that Papa Gunner was off to get medical attention? I'm guessing that Gunner went with him, explaining those two. Then,why would Storm show up again? He would just be putting himself in the firing line when there is no need for him to do so. He got the last shot in so he should be pretty happy with himself. No need for him to go looking for trouble.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,713 ✭✭✭eireannBEAR

gunner and storm is the only interesting thing on impact these days

Lunacy TNA has improved immensely im enjoying ever angle even the anderson bit. TNA is on the up and deserves applause the new wrestlers are kicking ass EC3 has came into his own and now roode is due a feud with bully...great stuff imo.

Lunacy TNA has improved immensely im enjoying ever angle even the anderson bit. TNA is on the up and deserves applause the new wrestlers are kicking ass EC3 has came into his own and now roode is due a feud with bully...great stuff imo.

I agree with you but dont think it is worth arguing over. Different people like drastically different things. Bobby Lashley for example gets cheered quite a bit every week!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,713 ✭✭✭eireannBEAR

I agree with you but dont think it is worth arguing over. Different people like drastically different things. Bobby Lashley for example gets cheered quite a bit every week!

Bahahaha I was thinking that watching impact this week,What are they cheering for,what do they think he will bring...Charisma? NO!! entertaining matches NOT A CHANCE!! :D

They could of spent their money on another up and comer that japanese guy has been impressive though.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,340 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

Didnt they mention that Papa Gunner was off to get medical attention? I'm guessing that Gunner went with him, explaining those two. Then,why would Storm show up again? He would just be putting himself in the firing line when there is no need for him to do so. He got the last shot in so he should be pretty happy with himself. No need for him to go looking for trouble.

if they did i and most of the audience missed it. storm tried to kill another human (a non-wrestler or audience member no less) and tna should have totally focused the rest of the show around that angle. someone in tna should have got hold of storm to explain his motivations for what he did.

personally not a big fan of guys wearing red wigs, 2 minute hardcore matches involving half a mannequin or wrestlers talking to empty chairs for 5 minutes while dramatic music plays in the background. but if you think that's great who am i to argue ;)

tna on the up but viewership is down 40% from this week a year ago. 900 tickets sold for lockdown. aj/hogan/sting gone, bad influence, aries and sabins contracts up soon, angles up in september, joe and jeffs at the end of the year. tv contract with spike expiring soon and viacom one of the main bidders for raw/sd and jarretts new project.

Bahahaha I was thinking that watching impact this week,What are they cheering for,what do they think he will bring...Charisma? NO!! entertaining matches NOT A CHANCE!! :D

I dont mind Lashley as much as others do. He has a good presence, looks the part and is decent enough in the ring. His downside is he sounds like a 12 year old girl meaning he should never talk. That's hard to push. I think with the right mouth piece he would make a good upper card guy.
    They could of spent their money on another up and comer that japanese guy has been impressive though.

I reckon their will be more guys coming over from Wrestle-1. Chances are they dont cost TNA a cent outside of maybe flights. Muta has said he wants their title to be defended globally so it is a legit World title. As far as I can tell they dont have a champion yet but I'm guessing they have at least talked about having him defend (whenever it comes along) in TNA. Muta also got a great response at Lockdown so it would be nice if he did it every few months as a way to introduce another of the Wrestle-1 guys to the TNA fanbase like with Sanada.

They could also make use of the AAA deal. I'm pretty sure they have yet to actually use it. AAA use it, but TNA dont seem interested. I'm not up on my lucha, but the roster has a lot of names I recognize. Surely a couple of them could be used every now and then.

EC3, Spud & Sam Shaw are an absolute riot anyone who doesn't recognise that is blind or likely another idiot that just pisses & moans about the show then probably doesn't even bother watching it.

Outside of the Gunner/Storm this show was truly horrid.

The whole Bully talking to an empty chair this was beyond stupid. Bully needs better as he just coming off wanting to murder Anderson’s wife and set his newborn twins on fire.

The whole Joe Park thing lead to nowhere we are just back to 2009 Abyss.

MVP was meant to usher in change and to be this smart character. Already he's a clown.

So much dumb and tone deaf writing to list.
    I dont mind Lashley as much as others do. He has a good presence, looks the part and is decent enough in the ring. His downside is he sounds like a 12 year old girl meaning he should never talk. That's hard to push. I think with the right mouth piece he would make a good upper card guy.

Devoid of facial expressions too.

tna on the up but viewership is down 40% from this week a year ago. 900 tickets sold for lockdown. aj/hogan/sting gone, bad influence, aries and sabins contracts up soon, angles up in september, joe and jeffs at the end of the year. tv contract with spike expiring soon and viacom one of the main bidders for raw/sd and jarretts new project.

Big names mean nothing. The (average) rating is almost the exact same now as it was when they had Hogan, Flair, Sting, RVD, Nash, Angle etc all over the show. John Cena and the Rock could debut next week and it would be more or less the same rating shortly after. A bump for a week or two like when Hogan debuted but then back to normal.

TNA were at their best before they started relying on the big names. In 2005 they had a few like Jarrett and Nash but the vast majority of the roster were the likes of Styles, Daniels, Joe, Sabin, Monty, Shelley, AMW etc. People that were not massive names. That was the attraction. It was actually an alternative. Recently, they have been going back to that approach. Take out Hardy and Angle and the biggest names they have are the likes of Lashley and MVP. Just like in 2005. Sorta big but not overpowering like Hogan etc.

For the contracts, I'd expect Joe, Hardy, Sabin and Aries to stay. Aries I'm least confidant on. Angle is gone and Bad Influence probably are too. Even if only for a few months.

The big worry is the Spike contracts. Everything else is (very) slowly being put right in my book.

Outside of the Gunner/Storm this show was truly horrid.

Really hope you manage to avoid Raw most weeks if you though this was horrid :pac:
    The whole Bully talking to an empty chair this was beyond stupid. Bully needs better as he just coming off wanting to murder Anderson’s wife and set his newborn twins on fire.

Definitely should have been someone sitting there, even if it was just some random girl Roode paid off to make Bully think Dixie was actually there. They hardly showed the chair but it was pretty obvious in the short glimpses that it was empty.

• Advertisement

Really hope you manage to avoid Raw most weeks if you though this was horrid :pac:.

Raw has been pretty good lately. Also Raw has Wrestling on it and it isn't over written.
    Definitely should have been someone sitting there, even if it was just some random girl Roode paid off to make Bully think Dixie was actually there. They hardly showed the chair but it was pretty obvious in the short glimpses that it was empty.

Bully is meant to be a smart cunning character.

Advertisement