Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

More Tesco Bargains [No Off-Topic Chat - See Post #1]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

Forgot to say that the Walkers 24 pack are now €2 (They actually are €2 this time, unlike before christmas where it only appeared that they were €2 because of the signs!!)

I was wondering about those, I bought a bag before x-mas for €4 was delighted. Saw a wall full of them in Dunnes the other day for €4 said I'd have another bag of them.

They are out of date on the 21st of Jan, I wouldnt be bothered even if they were past it, but Dunnes had alot of them to clear or get credit for.

Do the ones in Tesco have a yellow sticker over the bar code? I would still buy another pack, I'd get 2 months out of it!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,396 ✭✭✭lindtee

wmpdd3 wrote: »

Do the ones in Tesco have a yellow sticker over the bar code? I would still buy another pack, I'd get 2 months out of it!!!

Got them in Mahon in Cork and they were priced at €2 on the shelf label. No yellow reduced to clear sticker and best before 11th Feb.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭bigpink

How did ye all get these bargains??

Im in Tesco in Limerick city maybe 2 or 3 times a week and never see many things reduced very cheap
    Sometimes im in the Tesco in Cresent Shopping centre and the same

Where are these price checkers

• Registered Users Posts: 51,485 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Walkers = rubbish
    Tayto = lovely
    :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,401 ✭✭✭✭cson

I'm the opposite in fact; Walkers > Tayto.

Tayto are just too full on salty and flavour wise. Heartburn central. Walkers are just the right blend, never get a shite crisp either unlike Tayto with their policy of 2/3 black crisps per packet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,485 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

cson wrote: »
    I'm the opposite in fact; Walkers > Tayto.

Tayto are just too full on salty and flavour wise. Heartburn central. Walkers are just the right blend, never get a shite crisp either unlike Tayto with their policy of 2/3 black crisps per packet.

I demand a poll.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,449 ✭✭✭nudger

I demand a poll.

Feck off to Food and drink, hijacker.

Tayto = Greasy, stale, bog warrior fodder.

lindtee wrote: »
    Got them in Mahon in Cork and they were priced at €2 on the shelf label. No yellow reduced to clear sticker and best before 11th Feb.

I think it may be a local reduction, without yellow labels, they are still €4 in the local stores here.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,897 ✭✭✭thesandeman

Just a reminder for the Belgian Flaked Truffles 135g still 74c.
    They might have been missed out in the current choc fountain.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,176 ✭✭✭✭noodler

I thought I posted something about the news story about the decline Tesco's share price, but I can't see it.

Do posts get deleted here without someone having to send a pm?

Yeah, such a post in a bargain alert thread would naturally be considered off-topic.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,180 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dr Bob

I demand a poll.
    On an irish forum it'd be a bit with skewed , with people nostalgia voting for "de taaaytos liike".(personally I preferred Farmer brown crisps when I was a nipped , especially as I remember they used to stick a tenner in random packets as a competition ).

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

bigpink wrote: »
    How did ye all get these bargains??

Im in Tesco in Limerick city maybe 2 or 3 times a week and never see many things reduced very cheap
    Sometimes im in the Tesco in Cresent Shopping centre and the same

Where are these price checkers

The tesco in the Crescent has a price checker on one of the frozen food aisles.

It's also possible to ask a staff member where the price checker is in the store.

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭gazzaman22

On an irish forum it'd be a bit with skewed , with people nostalgia voting for "de taaaytos liike".(personally I preferred Farmer brown crisps when I was a nipped , especially as I remember they used to stick a tenner in random packets as a competition ).

"MA REILLYS" Num num num:pac::pac::pac::pac: 10 p a bag!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,897 ✭✭✭thesandeman

Smiths crisps from Five Star. Think they were meant to taste salty and stale. Were worth it for 3d though.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Can people please stick to the topic at hand?

Thank you!

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭siber

Bought these Doria Amaretti biscuits 250gm in Tesco in Birr today for just 49cents. Best before June 2012.
    I checked the price on Tesco online and they are selling them for €3.49

IDShot_225x225.jpg

I would over-dose if I found them!!

• Registered Users Posts: 741 ✭✭✭Stripey Cat

noodler wrote: »
    Yeah, such a post in a bargain alert thread would naturally be considered off-topic.

It's a Tesco bargain alert thread though. I would have thought the company we're talking about's market position was relevant, no?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,835 ✭✭✭RayCon

In Tesco - Maynooth ... La Terre Rouge French Table wine (500ml pouch) - €1 reduced to clear :eek: .... bought 4 ... say a prayer for my head :D

..... about 8 left as of 1pm

• Registered Users Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭Doodah7

Smiths crisps from Five Star. Think they were meant to taste salty and stale. Were worth it for 3d though.

:eek:

I remember them. They were rank!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,616 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

500ml pouch

Good luck with that one ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 26,176 ✭✭✭✭noodler

It's a Tesco bargain alert thread though. I would have thought the company we're talking about's market position was relevant, no?

??

No, not unless they are closing down FFS.

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭AlkalineAcid

100g Cadbury's Mint Crisp bars are 39c in Phibsboro at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

RayCon wrote: »
    In Tesco - Maynooth ... La Terre Rouge French Table wine (500ml pouch) - €1 reduced to clear :eek: .... bought 4 ... say a prayer for my head :D

Mmmm a puch of wine. Sounds so appealing! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭keltoms05

100g alpine milka bars - 32 cent in Tesco drumcondra

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭siber

Tesco Belgian Flaked Truffles 135gm 37 cent

IDShot_225x225.jpg

Tesco Toblerone Tobelle 160gm €1.39

IDShot_225x225.jpg

4 Pack XXX Mints 42 cents

103717-228x228.jpg

Galaxy - A Gift For You 38 gm 20 cent

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRbfLqEsq4whwVPoDo5DYcY1B-8RD1hhxDV8q9ZeOr-qNR0aXWd

I hope the pictures help some of you pick up some of these.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

Tesco Value Chocolate Eclairs

212%5C5010204416212%5CIDShot_225x225.jpg

16 cent!

• Registered Users Posts: 729 ✭✭✭holly8

RayCon wrote: »

i got some of these a few weeks ago, nothing wrong with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭batmanzed

Hi, just back from Tesco Extra in Naas where I picked up a Star Wars lightsabre for €15 down from €36ish. Awesome toy, I'm currently fighting with my 2 year old about who's turn it is, probably should have gotten 2.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭crushproof

12 bottles of 275ml Becks is €5.....a massive €8 discount, couldn't believe it when I saw it. Pity it's only 4%.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement