Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Horrific Footage of Homeless Schizophrenic beaten by cops

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭zenno

On Wednesday, Judge Walter Schwarm ruled that two Fullerton, California police officers — Manuel Ramos and Jay Cicinelli — will have to stand trial in the death of a schizophrenic, homeless man, Kelly Thomas, after they mercilessly beat him for over nine minutes last year.

http://www.thenewamerican.com/usnews/crime/item/11359-judge-sends-kelly-thomas-murder-case-to-trial It hurts to already know that these scumbags will get off. You may ask why I think they will be acquitted.. well the reason this will probably be the case is because higher heads in this sad department in Fullerton will make it a priority to.

I hope Justice will be done but I doubt it, as the whole state is so corrupt.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Patrick2010

zenno wrote: »
    On Wednesday, Judge Walter Schwarm ruled that two Fullerton, California police officers — Manuel Ramos and Jay Cicinelli — will have to stand trial in the death of a schizophrenic, homeless man, Kelly Thomas, after they mercilessly beat him for over nine minutes last year.

http://www.thenewamerican.com/usnews/crime/item/11359-judge-sends-kelly-thomas-murder-case-to-trial It hurts to already know that these scumbags will get off. You may ask why I think they will be acquitted.. well the reason this will probably be the case is because higher heads in this sad department in Fullerton will make it a priority to.

I hope Justice will be done but I doubt it, as the whole state is so corrupt.

From the article...

The defense attorneys hope to make the case that it was in fact the medics who treated Thomas that caused his death.

From the article...

The defense attorneys hope to make the case that it was in fact the medics who treated Thomas that caused his death.

ahh for fcuk sake, I give up, what will they come up with next.

I can smell riots if this is not taken care of in a professional manner.

Murderers... They actually look like ex-convicts, how Ironic.

They will always look after the group within the group and it is in actual fact a code of honour within every police department in the U.S. Even if the cops are bad, no-one within this force will rat. ...Problem number 1.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭ziggy23

Jesus I hope to **** they don't get away with this:mad: This has been playing on my mind the past few days. I just can't get the poor man and his screams out of my head:(

Well it just shows that even his mother can be bribed. His mother took the payoff and can not now proceed with anything in future.

A unanimous vote by Fullerton city council members Tuesday granted the mother of a mentally ill homeless man who died after a violent confrontation with police a $1 million settlement with the city, officials said.

In exchange, Cathy Thomas agreed to not pursue any further claims or lawsuits seeking damages for the July 2011 death of her son, Kelly, according to a statement released Tuesday.

Both officers were ordered to stand trial on all charges in the death of Kelly Thomas. They are scheduled to appear in court on May 22.

Source: http://www.nbclosangeles.com/news/local/Kelly-Thomas-Fullerton-Police-Beating-Death-Ron-Thomas-Mother-Settlement-151651455.html

http://www.ocregister.com/news/thomas-354394-settlement-court.html

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,564 ✭✭✭✭steddyeddy

Well it just shows that even his mother can be bribed. His mother took the payoff and can not now proceed with anything in future.

A unanimous vote by Fullerton city council members Tuesday granted the mother of a mentally ill homeless man who died after a violent confrontation with police a $1 million settlement with the city, officials said.

In exchange, Cathy Thomas agreed to not pursue any further claims or lawsuits seeking damages for the July 2011 death of her son, Kelly, according to a statement released Tuesday.

Both officers were ordered to stand trial on all charges in the death of Kelly Thomas. They are scheduled to appear in court on May 22.

Source: http://www.nbclosangeles.com/news/local/Kelly-Thomas-Fullerton-Police-Beating-Death-Ron-Thomas-Mother-Settlement-151651455.html

http://www.ocregister.com/news/thomas-354394-settlement-court.html

When cops batter innocent men the word officer no longer applies.

steddyeddy wrote: »
    When cops batter innocent men the word officer no longer applies.

They are just Bad to the Bone. I will be monitoring this trial but it will be 2/3 months before we hear a verdict.

I ponder on this case and I am thinking as to the security of the jury ? well think of it, in a small state like Fullerton California i'm sure the Fullerton police can/will threaten any member of the jury into a not Guilty verdict, as i said i'm just pondering...

I just hope that after 2/3 months when the trial ends that people here and in the United States will remember this. These two nutcases have to be done, we all seen the solid proof, A few months to go so time out till the verdict.

FULLERTON – The two Fullerton police officers facing charges in the death of Kelly Thomas have received letters from the acting police chief saying he has decided to fire them from the department.

Source: http://www.ocregister.com/articles/thomas-355823-officers-ramos.html

• Registered Users Posts: 415 ✭✭shampoosuicide

Bambi wrote: »
    Violent scene is shocking shock :eek:

How not to get beaten up by de coppers 101:

Do: comply with lawful directions.

Don't: tell them your sick of being told what to do and then run off

jesus christ.

i genuinely hope you experience some police brutality some day.

Mod note:user banned

They are dragging this on so far as to make most people forget it ever happened, well that's not going to happen.

Until January 18th. They have to go down.

Source: http://www.ocregister.com/news/thomas-379238-fullerton-defense.html

By LARRY WELBORN and VIK JOLLY / THE ORANGE COUNTY REGISTER SANTA ANA – A hearing on a defense motion to dismiss charges against two former Fullerton police officers accused of beating a mentally ill homeless man to death in July 2011 was postponed Friday at the request of defense attorneys.

Orange County Superior Court Judge William Froeberg delayed the hearing until Jan. 18 after defense attorneys John Barnett and Michael Schwartz filed a request for a continuance to prepare additional legal briefs.

Barnett represents former Fullerton policeman Manuel Ramos, 38, who in September 2011 became the first police officer in Orange County history to be charged with murder for an incident that occurred while on duty and in uniform. He faces a possible 15-year term in prison if convicted of second-degree murder for the death of Kelly Thomas.

Thomas' father, Ron Thomas, asked Froeberg to give his son his day in court, saying 14 months had passed since the policemen were charged.
    "In the interest of my son, sir," he asked, "that we move ahead in a speedy manner.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭ Jamir Beautiful Wallflower

They are dragging this on so far as to make most people forget it ever happened, well that's not going to happen.

I doubt they're hoping people forget.. No doubt just like here a prosecution can take a long time to come to trial.

I'm waiting almost two years for a trail date to be set for an assault I was a witness to, a man was glassed in the head in a bar.. This is one of a few I'm waiting for, its a long process.

I also get where Bambi is coming from!.

People here think they're desensitized to witnessing violence, what they mean is they're used to watching a lot of youtube clips but that every once in a whle they come across one which is worse, more graphic than all the others.. Probably close to 99% of people here haven't seen a violent incident since a school yard fight back in the day.

Some people are very, very violent and almost have to be beaten within an inch of their lives before they'll stop fighting.. Unfortunately in this case the someone died and people are being brought to account for it.

The fact that the man is homeless and a little touched doesn't mean a thing when he's uncooperative.

Pity he died. Poor man, it was an horrific way to die.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Patrick2010

I doubt they're hoping people forget.. No doubt just like here a prosecution can take a long time to come to trial.

I'm waiting almost two years for a trail date to be set for an assault I was a witness to, a man was glassed in the head in a bar.. This is one of a few I'm waiting for, its a long process.

People here think they're desensitized to witnessing violence, what they mean is they're used to watching a lot of youtube clips but that every once in a whle they come across one which is worse, more graphic than all the others.. Probably close to 99% of people here haven't seen a violent incident since a school yard fight back in the day.

Some people are very, very violent and almost have to be beaten within an inch of their lives before they'll stop fighting.. Unfortunately in this case the someone died and people are being brought to account for it.

The fact that the man is homeless and a little touched doesn't mean a thing when he's uncooperative.

Did you actually watch the video?, at what point did the poor victim in the case fight the cops?. I haven't watched the video in months but I can still remember the poor guys screams as they sat on him.

Did you actually watch the video?, at what point did the poor victim in the case fight the cops?. I haven't watched the video in months but I can still remember the poor guys screams as they sat on him.

Yup looked it at he resisted arrest from the start. In fact the cops body language prior to things turning violent makes me believe he knew the man had the potential for violence.

I've seen people beat worse and live.

The screams don't bother me, people scream all the time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,897 ✭✭✭MagicSean

Yup looked it at, I've seen people beat worse and live.

Those slavers convicted in court yesterday apparently did a lot of screaming too.

MagicSean wrote: »
    Those slavers convicted in court yesterday apparently did a lot of screaming too.

What are you talking about?.

This man Kelly Thomas was beaten to death by police officers and if you cannot see this in plain view then i cannot help you see it.

If you had watched the full audio & video then you can plainly see that this was a murder by cop. I don't need to explain it at this stage in time, everyone can see it Crystal clear.

Any person that would consider this footage as acceptable in any shape or form needs to look at the audio and video evidence.

This man Kelly Thomas was beaten to death by police officers and if you cannot see this in plain view then i cannot help you see it.

If you had watched the full audio & video then you can plainly see that this was a murder by cop. I don't need to explain it at this stage in time, everyone can see it Crystal clear.

Any person that would consider this footage as acceptable in any shape or form needs to look at the audio and video evidence.

I think you're just trying to provoke an argument from me, you won't get one.

I think the poor man took an awful beating, but the cops are facing trial and if they're convicted (I think they will be) then they'll face the consequences of their actions.

Having said that I think the man initiated things.

What are you talking about?.

The traveller family who was convicted of slavery in England. They did a lot of screaming when convicted. Doesn't mean they were being mistreated.

The traveller family who was convicted of slavery in England. They did a lot of screaming when convicted. Doesn't mean they were being mistreated.

You've totally lost me.

Yup looked it at he resisted arrest from the start. In fact the cops body language prior to things turning violent makes me believe he knew the man had the potential for violence.

I've seen people beat worse and live.

That's the way you see it but I disagree and think that attitude toward a murder like this is Bollox in my opinion. Hard man are ye and no matter what injustice you see whether a murder or a few screams won't bother you.

The point in all this is the fact that a man with psychological personal problems was beaten to death by the people that are supposed to be there to serve and protect citizens but they left an innocent homeless man in a pool of blood screaming for his dad as he was violently murdered.

Yes screaming for his dad, because he was on the edge of death.

Some people huh.

• Advertisement

You've totally lost me.

Sorry. You said people scream for all kinds of reasons and it wasn't an indicator of anything. I was indicating another instance where people were reported as screaming which was nothing to do with being attacked.

That's the way you see it but I disagree and think that attitude toward a murder like this is Bollox in my opinion. Hard man are ye and no matter what injustice you see whether a murder or a few screams won't bother you.

These mans screams don't bother me in the least tbh.
    The point in all this is the fact that a man with psychological personal problems was beaten to death by the people that are supposed to be there to serve and protect citizens but they left an innocent homeless man in a pool of blood screaming for his dad as he was violently murdered.

I doubt he was intentionally murdered, quit with the hysterics ffs.
    Yes screaming for his dad, because he was on the edge of death.

People scream all the time, even those who aren't dying.

Poor man.

Sorry. You said people scream for all kinds of reasons and it wasn't an indicator of anything. I was indicating another instance where people were reported as screaming which was nothing to do with being attacked.

Ah grand, I didn't read all the news from the last few days.

I think you're just trying to provoke an argument from me, you won't get one.

I think the poor man took an awful beating, but the cops are facing trial and if they're convicted (I think they will be) then they'll face the consequences of their actions.

Having said that I think the man initiated things.

Emm...an argument ? no. Why would i provoke an argument ?

You have taken my post up wrong. I am debating and updating on an old situation of which this thread relates to, so I don't know why you are insinuating this.

As a martial arts person you should know and understand intelligent mental thought, visualizations of compassion in real life situations of serious incidents like this, especially murder by cop.

But this bollox you say..... "I've seen people beat worse and live. The screams don't bother me, people scream all the time. is words from an uneducated/childish person IMO.

But this bollox you say..... "I've seen people beat worse and live. The screams don't bother me, people scream all the time. is words from an uneducated person IMO.

You see when you continually use language like ''bollox'' you lose any credibility with me and its hard to think of you being anything other than hysterical.

You see when you continually use language like ''bollox'' you lose any credibility with me and its hard to think of you being anything other than hysterical.

I don't want anything to do with you.

I just updated this thread and i'll leave it at that.

This isn't FM-104

• Registered Users Posts: 2,965 ✭✭✭laoch na mona

how much force would be needed to take down a homeless man? he hardly posed a significant threat
    they could have tazered him once or tackled him to the ground and handcuffed him you cant say the force they used was reasonable

what they did was murder and a gross abuse of power

• Registered Users Posts: 7,408 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

anyone who thinks that was in anyway reasonable force needs their heads examined, one of those cops would have been able to handle him no bother (considering they where all at least double the size of him).

absolutely sickening when you hear him saying "daddy their killing me" :(

how much force would be needed to take down a homeless man? he hardly posed a significant threat
    they could have tazered him once or tackled him to the ground and handcuffed him you cant say the force they used was reasonable

It takes a fair amount of force to take someone to the ground if they don't want to go there, I've no idea what preceded this arrest but from looking at it unless he was a wanted fugitive the cops should have just let him run off into the night, its not likely he's be hard to find again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,797 ✭✭✭✭hatrickpatrick

There will always be jerks in the world who believe that assaults from the police are ok if the person was "asking for it". You get people bashing victims of crime as "asking for it" in almost every area of violent crime, and arguing with such people is a waste of time. They don't seem to understand that certain behavior is unacceptable under any circumstances whatsoever. There IS no potential defense here. What those cops did was wrong, and there is absolutely no possible justification for it. It doesn't matter what they guy did, he was not a threat to their lives ergo they had no right to take his. Period. Force is only acceptable to the point where you can subdue someone who is violently resisting arrest. This guy was on the ground helpless. There can be no justification for the violence continuing beyond that point.

Advertisement