Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

structural crack repairs

• 20-10-2014 1:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10

Anyone on this forum with building experience who knows the best way to repair a structural crack due to subsidence? One bedroom wall suffered a deep, vertical, structural crack. 5 ft in length and 3/4" wide, separating the wall in two, i.e. inside crack is mirrored on outside wall.
    Underpinning was done but the crack still has to be repaired. What kind of experience/qualifications should I be looking for? CIF, National Guild of Master Craftsmen?
    Got 3 quotes and 3 methods and not sure which is best: using steel plates, expanding metal,
    or helical bars. I thought the helical bars was the most effective. Any thoughts?
    If there is anyone here who can undertake this work and is fully insured in the meath/louth area, please let me know. A quote and tel. no. would help. Work will need to be certified for future buyers and to satisfy surveyors it has been done to building standards. Its a small job but might suit someone who's not overly busy with big construction work. Thanks for all comments and help. DD2

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 1,583 Mod ✭✭✭✭kkelliher

Thread moved as not a building reg item. All recommendations by pm.

I would recommend you speak with an engineer as this is not something that can be quoted ad hoc and should be supervised throughout

Advertisement