Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Roberts Radio Network Timeout

• 10-10-2014 8:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Hi all just wondering if anyone can help I have a Roberts radio Stream 105 that I listen to regularly but in the past few days when I connect it to my WiFi I keep getting the Network Timeout error message. I have spoke to Roberts and they told me to do a Factory reset which I have done on numerous occasions but to no avail. Its really starting to annoy me as I know my Network (which is 3 by the way) is good so that is not the problem.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks
    Rkr.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 366 ✭✭Mayo Yid

Three do not have an always on broadband product, they do mobile internet or otherwise known as midband on here as it's like a form of fast dial up but not real broadband no matter how they dress it up and market it. It even has it's own forum on here to keep the posts out of the broadband forum.
    http://touch.boards.ie/forum/1147

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Rocker1746

Sent the Radio back to Roberts for Repair they sent it back after a firmware update and said it was working fine and gave me a 6month warranty so turned the radio on and guess what its still giving me the Network Timeout error message so re-set my 3 wifi then reset the Radio and still the same. At the this point the Radio nearly got the window so decided to take it up to my mates who I know has Sky BB and the Radio loaded straight away all my favourites were accessed not a bother, so now I know its my Wifi but still cant work out what to do with it, any help would be much appreciated...

I thought I explained it above, Three so not have an always on broadband product like your friends always on ADSL Sky broadband connection. Issues like this are common, ask anyone tried to use mobile for remote cameras etc. they will work but suddenly stop.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Rocker1746

ok thanks Mayo I do understand but just strange that for months the radio worked no problem then all of a sudden it wont load at all, anyway looks like I will change my BB provider as getting very sick of Three dropping out.......

If you're not connecting at all it may not be the issue, it could be that three are filtering and blocking multicast, anyway it's mobile broadband, designed for light use on the move, not as a fixed broadband substitute.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17 davyh

Hi Guys
    I'm not a regular on here at all but would be very greatful for some info.
    I recently bought a Roberts Stream 93i for my parents and I am so impressed with it, I now want to purchase one for myself.
    Trouble is my internet connection is pretty standard where I live, I don't have a landline so im using a mobile wireless modem. 3 is the provider.
    Will this affect the radios performance?? Will the radio be constantly buffering??

Advertisement