Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Killer Instinct Discussion Thread

• 10-06-2013 6:04pm
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,226 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Not sure if its a remake or not.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Xinkai

Exclusive to Xbone... :(

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,226 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Xinkai wrote: »
    Exclusive to Xbone... :(

Was hoping for 360 release. Boo.

• Registered Users Posts: 558 ✭✭✭Bento Sento

They just showed off gameplay of this and frankly it looks horrible.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

TBH the bigger news from that segment is that XBox One TEs are already being prototyped!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭deathrider

Any excuse tos post this track again

• Advertisement

HERE'S YOUR TRAILER, LADS! I'M TYPING IN ALL CAPITALS IN AN ATEMPT TO RECREATE THE NARRATOR'S OVER-THE-TOP VOICE!!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,694 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

... meh.

I can safely ignore this.

Have fun, KI players.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭2gen

deathrider wrote: »
    HERE'S YOUR TRAILER, LADS! I'M TYPING IN ALL CAPITALS IN AN ATEMPT TO RECREATE THE NARRATOR'S OVER-THE-TOP VOICE!!

Hoping that they bring back Thunder and Riptor. those were "my mains" when i was a kid playing it on Koko's SNES.

however, im still pissed about XBone so i dont think i'll be getting the game :(

K.O.Kiki wrote: »

Have fun, KI players.

I'd love to, but due to it being an exclusive for what appears to be a console that's practicing some pretty sh1tty marketing decisions, I don't think I'll ever get the chance to.

im loving the what they did with the theme song of the game and the game also looks sick... but again f*** you XBone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 966 ✭✭✭Jun_DP101

damn that trailer was pretty intense

35q52m.jpg

2gen wrote: »

im loving the what they did with the theme song of the game and the game also looks sick... but again f*** you XBone.

Nice to see that Jago still has a lot of his old moves. Even some of the links are the same as they were in the original.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

Might have known.

DO WANT: My childhood back in the form of KI.

DO NOT WANT: This ****ty console.

Might have known.

DO WANT: My childhood back in the form of KI.

DO NOT WANT: This ****ty console.

That's pretty much my take on it too. I'd be comping at the bit to play this if it wasn't an XboxOne exclusive.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭Ramza

I'm KI master so you're all ****ed basically :pac:

Seriously tho, I live and breathed this game, even if it was extremely imbalanced it was so fun, looking forward to this! KI is tied with SF for my fave fighting game

I made some old KI combo videos years and years ago when I was like 12/13, I found them again and I'd post them but the music I used in them is just terrible! Some really good content and glitches but not sure if i want to share :pac:

BTW it was always gonna be an Xbox exclusive -- I mean, Microsoft did buy Rare outright...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭Yreval

Rh5d8n3.png

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    BTW it was always gonna be an Xbox exclusive -- I mean, Microsoft did buy Rare outright...

That's certainly my understanding of it.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 2,449 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rob2D

At least they're finally getting Rare to make something with a bit of imagination again.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭Ramza

Honestly this game doesn't look so hot, it looks like a rehash of KI2, exact same sprites and animations actually. KI2 was a big joke. Really gimmicky and had a lot of problems. You could argue the arcade version of KI1 also suffered this but not near the level KI2 did. KI2 was a world different than the KI everyone knew. All the version of KI were pretty effed balance wise but KI2 was a mess, this looks just like it, just with reallly good graphics

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭Nevflinn

Perfect! Now all Microsoft has to do is redesign the Xbox One from the top up so that it's not utterly disgusting.

Rob2D wrote: »
    At least they're finally getting Rare to make something with a bit of imagination again.
    Eh?

This is a sequel/remake -- the very anti-thesis of something new & imaginative.

Imaginative would be something like Viva Pinata :pac:

some more gameplay

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

Rob2D wrote: »
    This is being made by Double Helix. I dunno how much input Rare have into the game.
    http://www.doublehelixgames.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Burning Eclipse

Confirmation that Killer Instinct wasn't designed with anyone from the fighting game community in mind...

Scroll down a bunch and you'll get to this
    Killer Instinct is a day-one digital-only release on Xbox One, and features -- get this -- one character. Jago is free to play on launch day. Everyone else -- unspecified returning characters as well as original fighters -- will cost money. Price is to-be-determined (of course)

The game comes with 1 character... all the rest are paid for add-ons. I don't even...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,968 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Annoying, but if the characters are reasonably priced, then it could work out cheaper than a full release.

If it's €5 per character with any more than ten characters then it'll be very bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

I will be fine with this as long as there's a fully loaded version of the game I can buy instead of getting everyone individually.

EDIT: Nope, there's no fully loaded edition. You can only get Jago Edition and then get everyone else separately.
    It sounds like there might be an attempt by Microsoft to rebrand all demos as Free To Play versions.

The game comes with 1 character... all the rest are paid for add-ons. I don't even...

i have no words... i'm so F***ING PISSED AT MS :mad:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,226 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Annoying, but if the characters are reasonably priced, then it could work out cheaper than a full release.

If it's €5 per character with any more than ten characters then it'll be very bad.

"Annoying"? Jesus Chopper, you're taking this bastardization of gaming as we know it by MS very well. Honestly, i reckon we are looking at 16 charachters easily enough. This is my version of gaming hell to be honest. :(

What a joke of a decision. Fcuking hell, MS are just failing so badly it's ridiculous. I'm laughing as I type.

I had interest in KI about 10 minutes ago. I have none now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,968 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

So they're giving you the core game with the main character for free.

It'll likely have a lot of single player content, much like MK9 and the extra characters will be paid DLC.

No prices yet, but they could end up being quite affordable. They could equally end up being quite expensive. As it stands we don't know, so best to just wait and see.

Both previous versions of KI were terrible for competitive play and were only really fun when trying to break the game as much as possible, so it's not as if there's this pedigree behind it like with the Street Fighter series.

Advertisement