Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Yay new build!

13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

BhoyRayzor wrote: »
    what way are you doing air flow in this case? intake front and top and out take back and side?

No idea. Intake front yes, not sure on the side fan configuration, will probably have it as an intake as the exhaust fan and H100 (pull from case I think) will for for outtake.

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭BhoyRayzor

No idea. Intake front yes, not sure on the side fan configuration, will probably have it as an intake as the exhaust fan and H100 (pull from case I think) will for for outtake.

is the h110 on the top not intake as well no? I have no idea, just wondering. think I'm going with a h60, which they seem to recommend putting at the back but was going to see if I could use it at the top as I thought they were intake with the radiator, so was going to have intake front and top, out take back and the side either in/out take then as well. there's space for a fan at the bottom as well isn't there?

is the h110 on the top not intake as well no? I have no idea, just wondering. think I'm going with a h60, which they seem to recommend putting at the back but was going to see if I could use it at the top as I thought they were intake with the radiator, so was going to have intake front and top, out take back and the side either in/out take then as well. there's space for a fan at the bottom as well isn't there?
    I figure it's best to have fairly cool air coming from the case (shouldn't be too bad) cooling the radiator rather than hot air from the radiator blowing onto the motherboard.

Scan package (keyboard, PSU, SSD, DVDRW) should arrive today or tomorrow. Shame HWVS is taking so long, haven't confirmed payment yet :(

Just ordered one of the two things I forgot off eBay - a motherboard POST speaker. Old school :cool:

Other thing was a Boogie Bug XL pad, forgot to get it off Scan. Only a tenner too. If anybody in the Dublin region is getting anything off them soon, give me a shout and I can contribute to delivery if you get that for me too. Can't be paying more for delivery than the item itself :pac:

• Advertisement

xADX0.jpg`

Let battle commence :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,600 ✭✭✭Eboggles

I'm looking forward to this :D. The GTs are great by the way.

Actually just unboxing things and admiring them right now. Aside from the Deathadder, that's getting laptoped. It's bootiful!

Actually just unboxing things and admiring them right now. Aside from the Deathadder, that's getting laptoped. It's bootiful!

Are you building tonight? Couldn't see why you'd just unbox them and stare without touching them :confused:

Eboggles wrote: »
    Are you building tonight? Couldn't see why you'd just unbox them and stare without touching them :confused:

I am, I'm unboxing and staring first :pac:

Doubt I'll get it done tonight though, work tomorrow :mad:

Or I could call in sick...

• Advertisement

I am, I'm unboxing and staring first :pac:

Doubt I'll get it done tonight though, work tomorrow :mad:

Or I could call in sick...

It doesn't actually take as long as people think.

The whole assembly of the system could take under two hours, depending on the stuff you're using. Windows is normally installed in 15 minutes, so you could have your system up and running by 11.00 if you started soon.

Got all but the CPU cooler and graphics card done. Will need to fix the motherboard though, small clip from the I/O plate got the wrong side of the HDMI port. Hopefully it doesn't mean taking out the whole board.

Bit (lot) of cable management to do, and Windows to install (burning to disk now), but.....it's alive!!

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭BhoyRayzor

did HWVS give you 19% off with the ex vat price total after?

did HWVS give you 19% off with the ex vat price total after?

They did indeed. Scan gave me 20.

Advertisement