Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Considered Wrestling Training?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭Dickmcsavage

If we could get a show of hands maybe to see how many lads if any are thinking of going to the boards only training session. It'd be good to see what numbers we might be looking at having so we can organise things.
    Now that its on the 24th you can count me in.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭Cianan2

I'll do the 24th definitely!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,888 ✭✭✭Charisteas

We have a show on the 4th of March

May come along and check this out, what's the time and location?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 thekeoster

is there still training happening regular in different parts of ireland ??

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Merged with another irish wrestling school question thread.

• Advertisement

So far its myself and cianan who have said that they will be able to go. After reading back through through the thread I could see the following were also interested:

Deftlefthand
    Sirsok
    The Boston Crab
    Cena
    Charisteas
    Creative chris
    Starviewadams
    Voltwad
    Connemara man

It would be for the best if we could confirm the numbers sooner rather than later so FFPW will know whether or not the session will be happening.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,491 ✭✭✭thebostoncrab

So far its myself and cianan who have said that they will be able to go. After reading back through through the thread I could see the following were also interested:

Deftlefthand
    Sirsok
    The Boston Crab
    Cena
    Charisteas
    Creative chris
    Starviewadams
    Voltwad
    Connemara man

It would be for the best if we could confirm the numbers sooner rather than later so FFPW will know whether or not the session will be happening.

I'll be there.

Lads I just want to stress the point being made, if you are going to put yourself down please actually attend. The guys are taking their time for free and giving you a free lesson. It would be a huge slap in the face for everyone to say they are going only to no show.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 6,773 Mod ✭✭✭✭connemara man

Deftlefthand
    Sirsok
    The Boston Crab
    Cena
    Charisteas
    Creative chris
    Starviewadams
    Voltwad
    Connemara man

I'll be there also if anyone from Galway would like a lift up ill offer 4 seats in my car to facilitate people going up.

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭Justin Ternet

Charisteas wrote: »
    May come along and check this out, what's the time and location?

Its 6pm on Sunday. The handiest way to see where we are is to type Dublin Road Bray into Google Maps we're right there behind the coach inn.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,116 ✭✭✭starviewadams

Deftlefthand
    Sirsok
    The Boston Crab
    Cena
    Charisteas
    Creative chris
    Starviewadams
    Voltwad
    Connemara man

I definitely won't be able for this lads,I'm not well at the moment I'm afraid.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,732 ✭✭✭Reganio 2

Eh I'd be interested, assuming we are all dreadfully unfit :D. Just wondering how much and does the DART leave you near?

Reganio 2 wrote: »
    Eh I'd be interested, assuming we are all dreadfully unfit :D. Just wondering how much and does the DART leave you near?

You would be better off getting the bus from Dublin it leaves you right around the corner from the building. The Dart leaves you a good 15 or 20 minute walk away. It costs about 2.70 from Dublin Town on the bus.

Don't worry about fitness the session would be an introduction to pro wrestling, a slight warm up would be the height of it. Normally warm ups would be fairly intense but for these type of sessions, open days/beginner class, we do enough to avoid injuries like muscle strain.
    What people can expect is a short run through of most aspects of the in ring side of pro wrestling- Bumping, Lock up and basic chain wrestling, Rope Running, Basic Suplex and Slams on the crash mat then progressing to basic spots in the ring. Its a way to give you a taste of everything with out it getting overwhelming. So not much ring psychology or technical stuff on day one. I hope this sways some people in making the trip and make it seem less daunting. I'd love if this got a few more faces down to regular training sessions not just for the obvious reasons but fresh faces always make for more craic at training.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

Holy shït! An open training session?!
    Sounds deadly! Question, is there parking available?

Ample

I'd probably rather driving than sitting on public transport stinking of sweat!
    I'm interested, very interested. But unfortunately can't commit anything until Monday when I'll have an idea how I'll be fixed.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 CreativeChris

Anyone interested in carpooling to this? id def be willing to pay petrol money in return for a lift from the city!

Just want to give this a bump to see if there is still interest. It's just over two weeks away until the 24th and this thread seems to have gone quiet. It'd be great to see 5 or more lads show up.

Just want to give this a bump to see if there is still interest. It's just over two weeks away until the 24th and this thread seems to have gone quiet. It'd be great to see 5 or more lads show up.

I was gonna be bumping it either way to ask has times been determined yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭FFPW Office

CMpunked wrote: »

I was gonna be bumping it either way to ask has times been determined yet?
    Our normal training sessions are usually between 2 and 6pm on Sunday but if people here want to decide on an earlier time to get more out of the day I'm sure we can arrange that too. If we can get everyone to agree on a time that suits we can go with that.

HOw many of us are going? Is this still defo goin ahead, I've asked for the day off work!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 6,773 Mod ✭✭✭✭connemara man

Sorry the Sunday doesn't suit me wish i could but I'll need to be round Galway (for possible work reasons as i am unemployed come Friday)
    I really hope it turns out well for everyone who goes I am gutted

• Registered Users Posts: 4,888 ✭✭✭Charisteas

I'm still interested and you can still count me in thus far, but I've had problems the last couple of weeks with my eyes, long story short I can live with the pain but i can't wear my contact lenses for a while. Obviously can't wrestle with specs on but they seem to be recovering and i'm back in the hospital for a check up next week so i'll see how I am then. It's a cornea problem nothing contagious.

Also wanted to ask do you have any rules about footwear or do you train barefoot?

If anyone else is a definite yes, can you post here asap so that the guys can start to make arrangements?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭The Volt

I'm in!

Right lads it has been confirmed for Saturday the 24th at 1pm.Good luck to everyone and remember all are welcome all ages and fitness levels and its free.

Right lads it has been confirmed for Saturday the 24th at 1pm.Good luck to everyone and remember all are welcome all ages and fitness levels and its free.
    I second this question:
    Charisteas wrote: »
    Also wanted to ask do you have any rules about footwear

• Registered Users Posts: 9,636 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

I'd nearly go just to learn the most devastating move of all time - 'the Russian leg sweep'

:D:D

Ot the day off work so happy days!

You can count me in for Sat the 24th / 13:00. Looking forward to it.

But as the lads above have been saying: what's the craic with footwear? I have a pair of running trainers that I normally use for jogging would they be ok?

Trainers/runners will do lads no big rules on footwear. No football boots or sunday best like.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,379 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)

I heard the cardio and warm up out there is ridiculous!
    Fair play to everyone giving it a go.

Advertisement