Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Netbook Keyboards

• 11-11-2008 5:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭

I'm looking at Netbooks but I'd like some opinions on what has the best keyboard for typing - had an old EEEPC which was OK for web browsing but that was the tolerable extent of it, now with the new 10" screens I'm hoping that's shifted to at least 'usable'. Don't use my laptop much - in fact, never, apart from typing once a week and watching movies the other few hours - so I'm selling my Macbook. The contenders:

NC10
    Aspire One
    EEEPC 900/901?

Only concerns would be with the smaller screen on the EEEPC and generally smaller frame...I was looking at the N10 with it's 9300GS but that's ludicrious money for a netbook, so tempting though...any suggestions welcome on the most typing friendly device.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,258 ✭✭✭swingking

The eee 1000h has a really nice keyboard. The only thing annoying is the right shift key which is not full size.

I haven't tried the others but i'd say they have equally nice keyboards.

Best thing to do is to go to PC world and try them out for yourself. It's the only way you'll learn the feel from one;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

The EEEPC keyboards are very intollerant to droplets of tea, beer or any liquids, I am awaiting a replacement for the 901 after literally a few drops of tea spilt on it, cheap enough to replace if you are willing to up to wait two weeks at least. Its nearly worth getting one as back up in advance. About e20 inc postage from Hongkong.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

swingking wrote: »
    The eee 1000h has a really nice keyboard. The only thing annoying is the right shift key which is not full size.

I haven't tried the others but i'd say they have equally nice keyboards.

Best thing to do is to go to PC world and try them out for yourself. It's the only way you'll learn the feel from one;)

+1. Go and try them out, the msi wind/advent 4211 has a lovely keyboard.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

I got the Wind, found the keyboard by far the best. The 1000 comes close, but it being considerably more expensive made the Wind the only option!

No problems typing on this one at all, unlike the last netbook - very happy with it.

Advertisement