Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Recommendation for Survey Report for House Purchase

• 20-10-2014 5:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi All,

I was wondering if anyone could recommend an architect/surveyor/engineer to carry out a survey report?
    I am purchasing a second hand semi-d (built circa 1995) with no obvious structural issues (well to me that is....but I am a complete novice), but I want to ensure everything is ok or at least get a good idea what may need to be fixed (e.g. heating, plumbing etc).

I want to be sure I get someone that is reputable and will do a real thorough job as I do not have experience in this area. My solicitor has recommended an architect. He has come highly recommended but his quote of €550 +VAT seems excessively high. I dont want to scrimp and save on this, as it is so important, but I dont want to get completely ripped off either.

Any recommendations or help would be greatly appreciated!!!!!!

Thanks a mill!

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,684 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Recommendations by PM only please.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,988 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Same situation here. I'd appreciate a PM detailing a surveyor people were pleased with.

Advertisement